As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Max Payne] Anyone can buy me a drink - Out now!

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    New York Minute is unplayable in this fuckin' game with all the unskippable cutscenes. Stadium level drives me insane.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Can I have an invite please - USAgentX

• Options
    it keeps telling me request failed on the pax-payne page

yeah me too

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    New York Minute is unplayable in this fuckin' game with all the unskippable cutscenes. Stadium level drives me insane.

As someone who is doing a 2nd playthrough on hard, I cannot agree more. It is beyond irritating.

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »

The Stadium level is the most annoying level in NYM because there are so many parts where the action stops, and it's one of a couple levels that feel too long (the police station being the other).

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    ok now it says pending. not sure why it was telling me request failed all last night

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Double XP is this weekend.

Get your whiskey out, pop some pills, and let me hear your guns!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I still haven't joined a crew in this game.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Anyone down for PS3?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Also, first batch of DLC. 1 big map, 2 smaller maps (TDM, DM, PK) and new faction (regular police), new weapon (M4) and new perk (faster looting).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i hope they do some weapon balancing, i'd be more into this if rifles didn't completely dominate larger maps

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Also, first batch of DLC. 1 big map, 2 smaller maps (TDM, DM, PK) and new faction (regular police), new weapon (M4) and new perk (faster looting).

You also get the LAW Rocket launcher

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    what does it mean when people tell me "luck more" as i mercilessly kill them over and over?

• Options
    what does it mean when people tell me "luck more" as i mercilessly kill them over and over?

they are implying you are very lucky

which is a silly thing to imply

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Just finished this on my PS3.

I enjoyed the game, though I'm not quite sold on it feeling like a Payne story. I enjoyed the plot, don't get me wrong. But, it didn't quite feel right if that makes sense. However, there were some good moments.

I may keep it or sell it back now while it's "worth more" and buy it later on Steam where my first two games reside. Satisfied gamer here.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Marikir wrote: »

I enjoyed the game, though I'm not quite sold on it feeling like a Payne story. I enjoyed the plot, don't get me wrong. But, it didn't quite feel right if that makes sense. However, there were some good moments.

I may keep it or sell it back now while it's "worth more" and buy it later on Steam where my first two games reside. Satisfied gamer here.

Also just finished, enjoyed the game and the soundtrack towards the end was amazing. Not sure how much more ill dive into the MP but i really liked playing this game, Rockstar does not disappoint.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm still watching the prices on Amazon.com (I've got a lot on my plate as it is), but I'm wondering--has the mod community gone anywhere with this? I know it's still early, and moddb has nothing on it last I checked, but is there any indication there modding is in the works? That would impact my decision of what platform to get it on (since most of my friends would be on XBLA).

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »

Also just finished, enjoyed the game and the soundtrack towards the end was amazing. Not sure how much more ill dive into the MP but i really liked playing this game, Rockstar does not disappoint.

Agreed on the music. That was the perfect place for the song that we all heard in the ads for the game to pop in. I felt like an absolute badass noir hero at that point in the game. I had a grim smirk on my face as I guided Max down that wide open shooting gallery.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    JebralJebral The guy nobody pays attention to Down South in the land of free thinkingRegistered User regular
    Grrrr I can't get MP2 to work on my PC, and now I have a $30 MP3 staring me in the face from the Steam summer sale.

I don't want to spend the money, but I think I have to :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Jesus this is a classy game, it just oozes style I dunno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VHRjzq-X94

And the animations are the best I've ever seen

override367 on
  • Options
    JebralJebral The guy nobody pays attention to Down South in the land of free thinkingRegistered User regular
    Wow. Took the plunge and let it download while I was out tonight. I can't believe it runs as well as it does on my old PC e8400, HD 5770 1gb and 4 gigs of ram. And I can max the game without anything more than a very occasional dip into the sub 30fps, but I can deal with it perfectly well, because this game is fucking gorgeous and it generally stays in the 40fps range :)

Oh, and to think I was going to get the PS3 version because my PC might not be able to handle it.

Though I am seriously debating playing with my Xbox 360 controller. Then I can use the snap to aiming, because I suck at this extremely awesome (so far) game.

