Options

I got mugged

• Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    I was mugged at knifepoint about five years ago.

But then, you know, South Africa.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    T4CT wrote:
    I want to mug all of you

You can't mug me. I have a beard.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I've nearly been mugged twice, both times when I was in high school, by people who went to my high school. The first time was a little scrawney guy who demanded my money while I was waiting for a bus. I told him no and he looked confused then pulled out a standard knife (like you would eat your dinner with - not threatening at all.) He then asked me "about that money", at this point my bus pulled up so I just got on it and drove off. i have never seen anyone be as confused as this nugger over why I wasn't handing over my money.
    The secong mugger happened in december just as I was doing xmas shopping. Guy strolls up alongside me and asks what i've bought him (all presents for my mum which no-one else would want anyway) I notice he's got 2 mates with him so im not starting anything but he swings at me and I duck and go inside a pub for safety so they ran off. Got pretty lucky. Although 2 weeks later school holiday is over and the first day back me and mates teach the guy some manners about not trying to rob people. Cut to 3 years later at a nightclub he sees my older brother and is all "hey we went to the same high school!" and my bro is all "hey you tried to mug my brother!" - cue his 2nd ass-kicking

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    man, I got mugged one time right outside of my high school

broad fucking daylight

the guy picked me up

man-lifting-boy-beside-van.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't know why...but I found the term "standard knife" hilarious.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    you know mugging thread I am sad because part of my wallet broke yesterday

I've had that wallet for an unreasonable amount of time
    like I bought it before I had access to any real kind of money because I wanted to have some place classy to put my money eventually
    it's like fifteen years old

I'm unsure if I'm awful enough to try fixing it with duct tape

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:
    Fire Truck wrote:
    I got mugged in Mongolia. Tried to bash my head in with a rock, but I pushed the guy down, squirmed away from the other one and ran.

Holy crap, that's some hardcore mugging. No threats, just a rock to the head.

Two guys were following me trying to convince me to go down a nice safe alley with them to drink. I wasn't having it, so one of them shouted and this dude comes running from behind a fence with a big fucking rock.

You should have jumped on the guy's back and put him in a sleeper hold.

Then you could have faced their leader in a battle of wits, to the death.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    I have never been mugged nor seen a mugging, but I saw a dude getting beat up before. Back in high school there was this place that had local band shows, and a lot of them were punk shows. Back then I was a punker wannabe. Anyway, there was this skinny kid with thick glasses who was ALWAYS there because they had arcade machines, but he was a dick to everyone and would often tell people they couldn't play Metal Slug unless they beat him at Samurai Showdown or something like that. Well one night this guys lady friend told the skinny kid to stop being a dick and he called her a few choice names, so her guy and his friends took the guy outside to beat him up. I stood by and let this happen because he was being an ass and some people just need to learn.

4 guys beating on him and he yells "KAIOKEN!" and just starts swinging, busted a guys lip and hit one in the nose hard enough to make it bleed. The guys backed off and the skinny kid bolted. Didn't see him there after that, But thats when I knew, I had met Son Goku, and he was a dick.

I cannot stop laughing. Awesome post'd.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

1d8 is pretty laughable, yeah

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    The Best Buy in Florida my wife worked at got their entire stock of laptops stolen.

They kept them locked in cages above the shelves on the back wall. The thieves got on the roof, cut their way through and took every last one of them.

When I worked at Staples some guys lifted all of our laptop harddrives. They were in little boxes with those spider clips on them, they just cut a hole around them and pulled the drives out. Turns out they worked at Best Buy so they knew how big and exactly were in the packaging the drives were

• Options
    Javen wrote:

not to an NPC.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    god damn it
    Skull Man wrote:

broad fucking daylight

the guy picked me up

you joke, but thanks to my buddy's cameraphone we actually were able to track the guy down

if you're interested, here's the video

my mom got so freaked out when she saw it she actually moved me to another school

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Skull Man wrote:
    my mom got so freaked out when she saw it she actually moved me across the country

to your aunt and uncle's place, perhaps?

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote:

ok so i'm laughing but in my head it's all fuck you

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    god damn it
    Skull Man wrote:

broad fucking daylight

the guy picked me up

you joke, but thanks to my buddy's cameraphone we actually were able to track the guy down

my mom got so freaked out when she saw it she actually moved me across the country

Man, you got in one little fight and your mom got scared?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    My brother got knocked unconscious and mugged.

