As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of the Dinner [Chat]

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    More accurately: The Fist of a Champion... honoring Joe Louis.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    So xmen first class was, I thought, pretty good. i'm kind of a sucker for the swinging sixties i guess.

No it was a lot of fun. Also Magneto:Nazi Hunter made it a great movie on its own.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    So xmen first class was, I thought, pretty good. i'm kind of a sucker for the swinging sixties i guess.

Hey Will! I haven't seen a post from you in a while. How's life? How are thing? How's Frankie?

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    man, new vegas is so much better than deus ex

this game rules

Maybe if you have a problem with being a good person.

deus ex was the first game where I felt like the experience was severely cheapened by the ending

borderlands's original ending annoyed me less than this game's did

i'm trying a second run-through of deus ex where i do the sneaky stuff and never kill anyone. it's a lot more work and takes hells of time. i'm not really sure i can last through the whole game doing this.

on the up-side it's kind of fun to try to knock the entire city unconscious.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    man, @mikeman will be sad when i tell him that I found Illinoise to be so bad that I laughed at it, out loud, on the bus

there is some really terrible writing on this album so far

We talking that goofball Sufjan? But he's so earnest!
    I had pretty much the same reaction when I heard it.

the song about John Wayne Gacy had me in stitches
    i don't feel sad, i feel pity :-P

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

No it was a lot of fun. Also Magneto:Nazi Hunter made it a great movie on its own.

This.

On the strength of that scene alone I now want to watch everything Michael Fassbender is in ever.

huntresssig.jpg
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    MikeMan wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    man, @mikeman will be sad when i tell him that I found Illinoise to be so bad that I laughed at it, out loud, on the bus

there is some really terrible writing on this album so far

We talking that goofball Sufjan? But he's so earnest!
    I had pretty much the same reaction when I heard it.

the song about John Wayne Gacy had me in stitches
    i don't feel sad, i feel pity :-P
    I know right?

Sufjan Stevens has good songs on occasion but overall is meh.

THIS I DECREE FROM MY THRONE OF IMPECCABLE TASTE

huntresssig.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Hey Will! I haven't seen a post from you in a while. How's life? How are thing? How's Frankie?

Things are good! I've been refusing to maek poast from work and Frankie and I have been going out a whole lot - probably too much - this summer, so I've been pretty sparse around here. Generally i just log in to check the infractions/ report logs and jake and jeff and elks have been covering well enough that i've not really had to do much.

i had an endoscopy the other day because i've had pretty bad acid reflux for a while and it looks like my esophagus is all kinds of fucked up though. they took some biopsies and hopefully it's nothing awful.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Anyone else find themselves scrolling up/down the page quickly and feeling the need to get their hands up in front of their face when they NJ fist suddenly leaps into view?

Detroit Fist, you silly Canuck.

Oh god, theres two giant fists?!

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sufjan is, overall, pretty bad.

But, like... a couple songs are really, really good.

Like, Stopped Clock Syndrome.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Things are good! I've been refusing to maek poast from work and Frankie and I have been going out a whole lot - probably too much - this summer, so I've been pretty sparse around here. Generally i just log in to check the infractions/ report logs and jake and jeff and elks have been covering well enough that i've not really had to do much.

i had an endoscopy the other day because i've had pretty bad acid reflux for a while and it looks like my esophagus is all kinds of fucked up though. they took some biopsies and hopefully it's nothing awful.

I hope everything is okay Will. Need you to be around whenever I get around to the East. For fancy martinis and such.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Chanus wrote:
    Anyone else find themselves scrolling up/down the page quickly and feeling the need to get their hands up in front of their face when they NJ fist suddenly leaps into view?

The fist on the previous page is in Detroit.

I'm not aware of a NJ fist.

I mean... there could be one... but I've not seen it.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Will you need to just yell at your guts until they sort themselves into line.

• Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    There was a movement to create a statue of Robocop in Detroit.

Since I don't live there and am too drunk to do real research, I'll link old articles about it.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/17/6073913-detroit-robocop-statue-is-go-thanks-internet

I think that's pretty awesome in itself.

Irond Will wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Glad to hear that things are going well, I can fully appreciate not wanting to post from work. And being too busy doing fun things is the best reason to not be making posts.

Any idea what's causing the acid reflux? Lifestyle or just biology?

There was a movement to create a statue of Robocop in Detroit.

Since I don't live there and am too drunk to do real research, I'll link old articles about it.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/17/6073913-detroit-robocop-statue-is-go-thanks-internet

I think that's pretty awesome in itself.

It's going to happen. Last I heard they just have to determine a site.

Arivia wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

This.

