Options

Now with more homoerotic overtones and multiplayer! [Mass Effect 3]

• Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    That sure is a thing.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    So since I just started playing ME1, I got as far as when Shepard takes over the Normandy.

Talk about overwhelming. I had no idea the universe would be that large.

(Also, I'm rolling with Wrex & Tali. Is that viable?)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    So since I just started playing ME1, I got as far as when Shepard takes over the Normandy.

Yeah, that's the thing ME2 loses. The sense of being allowed to explore a big exciting universe. The Star Trek bit.

Of course, it was all smoke, mirrors, and recycled landscapes, but it was pretty neat.

And Wrex+ Tali is viable. Lots of shotgunning. And Wrex is a right hard bastard.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing ME2 loses. The sense of being allowed to explore a big exciting universe. The Star Trek bit.

Of course, it was all smoke, mirrors, and recycled landscapes, but it was pretty neat.

And Wrex+ Tali is viable. Lots of shotgunning. And Wrex is a right hard bastard.

It reminds me of Star Wars: Galaxies, kind of. Just seeing the scope and the descriptions can work wonders. (The despised WH40k Soulstorm did the same thing too, sort of.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:

I've heard this complaint before, but never understood it.

There are just as many planets in 2. You get all the fun of the exploration from 1, minus the "are we there yet?" empty, boring space between items of interest once you land on the planets.

Though the planet scanning is admitedly just as boring as riding around endlessly in the Mako. The difference is that planet scanning doesn't take as long.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

It reminds me of Star Wars: Galaxies, kind of. Just seeing the scope and the descriptions can work wonders. (The despised WH40k Soulstorm did the same thing too, sort of.)

The descriptions and flying around stay in 2. Just no landing on random planets to walk around and punch monkeys.

Every time you land, it's mission oriented.

Then again, it may just feel smaller since I played ME2 7 times to 2 for ME1.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

ugh indeed

fortunately, there seems to be a huge amount of negative feedback toward the hypersexualized look

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Here's the color concept picture, it's been floating around for a while:

http://www.facebook.com/masseffect#!/photo.php?fbid=10150362593527025&set=o.85811091644&type=1&theater

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    not nearly soul calibur enough

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    So it's based off the comic book Liara. All is explained.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    it looks bad and they should feel bad.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

ugh indeed

fortunately, there seems to be a huge amount of negative feedback toward the hypersexualized look

yeah, i was happy about that

• Options
    God help them if they did that to Tali.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Why did you say that

don't give them ideas

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Damn your eyes!

(TOO LATE)

• Options
    No one would notice any difference with Miranda.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    The game does it already.

• Options
    well
    she'd have the face of a two year old

• Options
    where's my anime Illusive Man

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    most toddlers already look like ogres, so again, no one would notice.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    That face will haunt my nightmares.

• Options
    The Frieza With Tits comment is so perfect

cannot unsee!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    If there was ever a need for a Dislike button on Facebook, this is certainly a time for it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting for a statue like that of Wrex.

Those quads.

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    Welp, Kaiden just signed his death warrant.

Me: "Fuck, those first two responses seem flirtatious. Wait, that last one looks like a friendly brush-off."
    Shepard: "I like to get to know all my crew. I don't always enjoy it this much, though."
    Me: "Okay, that's reasona-"
    Kaiden: "Whoa. That might take some time to... process, Commander."
    Me: "DAMMIT, KAIDEN. I WAS GOING TO SPARE YOU, THIS TIME."

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    That is why I love the dialogue wheel in DA2 having the little icons. So I know to not accidently flirt with people I ain't wanna.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    None of those options were good, DotB. Every one was a flirt, or construed as one. All I could see was Ander's face in the center of the wheel, leering at me.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Well that is the other problem.

I've taken to just not even talking to the characters I don't wanna flirt with in ME playthroughs 'cause otherwise problems arise.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    I think I turned him down in a second conversation, but Liara asked me if we had a thing going before making her own pass. Then I told her to keep her tentacles where I can see them, 'cause I'm saving my Shep for a lucky lady in ME3.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    is that lucky lady, you?

• Options
    sadly, there's no self-insertion technology available in video games, at the moment

the best I can hope for is some fanfiction

where ladyshep wrestles me on top the corpse of a geth colossus

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    it's all fun and games until she starts having flash backs to the blitz and then suddenly you're being gutted being called four eye scum.

• Options
    The Blitz? Nah, I'm worried about mine screaming something about Thresher Maws and punching me in the mouth.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Dubh you may wanna go see a dentist.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Cerberus can rebuild my jaw

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Cerberus might rebuild it, but if you talk to Sarif I'm sure he'd install some sweet swords or a gun or something in there. At the very least a bottle opener.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Dubh, I have 3 sheps. One banged Ashley, then Tali, and who knows in 3. One did Liara, then Kelly, but is going to go back to Liara, and the third did stuff with Ashley and then Jack.

No one ever sleeps with Miranda. Basically what I'm saying is that you can stay true in 3 even if you sleep with someone in the other two games.

Also no one likes Miranda

• Options
    I like Miranda

shush, you

@BYToady: But I can't ask for it

not ever

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I find it hilarious that you can actually choose to receive a kiss of death from Morinth.

This discussion has been closed.