His biggest complaint was that waiting in the ER was boring.

My only experience with being mugged was some dude with a skateboard stopping me on the sidewalk and telling me that he would shank me if I did not give him any money. I rolled my eyes and walked by him and he shouted, "Y-yeah! J-just keep on walking!"

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    god damn it
    Skull Man wrote:

broad fucking daylight

the guy picked me up

my mom got so freaked out when she saw it she actually moved me to another school

Is this the story of your life got flipped right upside down?

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i don't think the decoy wallet really works when you have a costanza wallet like i do

maybe i could try and pass it off as a tumor

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be able to mentally deal with being mugged.

Glad you are alright T4CT.

• Options
    man I could not fucking believe that wasn't what the OP was doing

dude shows up with a FRESH PRINCE avatar talking about getting MUGGED

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote:
    T4CT wrote:
    $200 jacket I bought from Buffalo

You bought a jacket from an animal?

The jacket wasn't a very good fit.

broken image link
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:

In west Philly, T4CT would have been shot and then mugged.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My mother was mugged once when I was following a bit behind as but a wee lad- dude punched her in the face, grabbed her purse, took off. Got all the little puppets she was using for her quasi-teaching job in the park, aaaaaand that's it.

Oh and one time some dudes tried to take my PSP. While I was getting off the Staten Island Ferry in the middle of the fucking day, broad daylight, in a giant fucking crowd. Easily the most ridiculous thing to ever happen to me.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:

how did I not fucking think of this

• Options
    also was anyone else aware that fresh prince still gets airtime on television

i've started PVRing it

• Options
    My only experience with mugging was a near mugging. Years ago, before I moved in with my brother and our mutual friends, I use to go over there and hang out a lot. I was so comfortable in our neighborhood that I would walk around wherever at like 1am. One night, I was heading home from his place down the main avenue that connected the apartment complex to my dad's house. I was walking on the sidewalk left of the road, which was pretty much a long railing of fences for people's backyards. My dad's house was on the right side, along with many many roads for the neighborhood. Two blocks from my dad's house, I finally decide to cross the street - I'd just felt like walking home on the left side for whatever reason. It was just past one of the roads cutting into the neighborhood. And right when I make it to the sidewalk, a few guys come up to the avenue off the road.

"Hey, give me your wallet." Oh fuck.

I use to wear a rain coat that was often mistaken for a trench coat at the time, and opened it as if I was getting something (still walking, back turned to them still). Kept walking. Just half a block to dad's, and his house was second from the corner. I rounded the corner, and as soon as I was out of sight, ran like a little bitch up the drive-way and made my way inside.

• Options
    It's all on the damn time. I'm pretty sure at any given moment Fresh Prince is on one of the channels.

• Options
    T4CT wrote:
    also was anyone else aware that fresh prince still gets airtime on television

i've started PVRing it

I've yet to meet a person who hated / hates the show. It's so good.

• Options
    The episode with his dad was on the other day. Always a tear jerker.

• Options
    i bought VHS copies of it a couple months ago

plan on ripping them to DVD at some point

• Options
    Isn't it out on DVD?

• Options
    The episode with his dad was on the other day. Always a tear jerker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmerFuzRNZ4

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    never been mugged

I would just lay down and die.

• Options
    Kochikens wrote:
    never been mugged

I would just lay down and die.

It works on bears, so you never know!

• Options
    I haven't actually ever been mugged or robbed or anything like that

I think I'm the perfect combination of sizable+not rich looking

• Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    I haven't actually ever been mugged or robbed or anything like that

I think I'm the perfect combination of sizable+not rich looking

Yeah, I just look kind of like a hobo so people assume I'm not worth mugging. Also, I'm big enough to look intimidating.

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Wait, did this guy have a gun or a knife? If he didn't, why didn't you rape him?

• Options
    well I don't look like a hobo, jesus

have some dignity sir

• Options
    I avoid muggings by never leaving my apartment after 4 PM

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    well I don't look like a hobo, jesus

have some dignity sir

It's the beard and the currently unkempt hairdo..and the fact I carry around a jar of urine. But that's for medical reasons.