As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Knights of the Dinner [Chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    so this "riven" individual is Cloud from FF7 right

With tits.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Inquisitor wrote:
    so this "riven" individual is Cloud from FF7 right

With tits.

I was kind of wondering how her clothing works.

"Shit, this leather corset leaves my tits hanging out! Better wrap them in toilet paper!"

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:
    all the good forums shame those pony people off the forum so they end up having to go to like falloutwiki
    I'm a pony fan and I'm here now.
    Only because you have no shame.
    But you were calling me out! You were asking where all the pony fans were! I'm here and I'm proud to say I'm a pony fan!
    I was not calling anybody out. The only better place for MLP fans than in the closet is in the camps.

Oh you weren't referencing this with me:
    Annoyed Sports Radio Host: I'm looking for one brave Gators fan to call, just one. Oh so Gators fans talk trash all the time but when they play a game and lose nobody has the guts to call in?
    Leonard: What are Gators?
    Henry Desalvo: Football. College.
    Confused Sports Radio Call In: I'm a Gators fan.
    Annoyed Sports Radio Host: And what do you have to say?
    Confused Sports Radio Call In: You said that Gators fans don't have the guts to call in.
    Annoyed Sports Radio Host: Your point?
    Confused Sports Radio Call In: My point is that I'm calling you now.

I AM A SAD THANATOS : (

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    That sword looks ludicrously impractical, with awful balance. Also, her forearms look too small to wield it properly.

• Options
    That sword looks ludicrously impractical, with awful balance. Also, her forearms look too small to wield it properly.

hence cloud with tits

also that sword used to be way bigger before it got broken

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    But you were calling me out! You were asking where all the pony fans were! I'm here and I'm proud to say I'm a pony fan!
    I was not calling anybody out. The only better place for MLP fans than in the closet is in the camps.
    Annoyed Sports Radio Host: I'm looking for one brave Gators fan to call, just one. Oh so Gators fans talk trash all the time but when they play a game and lose nobody has the guts to call in?
    Confused Sports Radio Call In: You said that Gators fans don't have the guts to call in.

Talking to you is always confusing.

I'm never sure whether you're just trolling, or genuinely retarded.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Talking to you is always confusing.

I'm never sure whether you're just trolling, or genuinely retarded.

Your avatar was even in the movie! http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0018437/

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    @ronya

Regarding your map you posted here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/148525/when-youre-a-chat/p63

None on the map you showed me has any conceivable proof that any Iranian migration occurred in the 19th century, enough so that people might be identifying themselves as "Iranian". From your own map, the regions of present day Pakistan and Afghanistan are clearly not under Persian control and were not so if your history was stable. Afghanistan Dari speakers which identify their language as Dari which is a derivative of Farsi do not think of themselves as Iranians just because the speak a language. I do not identify myself as an English person just because I happen to speak english.

And in Balouchistan which is the closest region to Iran in Pakistan, they speak Balouchi not Farsi. The only two regions have in common is a shared language and shared tribal independence wishes. Otherwise they have no relation, linguistically close or otherwise to Iranians.

I'd say make your argument stronger if you want to present a better case for yourself. Considering my background and academic background, I'd say tread lightly.
    Yes, Ronya, beware of TNC's academic background.

He double-majored in Racism and Dehumanization at Tehran University, moved on to get his Ph.D. in Complete Disassociation with Reality. You're a comparative lightweight.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Considering my background and academic background, I'd say tread lightly.

hahahahaha

• Options
    Arivia wrote:

hence cloud with tits

that explains the shape, at least

two-pronged swords never really caught on

• Options

Carrot, it's a vidja game.

• Options
    Arivia wrote:

hence cloud with tits

that explains the shape, at least

two-pronged swords never really caught on

Were they ever actually a thing that existed to catch on?

• Options
    I don't understand why people would give a shit about a promo shot of a character that's in a game with overhead RTS graphics.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    In league of legends wondering how she manages to swing a sword is right up there with wondering how space ships made noise in starwars.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    I don't understand why people would give a shit about a promo shot of a character that's in a game with overhead RTS graphics.

The splash art is what you see on loading, character select, purchase etc etc.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arivia wrote:
    Shivahn wrote:
    The reason I don't have an avatar is because I tried to change it to a pony one and the forum ate it.

ooo oo who were you going to be?

