As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conspicuous Consumerism / Christmas Cashflow Considerations

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh and I do own (and wear) this:

qw-cheatsheet.jpg

NO SHAME

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    sometimes I buy shirts from webcomics I don't read

every one of those times it's because there's a dinosaur on the shirt

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Janson wrote:
    Mori and I would like to upgrade our computer (it is so old, guys) and buy a stereo system for the TV before higher rents and babies claim all our monies.

But in the past year we've bought pretty much most of what we'd like and most of it should last a good while! I have a really nice dining set.

OMFG BABIES!?! WHEN IS IT COMING

Brolo on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I am phasing in Body Shop products for all my toiletries. Gradually I smell more and more like maca root.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Rolo the GeForce 560ti cards are decent and below $300. I'm gonna probably be getting the Core i5 2500K with a board and ram soon as well. Which board are you looking at?

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    faits wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I don't think there's ever been a Penny Arcade shirt that I didn't think was terrible

I own 2 but I didn't pay for them. I have a Twisp and Catsby shirt and a Mr. Period shirt.

I have the zelda hearts shirt and the twist and catsby cameo one

they're both pretty unobtrusive

I have the Zelda hearts shirt too but I didn't get it from PA.

did you get yours before gameskins folded into pa?

I feel like I've had mine for like five or six years that was a long time ago

faits.png
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    Mori and I would like to upgrade our computer (it is so old, guys) and buy a stereo system for the TV before higher rents and babies claim all our monies.

But in the past year we've bought pretty much most of what we'd like and most of it should last a good while! I have a really nice dining set.

At night babies sneak in and steal from Mori's wallet and Janson's purse.

Whose babies are they? No, the question is, who taught them to open doors?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    faits wrote:
    faits wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I don't think there's ever been a Penny Arcade shirt that I didn't think was terrible

I own 2 but I didn't pay for them. I have a Twisp and Catsby shirt and a Mr. Period shirt.

I have the zelda hearts shirt and the twist and catsby cameo one

they're both pretty unobtrusive

I have the Zelda hearts shirt too but I didn't get it from PA.

did you get yours before gameskins folded into pa?

I feel like I've had mine for like five or six years that was a long time ago

Yeah, I've had it since...2003 I think. Maybe 2004.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    $5000 for a Space Invaders couch?

space-invaders-couch.jpg

this is pretty swagged out

I would put this in my garage probably

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    it would get pretty dirty though

dilemmas

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    LTM wrote:
    I'd buy replica shoes for like $60, just for the fun value.

I'd buy actual self-tying McFly shoes for far more than that, probably. I can't see myself ever paying $1k for shoes, though.

edit: Sweet patent application. Not sure if I'd want a giant ass charging dock for my shoes...should just plug directly into the wall.

LTM, docking is the future.
    :winky:

I've been space docking for years, dawg.

• Options
    Yukira wrote:
    @Rolo the GeForce 560ti cards are decent and below $300. I'm gonna probably be getting the Core i5 2500K with a board and ram soon as well. Which board are you looking at?

Yeah I'm looking at a 560ti or maybe a 6950, but I'm waiting on the new fall refresh cards to see if there's price drops.

Board I'm not too sure about, I'm still waffling on getting something that supports Crossfire/SLI or if I should just save money on something with just a single x16 PCI Express 2.0 slot.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    i-bmq9hnj.jpg

I really don't know who would wear these.

meeee
    but the shipping is 60$ to canada.

• Options

Kochikens wrote:
    Rolo wrote:
    i-bmq9hnj.jpg

I really don't know who would wear these.

meeee
    but the shipping is 60$ to canada.

that is ridiculous

also didn't you go to pax? I thought they were selling them there

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    Yukira wrote:

Yeah I'm looking at a 560ti or maybe a 6950, but I'm waiting on the new fall refresh cards to see if there's price drops.

Board I'm not too sure about, I'm still waffling on getting something that supports Crossfire/SLI or if I should just save money on something with just a single x16 PCI Express 2.0 slot.

I'm thinking about this.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I have the hotdog fairy shirt from PAX that I wear

but only just recently and not like out-out

just on the weekend or whatever

And I got this one from Behemoth in the kelly green

because I love their style

aNERH.jpg

• Options
    Yukira wrote:
    Rolo wrote:
    Yukira wrote:

I'm thinking about this.

Yeah that looks solid - really all of the decent stuff seems to fall into the $120-$150 range, and then around $200+ you start getting the ones loaded with premium gamer nonsense. I figure I might overclock the 2500K a bit, but not so much to justify a super-high-end motherboard.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I just spent around $350 on a bike last week, a Marin kentfield. It is so awesome and has motivated me to explore the bike paths around me. Love going over the Woodrow Wilson bridge and biking to Maryland. Next big purchase is probably a cheapy bike rack for my car so I can start taking around the awesome bike paths in dc. Bikes!

