Options

I got mugged

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Carrying a gun always seems like a bad idea. I'm sure some of you know exactly how you would react, but I don't think most people can say how they would react if they got mugged, and if you aren't a badass, there is a decent chance that your own gun gets you killed.

That's why it's bad to just get a carry permit and a gun. You should get training and practice before even attempting to apply for a permit.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    But I'll never get mugged because I have a beard.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:
    in glasgow walking

Well there you go.

Heeeyy

I walk in Glasgow all the time, ain't never gotten mugged.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Isoldae wrote:
    What does a 40 dollar haircut even look like?

That seems like an expensive hair cut.

yeah i spend a lot of money on haircuts

• Options
    KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Carrying a gun always seems like a bad idea. I'm sure some of you know exactly how you would react, but I don't think most people can say how they would react if they got mugged, and if you aren't a badass, there is a decent chance that your own gun gets you killed.

My rational, liberal sensibilities agree with you. Then my reptilian neanderthal brain considers stories like this, or the random families that are butchered by some psycho in their own home every few years. Yeah, maybe it'd get me killed, or maybe I'd just unload a clip into a deserving asshole (or just as likely, an undeserving guy with a mental health problem).

Speaking as a guy who has dedicated his training and education to medicine, I get the rational idea that I'd probably do more harm than good.

However, would like the option to protect myself and my family.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote:

My rational, liberal sensibilities agree with you. Then my reptilian neanderthal brain considers stories like this, or the random families that are butchered by some psycho in their own home every few years. Yeah, maybe it'd get me killed, or maybe I'd just unload a clip into a deserving asshole (or just as likely, an undeserving guy with a mental health problem).

Speaking as a guy who has dedicated his training and education to medicine, I get the rational idea that I'd probably do more harm than good.

Magazine.

Not clip.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote:

yes i'm sure you would casually unload a clip in another human being without hesitation or subsequent personal problems

• Options
    i prefer just punching people

i'm real good at it

good news is he didn't break my nose so the moneymaker is still in tact and people basically bought my shots all night

and now I can say it's happened

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    Isoldae wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:
    in glasgow walking

Well there you go.

Heeeyy

What about stabbed?

Have you been stabbed in Glasgow?

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    A mate of mine was throwing up in an alley when a guy tried to mug him.

The mugger was like "Are you okay?"

My friend was like "HUUALARGAGGGAUAGHAGHGHGARRAGH"

The mugger waited for him to stop and went "give your wallet".

My friend went "HUHUAHHHAGLLAAHHGHAHAUUHAHRGRHGAG" again.

And then again.

At which point the mugger got nervous about how long it was taking and obviously didn't want to get close to the guy projectile vomiting up 3 pitchers and a bottle of JD, so walked away.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    You know what'll happen if you pull out a gun during a mugging?

BANG BANG BANG, you're dieing and bleeding out.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I think I would just throw my wallet at the dude and run. I am about as threatening as cotton fluff.

That's actually what you should do. Throw it away from yourself and run the other way.

• Options
    Hunter wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:

Magazine.

Not clip.

Maybe he is using a M1 Garand in this hypothetical story.

xet8c.gif
  • Options

Just stop.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote:
    Fyndir wrote:
    Isoldae wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:
    in glasgow walking

Well there you go.

Heeeyy

What about stabbed?

Not even once.

P.S. T4CT, sorry you got mugged man, that sucks.
    Kabitzy wrote:

Keep away from dark alleys, especially in foreign countries.

Domestic dark alleys are not anywhere near as dangerous as foreign dark alleys, obviously.

No matter where you're from, this is unequivocally the case!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

I don't think the mugger's knife was the kind that shot bullets.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:

Magazine.

Not clip.

OK yes, if he's in WW2 and fighting the Jerries, it's possible he'll be unloading his M1 into Heinz Von Hitler mugging him.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kabitzy wrote:

I guess...if I lived in area where mugging was a big enough concern that I felt the need to carry a decoy wallet I think I would just move.

• Options
    i've spent a decent amount of time considering how likely death via stab would have been too

it would've hurt and I would've lost a lot of blood but I'm thinking you could probably last til help arrived

EMS in calgary is pretty quick to the trigger

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    Isoldae wrote:
    Fyndir wrote:
    Isoldae wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:
    in glasgow walking

Well there you go.

Heeeyy

What about stabbed?

Not even once.

yet

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular

...because... you've made the classic mistake of holding the gun backwards and have shot yourself?

• Options
    TheStig wrote:

Could have been a Final Fantasy villain.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote:

Could have been a Final Fantasy villain.

No! Only the heroes carry gun blades and they don't mug people!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Raneados wrote:

...because... you've made the classic mistake of holding the gun backwards and have shot yourself?

Not to be confused with the other classic mistake of starting a land war in Asia, or the other other classic mistake of winning a charity auction in SE++ for Child's Play in which some guy named Rainydoodle was supposed to make you a video.

• Options
    Raneados wrote:

This is why you need handgun training first.

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Raneados wrote:

Not to be confused with the other classic mistake of starting a land war in Asia, or the other other classic mistake of winning a charity auction in SE++ for Child's Play in which some guy named Rainydoodle was supposed to make you a video.

actually!

I should be done pretty soon!
    "pretty soon"

hoo
    fuckin
    ray!

I'm going to need ointment for my gnarled hands

I have contracted CTRL-Z syndrome

• Options
    Wow, and it's only September so you're only 9 months late. Congrats.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Fishman wrote:
    A mate of mine was throwing up in an alley when a guy tried to mug him.

The mugger was like "Are you okay?"

My friend was like "HUUALARGAGGGAUAGHAGHGHGARRAGH"

The mugger waited for him to stop and went "give your wallet".

My friend went "HUHUAHHHAGLLAAHHGHAHAUUHAHRGRHGAG" again.

And then again.

At which point the mugger got nervous about how long it was taking and obviously didn't want to get close to the guy projectile vomiting up 3 pitchers and a bottle of JD, so walked away.

Hahahaha that's great

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Hunter wrote:
    Wow, and it's only September so you're only 9 months late. Congrats.

I'm like the government over here

laugh track

• Options
    influenza interrupt

• Options
    Hunter wrote:
    Isoldae wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:

Magazine.

Not clip.

OK yes, if he's in WW2 and fighting the Jerries, it's possible he'll be unloading his M1 into Heinz Von Hitler mugging him.

In which case he would be using a clip and not a magazine.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Holy shit Teefour, glad you're okay

I've never been mugged or even felt like I was a potential muggee, but I've never lived in a really big city

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    were I mugged I would be forced to defend myself with glower power

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    If I were mugged I would offer the mugger advice on his stance and then strike up a conversation with him and convince him to follow his dreams of becoming a masseuse

• Options
    Maybe throw the money at them so hard you accidentally give the guy a paper cut.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    speed racer you don't have a molecule in you cool enough to do that

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I got mugged once delivering pizzas. There were six dudes and when I got the pizzas out if the bag one dude king hit me while three others ran off with the pizza.

I remember quite clearly the first punch and hitting the ground. Because as soon as I hit the ground what went through my brain was, "fuck this" and I got up and started swinging. I know I connected a few and the other dudes eventually ran off.

Not even sure if fighting back was the best idea, probably was though as those three guys that stayed were probably not hanging around to chat.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Grab the closest guy and beat it out of him.

Also dont forget your uzi.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    If I were mugged I would offer the mugger advice on his stance and then strike up a conversation with him and convince him to follow his dreams of becoming a masseuse

You twist your elbow to absorb the recoil
    That's really more of a revolver technique