As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Listen, chumpo. In the grim future of Glossolalia, there is only Derelicte. So stuff it.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]
    [Viking] [Cunning] [Stalwart] [Spiteful] [Barbarous] [Grim]

"And yet I'm not the one choking another, am I?"

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [Jessie Crais]

Jessie--who has totally been in the elevator the whole time--watches the quarrel unfold in horror.

"We are currently 'guests' of a man who is quite possibly evil and almost certainly has a few screws loose, but you two still seem bound and determined to kill each other. Are you completely insane?"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    I'm gonna re-enter Speed's game

playing as Quorthon's sense of reason

I hear there's a vacancy

the only vaguely reasonable character is stilts's

everyone else: totally psychotic

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    [Attus Kael]
    [Deckhand][Great Strength][Good-Natured][Not Bright][Shy][Gets Carried Away]

"No, ya'll are the one who tried to cut off my fingers when I tried t'stop you from blowin' up the ship we're on." Attus glares at Quorthon before looking to Crais. "Why do you let this idiot think he's in charge? He's like a kid wearin' his daddy's coat."

DE?AD on
  • Options
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]
    [Viking] [Cunning] [Stalwart] [Spiteful] [Barbarous] [Grim]

"Blowing up the engine of the ship we're on. Baldr's feet, you're thick."

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [Jessie Crais]

"He's in charge because he owns the ship. And he entrusted me to provide him with honest opinions of his judgement. Not you. So right now, I order you, Attus, to put the captain down. And captain, I'd appreciate it if you'd fill me in on the specifics of this plan of yours so I can do my job and tell you whether I think it's stupid."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    [Attus Kael]
    [Deckhand][Great Strength][Good-Natured][Not Bright][Shy][Gets Carried Away]

"It's still just more destruction! Ain't you got a single thought in your head asides violence?" Attus taps a bloody finger against Quorthon's forehead. "You got anything worthwhile in there, son?"

Attus turns to Crais, and his shoulders slump. "Fine," he growls.

He lets the captain go - chucking him out of the elevator and throwing him as far down the dining table as possible.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Wait a second like half that post vanished on me

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Jaralla instinctively opens her mouth and tries to sing to calm the two of you down, but it ends up coming out as a lame little croak.

She resigns to just stand back instead.

Meanwhile, [93/15] Boom's attempts to regain control over his body prove completely fruitless, and only serve to make his muscles scream out in greater pain. The Man in the Sea stands over his twitching form and crouches down. A necrotic hand reaches out and lands on Boom's face and the room falls away into darkness. You're reminded of when you were under the effect of Jaralla's song. Except that was peaceful and serene. This...

[87/20] ThiMAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP

You feel like you're having a heart attack. Like dogs are rending the flesh from your bones. Like The Man has torn out your eyes and is scraping brain matter out through the sockets. Above the pain and the torment and the chaos you finally hear his gutteral, inhuman voice.

"You wish to know Ancient secrets? You believe you are entitled to answers simply because you ask loudly? You're nothing.

Atom created us and sent us out into the world his firstborn destroyed. We are like gods unto to you. Your fate rests in our hands. Your birthright has been revoked. The best you can do is hope the one to attain Atom will be one who shows mankind mercy."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    the dice are cruel tonight

• Options
    they really are!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    switch dice

• Options
    so how bad does quorthon hit that table

• Options
    edited September 2011
    55/60

Well there isn't actually a dining table to throw him on since you're in the hall outside the dining area, but Atus chucks him good and hard down the corridor. He lands on the ground and hits his head on a pipe, the metal making a dull "clang."

You hear fast-moving footsteps.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]
    [Swordsman] [Indefatigable] [Cannoneer] [Egotistical] [Stubborn] [Secretive]

Jaralla's song was calm, disarming. This is an altogether more violent intrusion. Just about all Boom can do is be in pain.
    But while Jaralla's melody soothed tensions and sapped the will, draining emotion, there's one thing that pain is very good at: inciting emotion. The baser emotions, specifically. Hatred. Rage. Frustration.

So Boom lays there, pathetic, writhing on the floor. And to keep from going insane, he armors himself in the hatred he feels for the ghoul that is putting him through this.

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Mannnnnnn, I wonder what should do on derelict.
    Just keep scrubbin? Seem like a plan.

• Options
    Mal pulls the stove back from the wall.

A small bug feeds on a dismembered finger.

• Options
    Mal Carne
    [Chef][Capoeirista][Charming]
    [Calamitous][Chivalrous][Carnal]

Mal, his job in the kitchen dealt with, slyly rejoins his crew. He's not smoking. "Hey. Assholes. What's up now?"

• Options
    no you have a chance here

to ditch these weirdos and become Chef King of the Pirates

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Pfft, those assholes are beyond saving. Motherfuckers are eating rotting meat. Gross

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Boom's eyes screw up in concentration as he struggles to find some way to steel himself against the ocean of agony.

100-1.gif

He fails.

His body feels as though it's tearing itself apart. As though a loose thread has been pulled and his entire being is coming unraveled.

There is no longer a Thaddeus Boom. Only a floating perception of infinite pain.

The feeling's gone. The room has rushed back into view. boom's muscles have relaxed, though there's a lingering soreness. [37/50] he remembers to keep his fingers firmly around the grenade in his hand. his head feels... cloudy.

Picking his head up, boom can see that The Prophet has backed away from him.

"It is rare that even a particularly violent or boorish human manages to draw my ire. But the arrogance you display in your every action is a special breed of contemptuous. Simply killing you... would provide no satisfaction.

So instead I have provided you with a lesson. An earfoðhwil all your own. The Hardship is intended as a path to self-discovery. The path I've now provided you will teach you just how worthless you truly are."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hey, Dichotomy

you and trippy made a baby

|
    |
    |
    V

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    God i love those.

• Options
    everyone let's all point and laugh at dichotomy for getting the first 100

or at least the first 100 I care about

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    a 100

and babymaking on the same page

not a good day for the Dichotomys

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    dang

to both things

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    That's a sweet Sig Dubh.

• Options
    Credit to @Trippyjing and @Dichotomy

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    One of these days I'm gonna get around to editing electrode's animated black/white sprite so it has a speed racer helmet

and flips the visor up to waggle his eyebrows

• Options
    dammit dubh quit citing me I hate having to click over to the thing to get the number to go away

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    you'll get yours

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I just noticed Boom lost his Bold. Now he's all size 1

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Don't worry, Dichotomy. At least I won't do that thing you hate.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote:
    I just noticed Boom lost his Bold. Now he's all size 1

size 2

and lowercase

• Options
    a downsizing that would have killed outright a lesser man

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    just a reminder we're doin' it live 9:30 EST/6:30 PST tomorrow night!

This discussion has been closed.