As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rugby World Cup 2011

1234568»

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    THAC0 wrote:
    That's great! Mealamu cracked me up.

Speaking (vaguely) of up and coming teams I can't wait to see Argentina after a few years playing in the expanded tri-nations. They can play this well now just think what they will be able to do with a few years of regular hard tests under their belts.

Argentina are going to have the "Italy join the Six Nations problem". that uis, the team that got them the respect to get into the competition is aging and about to break apart, Contepomi is going, Ledemsma, Roncero, Scelzo are all gone or going. Italy took 6 years of heavy beatings before they became a respectable team.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    THAC0 wrote:
    That's great! Mealamu cracked me up.

Speaking (vaguely) of up and coming teams I can't wait to see Argentina after a few years playing in the expanded tri-nations. They can play this well now just think what they will be able to do with a few years of regular hard tests under their belts.

Argentina are going to have the "Italy join the Six Nations problem". that uis, the team that got them the respect to get into the competition is aging and about to break apart, Contepomi is going, Ledemsma, Roncero, Scelzo are all gone or going. Italy took 6 years of heavy beatings before they became a respectable team.

Similar things were said the last time this happened to the Argentines and they came right, so we'll see. Biggest problem I think is that they really don't have a legit domestic competition. A lot of the clubs there are apparently run by traditionalists, so they've essentially stayed in the amateur era while the rest of the world moved on. The IRB even proposed a South American professional comp that they'd help pay for but it was rejected. And that's why all their quality players essentially live in France, because they can't make a living at home.

Aside from the issues with players retiring though, I imagine they'll have problems adapting to the schedule. Flying between South Africa, Aus/NZ and Argentina every week or two is going to be pretty tough, so they'll have to be pretty fit.

I'm pretty hopeful everything will work out though. I'd love it if the Argentines managed to consistently compete on the same level as the ABs, Wallabies and Springboks.

Anyway, here's the footage I mentioned earlier:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FQkwYfqDnU

The same show went over other incidents as well, including the Parra kneeing. Again, it was accidental. Parra lifted and turned his head right into the way of McCaw's knee. If McCaw were really aiming for his head, he would've aimed his knee lower, as that's where Parra's head was when he was running up.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    lumberghlumbergh Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if there is enough love for rugby round these parts, but would anyone be interested in a domestic (Super15/RaboDirect Pro12/Premiership/Top14) thread?

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Not sure how many people would post in it but I'd be interested. I suspect most of my contributions will be abusing the Chiefs though...

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    I too would be interested. Rugby is pretty much the only sport that interests me. All others bore me to death, apart from the really obscure ones like calcio storico.....which is a lot like rugby anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2hgqa-2ws