Options

Now with more homoerotic overtones and multiplayer! [Mass Effect 3]

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I have to admit, I lolled at that, and do so every time I play through Shadowbroker. :D

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    that car chase was pretty unbelievable, loved it to death

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have still not played the Shadow Broker DLC. That's a thing I should probably do right now.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    smof wrote:
    I have still not played the Shadow Broker DLC. That's a thing I should probably do right now.

Yes

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    smof wrote:

Have you started playing yet? We'll wait.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I'll probably pick up arrival for my inevitable run through ME and ME2 prior to the release of the third installment but ain't no way I'm paying money for more liara

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    That's the thing though, not only is Shadow Broker really, really great and the best of the dlcs, it also makes Liara a much better character by really showing off some character development.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    I'll probably pick up arrival for my inevitable run through ME and ME2 prior to the release of the third installment but ain't no way I'm paying money for more liara

But she doesn't suck in Shadow Broker!

I was as surprised as you (will probably be) even with all the endorsements.

Pre-broker Liara is lame and awful. Post broker, she falls into the best category of characters.

Snarky and murderous.

But in a distinct way from the other snarky, murderous characters. It's good stuff.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The secret codex thing about all your squadmates you get after the mission is worth the price of Shadow Broker alone
    It's also really fun to play and has much more content than the other DLC
    Liara being good in it is just a bonus
    Not playing it because you're not fond of Liara is a terrible idea

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    She jokes about omnigel. How can you dislike that?

• Options
    I excel at disliking things

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    You get to watch a video of the reporter getting punched by a volus

If that doesn't sell it I don't know what will

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    You get to watch a video of the reporter getting punched by a volus

If that doesn't sell it I don't know what will

Kicked, if I remember.

Kicking is often even better than punching.

• Options
    It has some of Jacob's 4 hour long ab workout

So have you bought it yet, Dichotomy?

• Options
    nah the things you're listing aren't really that appealing

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    shadow broker dlc has fun boss fights and some of the prettiest areas in the series. liara definitely sucks but there is enough cool stuff to make up for it

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    There's more people to shoot.

And another model ship.

And um

candy bars, yeah.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Jordyn wrote:
    candy bras, yeah.

What I saw.

And I began to wonder what I missed in the DLC. Then I re-read it and was a little amused and disappointed.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I am not a fan of Liara.

I still think Shadow Broker is the BEST DLC and well worth getting.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    liara's actually interesting in shadow broker but haters gonna hate

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    sadly there is no option to sell liara out to the shadow broker

woulda rather had the broker in my party. let's be real here

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    liara's actually interesting in shadow broker but haters gonna hate

Yes, she is, but I'm still not a fan.

She does have some great banter with Shep in that DLC though. Solid gold.

• Options
    The banter was lovely. I wish all the missions had as much of it.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Am I right in thinking there is an editor that lets you modify saves for import into the PC version of ME2? And if so how specific can you be? Cos I'm thinking now I have a good PC and my xbox is getting kind of old and not running so great I might want to switch to PC for ME3. But only if I can have the exact Shepard I've played through from ME1. So I want to be able to set up a save with all my side mission choices and stuff. Just the big decisions like you can do in that Genesis thing ain't good enough.

• Options
    You can change any and all import settings in the PC version using Gibbed's Mass Effect 2 Save Editor.

If you REALLY want, somewhere out there there's a converter that'll translate your ME1 face to an ME2 face.

The procedure to use the import is going to take awhile, so you'll have to be patient.

1) Start new game. Create defaultShep of the appropriate sex and profession. Save. Tab out/quit.
    2) Fire up the save editor. Check everything you want in ME1. Check the "completed ME2" box. Save.
    3) Tab back in. Start new ME2 import game, using your edited save. Save again. Tab out.
    4) Load your latest save in the save editor. Add in appropriate import bonuses that didn't carry over (experience, paragon, renegade, etc.)
    5) Load your save in ME2.
    6) Play your perfect import!

• Options
    guys I miss being hungover Shepard.

I am having a hungover Shepard hangover.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hangover shepard is always with you

in your liver

• Options
    Orca wrote:
    You can change any and all import settings in the PC version using Gibbed's Mass Effect 2 Save Editor.

If you REALLY want, somewhere out there there's a converter that'll translate your ME1 face to an ME2 face.

The procedure to use the import is going to take awhile, so you'll have to be patient.

1) Start new game. Create defaultShep of the appropriate sex and profession. Save. Tab out/quit.
    2) Fire up the save editor. Check everything you want in ME1. Check the "completed ME2" box. Save.
    3) Tab back in. Start new ME2 import game, using your edited save. Save again. Tab out.
    4) Load your latest save in the save editor. Add in appropriate import bonuses that didn't carry over (experience, paragon, renegade, etc.)
    5) Load your save in ME2.
    6) Play your perfect import!

Awesome, thanks!

Now I just need to convince myself that being able to play it on PC is worth buying the game and all the DLC again. I guess I could just wait and hope that this Gibbed guy does the same thing for ME3, but that would mean not playing it with my legacy character the instasecond it is released.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    @Jordyn

will this make you feel better
    line9-1-5.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

woulda rather had the broker in my party. let's be real here

Oh fuck, without a moments hesitation. Every renegade check from there on is "Check out my huge man-lizard. Do you have a huge man-lizard?"

• Options
    oh my god blank that is amazing.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I just want the game to put me in front of the yahg president so I can challenge it to a friendly bout of fisticuffs and score a yahg army

no doubt the Reapers get there first

• Options
    Turns out the Yahg have been around for millions of years, the Reapers just avoid their planet every time because "Man fuck those crazy lizards"

• Options
    the yahg dont even have space ships

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I do though

let's be honest, with the amount of damage I do with three people I wouldn't need any more than six or seven to conquer the galaxy, if that

• Options
    the yahg dont even have space ships

I guess it's easier to just sit around and wait for people to show up, so you can eat them

• Options
    The yahg could conquer the galaxy if they weren't so lazy

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    They're probably like the pre-war Krogan where they're too focused on fighting each-other to realize they could rule the galaxy if they worked together.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So turns out I already had ME2 installed. And I already bought Overlord and Shadowbroker and just never played them!

So is there a way to tell what I already have installed in terms of extras so I don't re download stuff that takes forever.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ugh $20 to buy all the DLC I didn't have. Oh well I get a bunch of use out of it.

This discussion has been closed.