SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Basically screw Barnsley forever

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Kochikens wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    I'm missing the part where that's funny?

She figured the dude would do some unpleasant stuff to her if she didn't do what he said, so she complied without recieving any explicit threats. I agree, I have heard of some funnier shit myself.

still not seeing how its funny at all

See, according to the mugger's society code, he wasn't allowed to attack her unless his opening proposition explicitly stated that he will. The victim, who was clearly did not have a complete understanding of the code and its technicalities complied with his request, even though she was completely safe. It's a hilarious workplace misunderstanding brought on by procedural technicalities!

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I think Hobnail is agreeing that it's unfunny. Unless I am wrong. I only have enough energy to be mad at one person, so hopefully I am not.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yeah Hob was saying it's not funny.

Why whats-his-face would say it's funny is beyond me. That's worth a smack upside the head.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    oh
    hurrr
    i didn't look at avatars and thought hob was the one who posted it in the first place

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Well you'd never catch me misunderstanding things like that and making a fool of myself

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ive been in a pleasant state of drinking tea from the tardis and watching a BBC nature doc narrated by benedict cumberbatch all weekend

i cant be expected to understand anything that doesnt involve lava tubes or penguin eating crabs

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    i kind of assumed nobody meant it was "haha funny" and more of a "well that's an interesting way of mugging someone" funny

like not funny in a humorous sense

just funny

does that make pennies to anyone else

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote:
    i kind of assumed nobody meant it was "haha funny" and more of a "well that's an interesting way of mugging someone" funny

just funny

I get what you're saying but it doesn't apply in this case.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    hey kochi, I got a question

do you know how well goldfish and platys get along?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    ive been in a pleasant state of drinking tea from the tardis and watching a BBC nature doc narrated by benedict cumberbatch all weekend

i cant be expected to understand anything that doesnt involve lava tubes or penguin eating crabs

oh my god I want some tea
    and some british television

... man i have to do stuff though, no fair.

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    its funny in the sense that it indicates how oblivious male privilege is to how threatened women can feel in certain situations

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:

That sounds lovely.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I'd feel pretty darn threatened in that situation also

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Yes I daresay you'd have to be a sociopathic sack of crap to not understand how that could be intimidating

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:

South Pacific is awesome and the volcano episode is the best

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Yeah if A dude was just sitting in my car and telling me to go to an ATM
    I wouldn't be like, "Hey, I'm gonna need to see some sort of overtly threatening weaponry before I comply."

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    "Could you please demonstrate the danger that I'm in?"

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I think it'd be intimidating

funny isn't the right word

more like

it's just an odd sort of mugging

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I think it's sort of funny given the way it's written and not how it probably went down

because it sounds like sort of a reverse mugging

maybe I'm just sick in the head

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I thought it was funny, but not in a ROFL sort of way.

You know?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The closest I've ever been to getting mugged is some dude on the Case campus telling me the point in his jacket pocket was a gun like Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams. My buddy I was with reacted almost exactly like James Earl Jones and the guy walked away when we didn't believe he had a gun.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Taya wrote:
    I thought it was funny, but not in a ROFL sort of way.

You know?

I thought it was tasty, but not in a waffle sort of way.

You know?

• Options
    Shabooty wrote:
    hey kochi, I got a question

do you know how well goldfish and platys get along?

Not at all
    never put goldfish with any other fish except for, possibly, a bristlenose pleco. Sometimes a few corys might be okay, but generally, just goldfish. Also we are talking fancy goldfish here, not common or comet goldfish, which you should never really be keeping in a tank unless you have a 100 gallon tank.
    goldfish are huge assholes and will either kill/eat/harass/terrorize everything else or be harassed/killed/eaten/terrorized by everything else

if you are interested in keeping goldfish here is the best resource for information on the topic
    http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    it was a surprise goldfish

niece won it at a fair

• Options
    take it to a pet store and exchange it for a fancy goldfish (Which needs a 20 gallon tank and is still not compatible with other fish) or get ready to build an outdoor pond/buy a 50 gallon+ tank

even wikipedia knows youre fucked, commons get 12 inches plus. And that is not a, well baaaw they only get the size of their tank!! that is total false bullshit and is like saying well I will put this baby human in a box, it will only get as big as this box. Yes, because it will die. I mean honestly if you want to put it in whatever I don't personally give a shit, but it is going to either die or eat your platys. Also goldfish release an amazing amount of ammonia aka poo-pee into the water so you'll need to up your filtration in your tank or do more water changes anyways. but hey, the good thing about fish is that they are cheap and you can always replace them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_goldfish#Housing

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I'm fishless cycling my 5 gallon for my future betta fish and it is taking FOREVER

it'll be worth it in the end though

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    I'm fishless cycling my 5 gallon for my future betta fish and it is taking FOREVER

it'll be worth it in the end though

oh god i love lil adorbs nano tanks for bettas

fishless cycling is such a bittcchhhh, I had to do it for my 15 gallon axolotl tank and now it looks like the filter is being a bitch again so I am going to take the media from my goldfish tank and use it til it gets back on its feet

edit: I really wanted to try taking a 2gal fluval spec and trying to do corals in it, there's a big aquarium society here with a shitton of coral frags for sale/trade. But I am so busy now with my other tanks bluhbluh

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote:
    I wouldn't be like, "Hey, I'm gonna need to see some sort of overtly threatening weaponry before I comply."

It's why I keep a 10" infantry knife between the console and driver seat.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote:

You need to get your carry license.

• Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:
    teefs got mugged

i got mugged in glasgow walking home from a mates party, i gave them an empty wallet that i always carry around just in case

hope you're not hurt

that is a fucking genius idea. Buying another wallet tommorow.

If you can get your hands on some defunct and/or worthless currency, say, some Zimbabwean dollars or Saddam-era Iraqi Dinars, stuff it with that.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Carrying a gun always seems like a bad idea. I'm sure some of you know exactly how you would react, but I don't think most people can say how they would react if they got mugged, and if you aren't a badass, there is a decent chance that your own gun gets you killed.

Probably not, but whatever.

You're certainly not any safer carrying a gun unless you're willing to actually shoot someone.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Phant wrote:
    jaziek wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:
    teefs got mugged

i got mugged in glasgow walking home from a mates party, i gave them an empty wallet that i always carry around just in case

hope you're not hurt

that is a fucking genius idea. Buying another wallet tommorow.

If you can get your hands on some defunct and/or worthless currency, say, some Zimbabwean dollars or Saddam-era Iraqi Dinars, stuff it with that.

Monopoly money.

And holy fuck T4CT. Glad you're okay and everything man.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've got a few Billion Zimbabwe dollars in my desk. Picked them up last year for a couple $US.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    BusterK wrote:

You need to get your carry license.

Yes I do. It also serves the purpose of having a hardened metal point on the hilt to break glass. Which can also be used as a hammer. Or a human skull cracker.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote:

just funny

I was thinking it might have been more in regards to what they called it "aggressive solicitation of money" as opposed to "robbery without physical assault"

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I don't think you could get away with wasting someone in self defense where I'm at.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote:

I like the part later on in that episode where they experience it a bit and flip out

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I used to carry a canister of CS Gas spray in case someone tried to mug me.

Incredibly stupid. I'd have been more likely to go to prison than my attacker.

ZD98Zka.png