Hrm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    shit this game is merciless

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    It still shows as pending for the group, is this active?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Sorry about that, been awhile since I logged onto the Social Club. All requests have been met with invites.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    shit this game is merciless

If you haven't already, turn off mouse smoothing. I can't remember the specific command line instruction, but it's around somewhere (I'm not sure they've patched it into the menu yet).

Turning off mouse smoothing made my game a LOT better.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I saw some mouse smoothing option in the menu and it was off.
    It's just the amount of enemies and how/when/where they spawn.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah mouse smoothin' got patched into the menu.

Which is awesome, it was like they released it, checked some forums and were like "Oh fuck, we left mouse smoothing on by default" and patched in the command line thing real quick, and then a menu option later.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    Damn it, Override. You convinced me to buy this game.

Hopefully it won't be in SR3, which I haven't played it weeks. I enjoy both MP games enormously, but largely because mods added to longevity (never a fan of the challenge mods).

• Options
    Anyone else playing on PC find you can't bind all the buttons on your mouse? Particularly middle-click? Tried configuring it in MS Mouse, no dice.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I had a pretty awesome bug in this game earlier, singleplayer. I shootdodged, ended up out of sight of the camera somehow and never got up. After a while a pair of legs walked past.
    BF6218693FF5CF7141FD5CC8AD4949286F1DE54E

LaCabra on
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    I was gifted the original Max Payne by a very classy gentleman during the Summer Sale, and it's the first time I've been able to play it with PC mods - other than the Kung-fu mod, any other suggestions (and directions on where to get them?)

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    This game (MP3) can definitely get brutal. In particular, enemies being able to headshot from the other end of the airport hall through amounts of foliage the fucking Predator wouldn't be able to see through.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    I was gifted the original Max Payne by a very classy gentleman during the Summer Sale, and it's the first time I've been able to play it with PC mods - other than the Kung-fu mod, any other suggestions (and directions on where to get them?)

Kung Fu 3 is definitely the best one, and it came along too late to be integrated into many other mods so most of them will have you using 2.0 kung fu. I'd just play with KF3 if you're playing with mods, tbh.

Also, by default the music and a lot of the ambient sound is broken in post-XP operating systems. Google "max payne windows 7 audio fix" or something along those lines to fix it.

• Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Is there any way to play this without joining the Social Club?

For all the convenience Steam has brought, GFWL and this other shit has completely undone it.

EDIT: I make the account but it won't activate my game. Lovely.

Jibba on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I just finished this. Diving around all the time was so fun. I would have thought that a quite a few of the cutscenes could have just been integrated into the game, but apart from that it was pretty perfect. By the time the airport came around, I was diving around, shooting mans and lying down on walkways to shoot more mans.

Funnily enough, I found that I used the normal bullet time a lot less in this than I did in 2. Diving just felt a lot more fun. Also, god damn was this game pretty in places.

• Options
    Is anyone down for MP this weekend on MP3? I feel like ive neglected this game since i finished it.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Started this last night. I'm at the start of the stadium.

I took a break after the first level and noticed that my eyes were really dry and fatigued, which only happens if I stay up really late. It was only 11pm. I realized that the constant overexposed film effects and flashes were the culprit. This game is hell on my eyes.

• Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    New DLC is out for PC, downloading now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    I actually really like the content in the DLC but theres one big problem:

The game has no way of seperating those that have DLC maps and those that dont. If a DLC map comes up in the voting list, then one of two things happen: Either you play the new map and all the playes who dont have it get kicked and you have a tiny-ass match. Or, more likely, all the people that dont have the maps outvote those that do and you never get to actually play the maps you paid for.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Basticle wrote: »
    I actually really like the content in the DLC but theres one big problem:

The game has no way of seperating those that have DLC maps and those that dont. If a DLC map comes up in the voting list, then one of two things happen: Either you play the new map and all the playes who dont have it get kicked and you have a tiny-ass match. Or, more likely, all the people that dont have the maps outvote those that do and you never get to actually play the maps you paid for.

on 360 there's a DLC playlist. did y'all get one?

Local H Jay on