Options

I got mugged

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    t4ct, I read this thread earlier and I couldn't stop thinking about it when I was biking back from the store and the sun had gone down.
    :[
    Hope you're all right though

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I started reading this thread on my smartphone while wandering the streets of DC by myself. Surprisingly, I haven't been mugged since I've moved down. That story about puke preventing a mugging amused me, since I've felt absolutely horrible all day and did feel like puking at the time, so I figured I had a defense mechanism.

Really though, I'm super glad that you weren't stabbed tonight. Sucks about the phone and the cash. And to think, I was considering complaining about having to sleep on the floor of my bathroom last night.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Carrying a gun always seems like a bad idea. I'm sure some of you know exactly how you would react, but I don't think most people can say how they would react if they got mugged, and if you aren't a badass, there is a decent chance that your own gun gets you killed.

Probably not, but whatever.

Likely wouldn't be carrying a gun with you going to a bar anyway, since it's illegal (and you're a law-abiding citizen, no doubt), and irresponsible.

also, never been mugged, but have had a knife pulled on me. Shit sucks, best thing to do is create distance.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    man, I got mugged one time right outside of my high school

broad fucking daylight

the guy picked me up

Whoa wait shit
    He picked you... up?

Did he then throw you into a pile of cardboard boxes

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I may have gotten mugged a few weeks ago. I actually don't know - I was in a state my friends refer to as "hurricaning". That is when tidal surges of alcohol take over.
    The only evidence I had that I may have been mugged is that when I woke up the next day my wallet was gone, and I apparently told one friend the night before I was being chased by black guys.

I'm leaning towards my drunk ass just having dropped the wallet though... and having somehow pissed off the group chasing me; rather than them trying to outright rob me.

(Right now I'm still in a "I'm never drinking again" phase)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh goddammit Skull I'm 2 pages late

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I got mugged on the train home when I was at an internship in college, every now and they I'll play a Owl Creek/Jacob's Ladder type scenario in my head and I'll have a difficult time sleeping for a few days

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    I've never been mugged even though I have lived in some really seedy places and had roommate with me at the time who had been mugged coming and going from our place.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    the first time i ever got really wasted was a massive school-leavers street party, i was in the year below and drinking vodka and ended up passing out on a bench by the beach

i remember someone coming up to me and saying "someone's going to take your wallet, mate"

sure enough, when i woke up in the morning i had no wallet

later in the week i had the genius stroke of calling the local police station to see if it had been handed in. amazingly it had, so i picked it up and my money was still in it and everything. it was about then that i started to remember the guy who had approached me might have been a police officer

tldr: i got mugged by a cop for my own good

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I've never been mugged... probably because I never go outside.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    there's a roof right next to my apartment
    with fire escape access from the ground
    and every so often Teens will go up that fire escape and onto that roof and smoke reefers and gossip

and usually they ain't bother me none so I let it be but sometimes I just wanna go out and mug 'em for being stupid

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote:
    the first time i ever got really wasted was a massive school-leavers street party, i was in the year below and drinking vodka and ended up passing out on a bench by the beach

i remember someone coming up to me and saying "someone's going to take your wallet, mate"

sure enough, when i woke up in the morning i had no wallet

later in the week i had the genius stroke of calling the local police station to see if it had been handed in. amazingly it had, so i picked it up and my money was still in it and everything. it was about then that i started to remember the guy who had approached me might have been a police officer

tldr: i got mugged by a cop for my own good

That's amazing, considering here you probably would've been in jail for a public intoxication. You know, for your own safety.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    my head is starting to feel where I got elbowed now

• Options
    man there weren't enough cells in the state for all the intoxicated minors on that beach that night. it was the last year it happened, the cops and the schools started putting the clampdown on that shit at that particular beach afterwards. i think we even directly contributed to an entire council area losing its favourite new years eve party, because that got cancelled too

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote:
    i think the biggest triumph was that the $200 jacket I bought from Buffalo is completely unharmed

"You think I'd get mugged in a 600 dollar jacket? Come on!"

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    thorgot wrote:
    T4CT wrote:
    i think the biggest triumph was that the $200 jacket I bought from Buffalo is completely unharmed

"You think I'd get mugged in a 600 dollar jacket? Come on!"

:^:

• Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    I've never been mugged, nor have I been in a fight.

I'm a little disappointed.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I've been hugged.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Never been mugged, accosted, or propositioned

Probably because Outside is where bears live and I therefore don't go there

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Slider wrote:

Say, Slider, you going to PAX East?

Just wondering.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Jezz.

ruining e'rything

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    If you went up to someone and asked for their phone, no threats or weapons or anything, and they just handed it over, would that be illegal?

broken image link
  • Options
    If you ran away with it, yes?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Blake T wrote:
    Jezz.

ruining e'rything

story of my life...

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Just like, "Hey, can I have your phone? To keep, not to borrow."

And if they say no then whatever, it's their phone.

But if they gave it to you, it was their choice. I mean it's not like you were threatening them or anything.

broken image link
  • Options
    Oh. I thought you just meant "hey can I see your phone" and then take off running.

So uh... no.. if they are aware you are having it forever then it is not illegal. But good luck with that?

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I figure you just walk around at night with a couple pipe & ball bearing based IED's up in your coat, explosive reactive armour style, then if anyone fucks with you, they get shredded like an incoming RPG

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I suppose you could argue it's obtaining goods by deceit.

Where they are acting like they are robbing you when they are just asking for things.

• Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    [SAFETYNOTICE] Aggressive Solicitation of Money

Police are investigating an incident in which a female student had a subject get into her car after she left a bar on Monday, January 3. The suspect told the student to take him to an ATM and get him some money. The victim was intimidated enough to comply, even though no weapon was shown, and no overt threat made. After receiving the money, the suspect had the victim drop him off.

I get these from my university all the time but this is the funniest

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I'm missing the part where that's funny?

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    a friend of mine almost got jumped recently near my apartment, but fortunately he saw the set-up happening (two guys were trying to pen him in basically) and broke out. he's a pretty fast guy, so he got away from them.

this almost happened to me on the way to dragoncon the other night i think.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    That's because you still have some empathy left

We'll drain it out of you in time

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    I've been hugged.

You poor soul! D:

PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote:

She figured the dude would do some unpleasant stuff to her if she didn't do what he said, so she complied without recieving any explicit threats. I agree, I have heard of some funnier shit myself.

• Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    Slider wrote:

Say, Slider, you going to PAX East?

Just wondering.

Nope. I live in Seattle.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I got beaten up for no reason once while walking my 2 stepbrothers home from school

The worst is when someone walks right by and ignores you, despite your calls for help

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I got beaten up for no reason once while walking my 2 stepbrothers home from school

The worst is when someone walks right by and ignores you, despite your calls for help

i-w4rz3gw-L.jpg
    ?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Yup it was super funny too

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote:
    Sara Lynn wrote:

She figured the dude would do some unpleasant stuff to her if she didn't do what he said, so she complied without recieving any explicit threats. I agree, I have heard of some funnier shit myself.

still not seeing how its funny at all