Options

Now with more homoerotic overtones and multiplayer! [Mass Effect 3]

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Check the DLC section of the main game menu.

Alternatively check this page if you are registered on the Bioware social network http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php
    Edit: nevermind, the entitlements page only tells you what you've bought not what you have installed. But the game menu still should.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Or you can just
    omniface.jpg

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    smof wrote:

Alternatively check this page if you are registered on the Bioware social network http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php
    Edit: nevermind, the entitlements page only tells you what you've bought not what you have installed. But the game menu still should.

Unless there is a patch for the PC version I have missed there is no DLC menu I can see

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Shep doesn't get hung over.

Shep just gets blackout drunk, dizzy for like 12 seconds and keeps on truckin

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    God dammit, both of my xbox controllers are refusing to switch on. Fuck you and your stupid piece of shit toys Microsoft.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote:
    smof wrote:

Unless there is a patch for the PC version I have missed there is no DLC menu I can see

You don't have a menu item that says "New Content Available"? I think you need to be connected to the Cerberus network to see it.

• Options
    yeah but it just opens the Bioware social page which tells me what DLC I own, not whats installed.

Also, I recall having a thing that let you create ME1 save files to import to 2. This was a mod and not the crappy DLC but I can't recall what it was called

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    yeah but it just opens the Bioware social page which tells me what DLC I own, not whats installed.

Also, I recall having a thing that let you create ME1 save files to import to 2. This was a mod and not the crappy DLC but I can't recall what it was called

Just grab the save you want from here.
    http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    smof wrote:
    God dammit, both of my xbox controllers are refusing to switch on. Fuck you and your stupid piece of shit toys Microsoft.

Check the battery?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote:

Just grab the save you want from here.
    http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

Oh right forgot about that site! Thanks

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8242088&lf=8

Just a quick Q&A. Mostly stuff that we already know but some nice clarifications and such.
    I will say that the new heavy melee for Vanguard is a lot of fun though... a Trooper was lifted, and then his head was literally spiked into the ground...

:D

• Options
    smof wrote:

Check the battery?

The batteries are rechargeable AAs that seem to work fine in everything else. I dunno if something's up with the controllers but they've been playing up lately. Yesterday the one I was using kept flashing like it was running out of juice but still displayed as having full power if I hit the system button. Took about 10 minutes of trying but got one to turn on just now. Guess this is another reason to switch from xbox to PC, I can't be buggered with forking out on a new controller when I hardly ever play the xbox any more.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Rechargeables typically operate at 1.2v, whereas regular alkalines operate at 1.5v. Some devices can handle the voltage drop (my wireless keyboard and mouse), while others don't take to it kindly (my LED flashlight). So that might be the problem there.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    So, I've strarted up a second round of ME1 with my soldier. One thing cracking me up is Spectre sniper rifle X with Scramrail X twice and explosive rounds X. Ok, so it overheats with every shot, but it is hilarious what it does to people.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    smof wrote:
    smof wrote:

Check the battery?

The batteries are rechargeable AAs that seem to work fine in everything else. I dunno if something's up with the controllers but they've been playing up lately. Yesterday the one I was using kept flashing like it was running out of juice but still displayed as having full power if I hit the system button. Took about 10 minutes of trying but got one to turn on just now. Guess this is another reason to switch from xbox to PC, I can't be buggered with forking out on a new controller when I hardly ever play the xbox any more.

I had the same issue with rechargeable alkalines. The controllers do not need replacing, the batteries do.

Just pop some regular-old Duracells or Energizers or (Ultra/Max styles recommended) and you should be good for several weeks. It's not Microsoft's fault and they do sell rechargeable controller batteries for the system that work properly. Your average rechargeable AAs run out lightning-quick even if they start with a full charge.

• Options
    TankHammer wrote:
    I had the same issue with rechargeable alkalines. The controllers do not need replacing, the batteries do.

Just pop some regular-old Duracells or Energizers or (Ultra/Max styles recommended) and you should be good for several weeks. It's not Microsoft's fault and they do sell rechargeable controller batteries for the system that work properly. Your average rechargeable AAs run out lightning-quick even if they start with a full charge.

Aha! So it is a voltage problem then. Rechargeables pretty rapidly drop from their peak voltage to an operating voltage of, I dunno, something like 1.15v, which must be just below the threshold at which the controller will reliably operate. They typically have a much higher total capacity, but (obviously) much lower peak voltage, and they don't spend much time at peak...

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Yeah, mine worked fine at first and then rapidly degraded to the point where I couldn't even charge a set of them before the second ones wore-out. I finally gave up and went back to using standard batteries since I don't play my XBox every day.

While I wouldn't mind playing Mass Effect on a PC that's at least a little better than the laptop I'm running right now, I'd still insist on using an XBox controller. The idea of paying a 3rd person game with WASD+Mouse just seems really awkward to me. I like analog controls.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    When I'm killing reapers with my bare hands as male Shep, I'm putting this on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxqW0Clok7U

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    ACTUALLY I GUESS THIS IS A SPOILER FOR THE END OF ME2 IF YOU MAKE CERTAIN CHOICES ANTI DON'T WATCH

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    IT'S NOT EVEN THAT FUNNY AND NOW I'M WONDERING WHY I BOTHERED

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    IT'S NOT EVEN THAT FUNNY AND NOW I'M WONDERING WHY I BOTHERED

Because it's THERE!

• Options
    TOO LATE

i've been spoiled dozens of times over and i really dunno if i'll get that far anyway

• Options
    It's pretty easy to not fuck up that bad anyway

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    TOO LATE

i've been spoiled dozens of times over and i really dunno if i'll get that far anyway

Why not?

(Also, how far in are you now? )

• Options
    not any further
    been busy with school/too stressed out to continue

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    not any further

Well, it gets better from there on.

And your charm skill looked good enough to solve any problems from here on out that can't be shot.

• Options
    i currently have charm and intimidate maxed out as far as they'll go for my paragon/renegade levels

also i nearly typed intimate

heh

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I wish intimacy was a real stat.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    We could make a role playing game system, Trippy

that's all about feelings

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote:
    I wish intimacy was a real stat.

"You and Liara just don't have anything in common now. Your years apart, while less than a month to you, have caused the relationship to fall into disarray."

-5 Intimacy.

-- We can get past this
    --Well, that's the way it goes.
    --I'm sorry. What did I say that sounded like I cared?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Where's the option for freaky cross-species ba-donk-a-donks?

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options

All of them.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

+5 to Kirkness

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    not any further

Anti just look at pictures of Hangover Shep til you feel better.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    No, don't just look

BE Hangover Shep.

• Options
    Jordyn wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    not any further

Anti just look at pictures of Hangover Shep til you feel better.
    one eternity later
    ;____;

• Options
    Orca wrote:
    No, don't just look

BE Hangover Shep.

Look, we can't all be hangover Shep.

Do you know what Hangover Shep considers sufficient for a night on the town?

Enough poison to kill anyone and a quad of Ryncol.

When she vomits into a pond, it destroys ecosystems. Her alcohol blood content is 5%!

AND NONE OF THAT BLOOD IS HERS.

What I'm saying is, modern asprin isn't advanced enough for that hangover.

• Options
  • Options
    Did you see the size of her boobs? Liara's powers must have grown fantastically.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    It is very mokawsundere

This discussion has been closed.