As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Listen, chumpo. In the grim future of Glossolalia, there is only Derelicte. So stuff it.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dibrotomy just for clarification the idea behind the memory of people aging and dying in the swamp wasn't meant to imply that her seduction kills people

Just that they lived their entire lives in the swamp with her

You might have already understood that and were just having boom take a little license with his description but I just wanted to make sure

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    is there really a difference

Arguably there isn't

But I just wanted to make sure I was being clear

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Her mind is tiffany-twisted, she got the mercedes bends
    She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    I want to take a brief moment to thank Neo for getting everyone to start using Special to summon items out of the ether. However, I feel I should point out, that you guys can also force tricks in a similar manner. From now on, in Slategray, if you'd like to try a trick, you can just put some numbers after the sentence, like you would when pulling items out of the air's ass.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    ooh neat
    [Daniel] 3 8 4
    [Man's-Man] [Dexterous] [Rugged]

[I: Traveler's Gear(EQUIPPED), Kimano, Nitchi razR Shortsword, Areathena Recurve 10-20 Shortbow]
    "Well shit." His plan failed, Danny boy rushes at the lunkhead, attempting to knock him on his ass.3
    "Get that hose on him!"

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    valve, I feel your ass-knocking will be redundant

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Shock G wrote:
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]
    [Viking] [Clever] [Stalwart] [Spiteful] [Barbarous] [Grim]

"Was it... created in the same manner as the boxing man?"

[ Thaddeus Boom ]
    [Swordmaster] [Indefatigable] [Cannoneer] [Egotistical] [Stubborn] [Secretive]

"The same thing is responsible for making the both of them. That 'man of the sea'."
    Boom uses the wall to pull himself into a seated position, glaring at Jaralla.

"This mystery is vastly more complex than I surmised."

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Shock G wrote:
    valve, I feel your ass-knocking will be redundant

it would assist in making sure he doesn't shoot at us again! also if the desk thing works out he would slide easier!

• Options
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]

"I believe that we've found an enemy, Boom." And a dangerous one, at that.

• Options
    what I'm saying, valve, is that penelope is currently swinging an axe that is almost as large as she is into his knee

• Options
    oh

ohhhhh

• Options
    yup

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    [Carly Lane]
    [Demolitionist] [Augmented] [Studious] [Quiet] [Obsessive] [Adrenaline-Junkie]

"So... We gonna throw her out, or something?" Carly frowns, glancing between the mermaid and Boom. "Because that sounds like a great idea, to me."

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    20 DAYS AGO
    in between Events 12 and 13 on the op timeline

Anthony Hackett steps into what was once his office. He looks the silver-haired msn sitting at his old desk with a raised eyebrow and a frown.

"You know, Admiral Wilson, if the Navy is going to give me 'time off,' I'd rather they didn't call me down to the base."

Admiral Wilson says nothing for a moment, his hands tightly folded on the desk. After a brief silence, nods toward a chair next to the door. "Have a seat, Anthony."

Hackett turns to his right and notices the third man in the room for the first time, a young man in Naval attire shifting awkwardly in his seat. Hackett snorts and smiles.

"What, did some of the privates do a little hazing to their new admiral?"

Admiral Wilson's steely gaze doesn't falter. "I've been reviewing the details of the Elliot Galk/Jessica Crais prison escape."

Hackett loses his smirk. He slowly eases himself into the empty chair. "Have you, now?"

"Private Alexander Forstib came to me yesterday and provided an account of the incident that appears to contradict your report. I was hoping you could clear up some of the inconsistencies."

The young soldier pipes up, his voice shaking slightly. "I-I was the soldier that shot the escaping prisoner, sir."

Hackett turns to face the private. "You told Admiral Wilson what happened?"

"I-um, I... I didn't want to cause trouble but--"

"You don't need to explain yourself to him, Alexander. You were right to come to me. No one is above the law, not even Admiral Hackett."

Hackett reclines in his seat. "Admiral Wilson's right, of course. You shouldn't be afraid to do what you think is right. The only way you'll be able to live with yourself is to follow your own moral compass. That's the belief I was acting on on the day in question."