Rainbow Dash. But it wasn't going to be a straight up picture, it was going to be something very similar to the face of this.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:

Because they play LoL.

And as we proved in the last [chat] thread, girls play LoL.

And girls are dumb.

This is like Evo Psych 101, bro. I mean, we sufficiently proved the above things already. Don't make me get out the whiteboard again. Sorry, that's racist. Don't make me get out the color-neutral board again.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    In league of legends wondering how she manages to swing a sword is right up there with wondering how space ships made noise in starwars.

It should also be mentioned that she's only carrying one quarter of the actual sword.

The rest is a ghost sword.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote:

I reiterate:

I don't understand why anyone would give a shit about a shot that you're going to see for roughly .05% of the time you play the game, assuming you play her a lot.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    uggghghh why is all of the music terrible

this new iron and wine is not sounding promising at all

• Options
    Shivahn wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    Shivahn wrote:
    The reason I don't have an avatar is because I tried to change it to a pony one and the forum ate it.

ooo oo who were you going to be?

Rainbow Dash. But it wasn't going to be a straight up picture, it was going to be something very similar to the face of this.

I have that as a wallpaper. Definitely 20% cooler.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Than: You of all people should understand poking fun at bad things for being bad. As if another reason is needed.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    man, @mikeman will be sad when i tell him that I found Illinoise to be so bad that I laughed at it, out loud, on the bus

there is some really terrible writing on this album so far

We talking that goofball Sufjan? But he's so earnest!
    I had pretty much the same reaction when I heard it.

• Options
    Than have you ever played lol?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Hehehe, looks like enough people slammed Riot for the Riven art so they changed it.

Like. I respect that they will change things based on fan feedback 100% but, the frequency with which they need to do so is somewhat comical.

Their artist...

He is not the best.

• Options
    As an aside, these are really good: http://mlpfriendshipismagic.deviantart.com/#/d36ezd2

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    She looks decent enough in-game. Shot 1, shot 2

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Hehehe, looks like enough people slammed Riot for the Riven art so they changed it.

Like. I respect that they will change things based on fan feedback 100% but, the frequency with which they need to do so is somewhat comical.

Their artist...

He is not the best.

They have several artists actually. Sometimes they're great. Other times? no.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Someone made a steampunk version of Breakout for iPhone.

there are no words for my contempt.

• Options

The sword like transforms into a bigger sword I'm pretty sure.

• Options
    desc wrote:
    Someone made a steampunk version of Breakout for iPhone.

there are no words for my contempt.
    oo I need to get a breakout clone on my iPhone

also you should respond to all the stuff we atted you on during the weekend

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    She looks decent enough in-game. Shot 1, shot 2

I don't see the motorcycle. She needs the motorcycle.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Their artist...

He is not the best.

They have several artists actually. Sometimes they're great. Other times? no.

Well you can tell there's this way better artist who is doing the remakes of old champion cards, like for Katarina, etc.

But I'm imagining there was some original dedicated champion portrait artist before they starting hiring new people, as there is a consistency in a lot of the earlier art.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arivia wrote:
    I have that as a wallpaper. Definitely 20% cooler.

Me too!

On my laptop anyway.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Considering my background and academic background, I'd say tread lightly.

hahahahaha
    oh my goodness

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    man, @mikeman will be sad when i tell him that I found Illinoise to be so bad that I laughed at it, out loud, on the bus

there is some really terrible writing on this album so far

We talking that goofball Sufjan? But he's so earnest!
    I had pretty much the same reaction when I heard it.

the song about John Wayne Gacy had me in stitches

• Options
    Winky wrote:

The sword like transforms into a bigger sword I'm pretty sure.
    The bigger sword isn't really any better in either regard. I don't understand why people have to make up these terrible bladed weapons. It's not as if history doesn't have plenty of awesome examples.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

I reiterate:

I don't understand why anyone would give a shit about a shot that you're going to see for roughly .05% of the time you play the game, assuming you play her a lot.

Riot is kind of known for terribad splash art on some champs. It's a thing because of how unsteady their art team's output is, and the fact the chinese art is so much better. For a professional company that can hire real artists, their splash art should not be looking like it was pulled from some random deviant art page.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    God damn.

Jed Smith.

Mauled by a bear. Has his scalp and ear stitched back on, out in the middle of nowhere.

Just keeps going.

Frontiering like a baws.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.