Also I bought new jeans, I guess. Old ones getting raggedy, gotta get ready for fall weather. Sweaters and pea coats!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I would like to get a bike but any day now it's going to get too cold here and never warm up again.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    lostwords wrote:
    I just spent around $350 on a bike last week, a Marin kentfield. It is so awesome and has motivated me to explore the bike paths around me. Love going over the Woodrow Wilson bridge and biking to Maryland. Next big purchase is probably a cheapy bike rack for my car so I can start taking around the awesome bike paths in dc. Bikes!

Also I bought new jeans, I guess. Old ones getting raggedy, gotta get ready for fall weather. Sweaters and pea coats!

Sweaters and pea coats and crocs

• Options
    those shoes are p bad

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I was all about going to ride a bike when I moved up here and then it was basically 100° for a month and a half and now it's just been storming since

I rode it one day for I don't even know how long (it was on a track, and if I had to guess I'd say maybe 2 miles tops) and I almost died because it was 96° out and I didn't prepare for it or anything and I'm so out of shape

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Look, thanks to the crocs, my dogs were not barking from all the walking we did. So dang comfy.

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    lostwords wrote:

pfft you call that a bike

Noah_Fast_FB_800x600.jpg
    For price-is-no-object cyclists, Ridley has released a refined version of its Noah aero-road bike. The Ridley FB features front and rear brakes integrated into the fork and frame. The fork legs and seat stays (the tubes that extend from the rear wheel to the seat post) are much wider than you’re used to seeing and feature a split design. The front half of each looks normal, but the back half hinges at the top. These are the brake calipers, tucked completely out of the wind. The Belgian company claims the design—three years in the making—reduces weight, increases aerodynamics, and actually improves braking performance. We didn’t get a chance to test the bike. And given it’s $5,395 price for the frame and fork alone, we probably won’t be riding one anytime soon. But it’s fun to look at.

• Options
    I really need to buy a pea coat. I live in Minnesota now and I don't own a winter jacket.

• Options
    lostwords wrote:
    Look, thanks to the crocs, my dogs were not barking from all the walking we did. So dang comfy.

My feet were fine, too. Thanks to Dr. Scholl's

I was gellin'

• Options
    and the BAM throw some D's on it

bike_presscamp_20110621_0063.jpg
    The power-meter category is exploding this year. These devices measure a rider’s direct power output in real time, measured in watts. For training purposes and for gauging effort in races, power is vastly superior to heart rate as a measure of effort, as it’s not affected by temperature, diet, stress, and other factors that can tweak your pulse.

PowerTap, one of the dominant players in this category, has completely revamped its system for 2012. The heart of the setup is still the sensor integrated into the rear hub. But that new hub, called the G3, is about 20 percent lighter than the current top-end PowerTap hub and also much easier to service. All of the key electronics are housed in a cap that unscrews from the hub body.

The G3 hubs will start at $1,199 and will also be offered in complete high-end wheel sets starting at $2,999. Entry-level PowerTap hubs and wheel sets will be $799 and $999, respectively.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Power meters are so grossly overpriced.

Also, I refuse to buy anything disgusting expensive that isn't named "G6", so that I can constantly have Far East Movement stuck in my head while enjoying them.

• Options
    I don't think I ride a bike hard enough to warrant anything like that. I'd be good with a $100 bike from Wal~Mart.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Buying art from another artist

need like, another 15$ to pay for it

considering taking a quick commission to cover my frivolous expense

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    all my money is foolishly spent on medical care

I'll gladly whore myself out for auto-lacing shoes though

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    uh yes hello i'd like to commission a very detailed painting of an uncircumcised penis

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Buying art from another artist

need like, another 15$ to pay for it

considering taking a quick commission to cover my frivolous expense

I'll gladly do a quick commission.

I need a present for a lady

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote:

Yay bikes! I need a bike. I'd like a bike like Mori's, his is super awesome and one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden.

I miss the bike-rides I used to go on last year. There's a really lovely bike-trail near us.
    Rolo wrote:
    April sometime!

• Options
    Janson wrote:
    lostwords wrote:

Yay bikes! I need a bike. I'd like a bike like Mori's, his is super awesome and one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden.

I miss the bike-rides I used to go on last year. There's a really lovely bike-trail near us.
    Rolo wrote:
    April sometime!

AWESOME CONGRATS JANSON

NAME YOUR CHILD AFTER ME

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

I think the first party polo shirts look good, but thats about it.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I am not an audiophile or anything but I did just buy a new receiver and a gaggle o' speakers

that was pretty conspicuous

also...a car...

I am just intent on making myself poor it seems

• Options
    edited September 2011
    janson name your child rolo

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011