Wilson leans forward. "Should I take that as a confession, Admiral?"

"I think, before I answer that, I should speak with a lawyer."

"Mm. Admiral Anthony Hackett," Wilson begins as he rises from his chair. He opens a drawer and withdraws a pair of manacles. "You're under arrest for corruption, accessory to prison escape, falsifying National documents, and conspiracy to commit treason."

Hackett offers his wrists as the intercom on the desk sparks to life.

"Admiral Wilson sir, a Mr. Dulethard is here to see you."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Man, I wish this avatar bug thing would get fixed so I can Avatar-ize the sweet commission DE?AD did for me. God dammit forums.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    the plot becomes creamy and rich

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Jaralla chokes back her sobs.

"What am I supposed to do? No one wants my help. I don't want to hurt. What else is left?"

• Options
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]

"Vengeance, perhaps."

• Options
    hahahaha

I was gonna be all "revenge" but figured nah I'm not sure I should

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    always motivation in splitting the skulls of your enemies

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    [Carly Lane]

"Yeaaaah, uh." Carly lowers her hatchet. "You'll always have this... lovely swamp."

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    "V... Vengeance?"

• Options
    edited September 2011
    and so quorthon took the naive and innocent little rat-girl under his wing, teaching her the ways of spite and vengeance

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    You guys are taking this shit so far off the rails that it's about to wrap back around to get onto the rails again

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Multi-track drifting!!

NeoToma on
  • Options
    yeah but your rails are laid down right before the train is to run over them like that one wallace and gromit cartoon

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    No I actually I had a rough idea of how the Jaralla arc was supposed to go!

And now you've shown me the foolishness of such things

• Options
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]

"Retribution. It is clear to me that you have been wronged, and that the creature who wronged you is still out there. Use the curse he inflicted upon you, and break him."

• Options
    [Carly Lane]

"No, no. Invite the creepy swamp-thing aboard. Nothing wrong with that."

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Having her lure men to their deaths by keeping them in the swamp forever is far more interesting than her just being a monster that eats people.
    Shock G wrote:
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]

"Vengeance, perhaps."

"What is the primary thought or primary ideas that fuels Quorthon's Captianing style"

Thinks.

"Vengeance..."
    Drinks wine.

• Options
    excellent work neo

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    [Attus Kael]
    [Deckhand][Great Strength][Good-Natured][Not Bright][Shy][Gets Carried Away]

Attus Kael just... just has no clue what's going on anymore. He sits down on the nearest barrel and crosses his arms.

• Options
    wonderful, neo

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote:
    Attus Kael just... just has no clue what's going on anymore. He sits down on the nearest barrel and crosses his arms.

Yeah.

Me either.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    well see it all started when speed racer wanted to do a gloss thread version of this desert-themed pirate story he tried to play with real people once

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    yeah, I'm trying my best to latch onto what's going on

clearly, it's not enough

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    well see it all started when speed racer wanted to do a gloss thread version of this desert-themed pirate story he tried to play with real people once

Go on...

• Options
    Ok well clearly I've fucked up here

Where'd the plot get lost here

• Options
    We were blowing our way through this marsh, when an antlion attacked. It was killed. Jessie started coughing. Afterwards we heard a song that drew us all in, where we found a mermaid that sang songs that made everyone fall in love with her. Except Boom because Stubborn/fightingSpirit.

We came back to the ship when Jessie's disease started getting worse. Then a croctopus attacked. It was defeated, But the mermaid told us the only way to curse Jessie was herbs. Which we got and Mal is preparing right now i guess. In the process of getting the herbs Boom got swallowed by hallucinegenic frog allowing the mermaid to talk to him directly through a dream sequence.

During the dream sequence Boom found out The mermaid was created by "Some Dudes" for some "Mysterious Purpose". However she broke free. Since then she's been using her power to lure men to her marsh where she keeps them subdued and happy their entire life.

Also she's Immortal it seems? Right now Boom just came out of that dream and everyone is deciding what to do with her once more.

Is this correct?

• Options
    as far as my character knows, we really should think about tossing her bony ass out the door

as far as I know, pretty much the same

Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.