As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is there a website like this?

Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so imagine this... a website based around political issues. It'd be kinda like a mixture between facebook and OKCupid. Users would start out with a blank profile, and the website would ask questions which would go from broad issues to zeroing in on very exact and precise issues. As the questions are asked, each issue would also be ranked on a more important/less important basis (like flickchart). On the user's homepage, news on their top 20 issues (based on the rankings) would be presented to them from all over the internet, as well as any user submitted videos that are pertinent.

The website would also allow users to friend people and organize groups (based around issues). Users would be able to submit to each issue any legislation in any state that is pertinent to an issue, and if a user is in a state where legislation involving the issue is being brought to a vote, the site would suggest to the user to contact their representatives about the issue, supplying e-mail addresses, snail mail addresses, and phone numbers.

The site itself would remain completely unbiased. Editorials from both sides of issues would be presented to users. Users would be allowed to submit opinion pieces, videos (hosted offsite on youtube or something), and also published pieces and assign them to issues.

Urg, I'm thinking about this wanting to make this website, but I'm not sure if it's even an interesting or usable idea. Or if something like this exists already. Does anyone know of a site like this, or have any opinions on how to go about something like this, or if it's even viable?

No I don't.
Death of Rats on

• oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    There's http://www.americanselect.org/ which gives you a quiz to determine how you feel about issues and which are most important to you. When it's fully functional it's supposed to link people to candidates or some such.