On the strength of that scene alone I now want to watch everything Michael Fassbender is in ever.

he and mcavoy both did a fantastic job. it was pretty much everything i hoped it would be.

i guess i felt like the tone of the final scene made me wince a little, especially since they had mostly avoided the cackling-villain comic book tropes up to that point.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Chanus wrote:

I was being silly. I made a mistake, and instead of correcting myself

I doubled down!

I am having no luck in getting a pandora electronic music station to not play a bunch of down tempo crap.

Maybe I should just find a handful of some really kick your teeth in songs to start the station. But what songs...hmmmm....

This will determine everything!

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    So the disability thread has reminded me of something at work.

We’ve had a couple close calls with

(spoilered for Chu)
    a couple especially heavy American tourists

Using the ticket gates just outside the trains, the things are hardly roomy. Always leaves you with that slightly awkward moment of deciding whether you want to advise them to use the ‘wide isle’ gates set outside for pushchairs and such (I don’t because I’d literally die from the mutual embarrassment).

But it’s interesting that even recently built public use facilities just aren’t taking into account how quickly peoples average (and outliers) size seems to be changing.

Inquisitor wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Glad to hear that things are going well, I can fully appreciate not wanting to post from work. And being too busy doing fun things is the best reason to not be making posts.

Any idea what's causing the acid reflux? Lifestyle or just biology?

It's probably biology mostly - my dad is on prilosec - but my taste for whiskey and spicy food probably hasn't been doing me any favors.

Wqdwp8l.png
    Chanus wrote:
    Chanus wrote:

I was being silly. I made a mistake, and instead of correcting myself

I doubled down!

You Canadians are a shifty lot.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    sup bros

you ar like yo

an di am like

sup

919UOwT.png
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Man, does anyone know how to fucking strengthen the signal on my internet? I have FIOS, I think but the signal is fucking weak in my room.

Strong everywhere else...

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Going to go see Contagion tommorow night!

Yay.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Jonathan Taylor Thomas is 30.

I'm getting old.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    So due to the requirements I've to take a Social Science class. People were telling me to take the 1000 level one since they've done it before but I decided that 1140 would be a better one since its titled "Self, Culture and Society" which I thought sounded pretty fun.

First day was today and it was going well I thought. A little hippy because he went on how "Opinions" should be taken very carefully because they are vicious and harmful, which I thought made some sort of sense. He also further stated that tutorials will fight this concept of opinions which judging from the Tutorial leader I had, will be interesting to listen to.

As he neared the end, he pulled out a map. The title of the map was how it looked normally, but the countries were all upside down. He then stated that he wanted us to realize that he's breaking norms, to come to the conclusion that norms are not make equal and then wanted us to learn something from it.

I'm stuck in a hippy class that went south the first day. Of course when I'll do the readings I'll see how south it goes down even further.
    maybe you'll learn something

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    This is a good thing. Proof that Chicken McNuggets are made from real chicken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9VYKRHCqTo&feature=related

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I popped an Ativan tonight for the first time in forever, and I don't really regret it but I feel pretty justified in only keeping a very small amount on me at a time. I am pretty sure I have an addiction to this stuff. But it's the only thing that stops me from having panic attacks! It's frustrating.

So due to the requirements I've to take a Social Science class. People were telling me to take the 1000 level one since they've done it before but I decided that 1140 would be a better one since its titled "Self, Culture and Society" which I thought sounded pretty fun.

First day was today and it was going well I thought. A little hippy because he went on how "Opinions" should be taken very carefully because they are vicious and harmful, which I thought made some sort of sense. He also further stated that tutorials will fight this concept of opinions which judging from the Tutorial leader I had, will be interesting to listen to.

As he neared the end, he pulled out a map. The title of the map was how it looked normally, but the countries were all upside down. He then stated that he wanted us to realize that he's breaking norms, to come to the conclusion that norms are not make equal and then wanted us to learn something from it.

I'm stuck in a hippy class that went south the first day. Of course when I'll do the readings I'll see how south it goes down even further.

Why wouldn't he want to displace and unnerve norms in a class devoted to the study of them?

huntresssig.jpg
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Yay.
    every time i see your handle i sing it to the tune of "be my lover" by la bouche

be narwhal wanna be narwhal

la da da dee da da da

Women's Studies and courses on Ageism are much more interesting than that weak-ass anthropology nonsense.

Mim wrote:
    Man, does anyone know how to fucking strengthen the signal on my internet? I have FIOS, I think but the signal is fucking weak in my room.

Strong everywhere else...

spinach_popeye.jpg

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    MikeMan wrote:
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Yay.
    every time i see your handle i sing it to the tune of "be my lover" by la bouche

be narwhal wanna be narwhal

la da da dee da da da

That's refreshingly unique.

This discussion has been closed.