As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Max Payne] Anyone can buy me a drink - Out now!

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    So who's making it?

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Just to clarify, we're all getting this on PC, right?

• BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    I'm 360, I'll set up a PA Max Payne meta tag, brb!

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    I'm 360, I'll set up a PA Max Payne meta tag, brb!

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • hunterspeacockhunterspeacock Registered User regular
    PS3 4 life.

After seeing the GTA4 PC port, I'm not chancing it.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Possible crew name. The Metaphorical Arcadians
    Or...Poets of the Wang.

We have to make the crew before a certain date to get founders status.

It doest matter what platform you make, the crews can be joined by anyone.

Im getting this on PS3.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So...should I preorder from Gamestop or Steam? Meh.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    PC here, the GTA4 port was iffy at first, but Rockstar have actively kept it up to date and it runs so much better now. Pretty much if your videocard has GDDR5 memory, GTA4 runs flawless. Modable, full pc-settings, I consider it a proper port.

edited May 2012
    Ok I've created aPAmaxpayne gamer tag for Xbox 360 peeps to get together send those friend requests

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Sent.

Anyone want to put a Crew together? If not, I'll get one going tomorrow or Monday.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    So...should I preorder from Gamestop or Steam? Meh.

I got it on Steam just to have MP1 & 2 available to download if I ever want to play them again.

• NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    I added the 360 metatag- thanks David.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    My local Gamestop (a very small one) is doing a midnight launch. Any other console buyers check at your stores. Since I'm always up at that time I'll probably go pick it up.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    My local Gamestop (a very small one) is doing a midnight launch. Any other console buyers check at your stores. Since I'm always up at that time I'll probably go pick it up.

Since Diablo 3 is releasing on the same day, basically every store will be doing a midnight launch.

Are you the magic man?
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I keep forgetting Diablo 3 is coming out this week! Hopefully that doesn't bite too hard into MP3 sales, and there's people playing it online over the next weekend.

Turkey on
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I think it'll be fine, since it's the console launch and consoles have a fairly big audience that basically just plays console games. I imagine it will be a little less populated than it normally would be, though.

Are you the magic man?
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Turkey wrote: »
    I keep forgetting Diablo 3 is coming out this week! Hopefully that doesn't bite too hard into MP3 sales, and there's people playing it online over the next weekend.

Well, since the PC version for MP3 isn't out until the end of the month, and since they are two completely different genres, I don't think Diablo 3 is going to hurt Max Payne 3 sales TOO much.

Edit: Putting together a Crew and need name suggestions. Thinking about '82nd St Baseball Bat Boys', but I'm open to suggestions.

Also maybe 'PAX Payne'

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    I love the simplicity of PAX Payne

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    Make it quick! Founders Status.

edited May 2012
    PAX Payne crew created, along with a slapdash emblem.

Crew up, gentlemen. All comers and platforms accepted. PC, 360, PS3; if you are a classy mans-shooting gent, then your presence is welcome.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Invite request sent!

It was a pain in the ass to finally be able to request an invite, but I did it. Can't wait to get my Max Payne 3 on!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    It's also a pain in the ass to actually accept new recruits. C'mon, Rockstar, no 'Accept'/'Deny' button? I actually have to go to their profile and Recruit them when they've already made the request to join?

Hopefully my recruiting worked, Skull.

ygPIJ.gif
    It's also a pain in the ass to actually accept new recruits. C'mon, Rockstar, no 'Accept'/'Deny' button? I actually have to go to their profile and Recruit them when they've already made the request to join?

Hopefully my recruiting worked, Skull.

:^:

It worked, how exciting! Accepting the invite was pretty painless, at least :rotate:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    @BritishDavid I just put a recruitment thing in your Rockstar notifications

ygPIJ.gif
  • AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    If the name isn't neccessarily final I'd like to suggest 'Over Easy' [OVEZ]

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
    Alright I'm in the crew, you yanks get this tomorrow right? FRIDAY FOR THE UK.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I crew'd up.

Alright I'm in the crew, you yanks get this tomorrow right? FRIDAY FOR THE UK.

We shall hold the front lines until we get our British reinforcements!

AngryPuppy wrote: »
    If the name isn't neccessarily final I'd like to suggest 'Over Easy' [OVEZ]

Looks like the Crew name and tag are the things you can't edit later.

ygPIJ.gif
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ASsdjfasdlkfjasdklfjsdf, a week and a half until I get to play this. God damniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

EDIT: Oh wait, duh, I can just leave my laptop at my gf's house and have it download everything on Tuesday and pick it back up Wednesday. BRILLIANT! At least I can play the SP then.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    I thought the PC version wasn't releasing until the 29th...

ygPIJ.gif
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Which is a Tuesday. When my hype train gets going sometimes my posting gets a little incoherent.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited May 2012
    Can we get a link to the Crew page? I had made one for some friends and found making an Emblem was a little crazy. You have to go through all these options to create then use that emblem.

Edit: Here is link to Pax Payne Crew for Max Payne 3.
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pax_payne

Just joined as Triiipledot, will be on PS3 (PSN = Spicosaurus). Who all is getting it on PS3 and what is your PSN name so i can add you.

Triiipledot on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Picked up MP3 on Steam over the weekend, and went back and played Max Payne 2 (for some reason I couldn't quite recall the plot of it).

I don't remember it being this hard, even on the "easy" mode.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/33981/enlistment-roundup-the-first-days-of-crews-at-the-new-rockstar-s.html
    Social Club Crew registration has only been open for a few short days and already we’re seeing rivalries fostering between storied internet communities, very ill original Emblem Editor creations, and allegiances being forged amongst our longtime Social Club members, #MaxPayne3 Twitter cast members and more. We promise to keep you updated on a regular basis at the Newswire in the weeks and months ahead on the latest news from the Crew frontlines – highlighting those that are dominating the Max Payne 3 Leaderboards and unlocking accomplishments, and those that have managed to catch our eye out there in the community. For now, check out a first roundup of some noteworthy first Founder Crews.

911 NYC, PCC Crew, and Bring on the Payne – these guys have been actively recruiting at the Newswire and on Facebook since well before the New Social Club launched – and we know many of you in Comments have already pledged your allegiance to one (or a potentially treasonous multiple). We’re looking forward to an epic Feud between these warring factions online once Max Payne 3 drops next week.

Enlistment support drive – these guys may be short as yet on members, but big on fun names, emblems and mottos that have caught our attention – have a look: Raging Wookiees (“Don’t anger the Wookiees”), GameTimeAgainNinjas (“There’s only two ways this can end & in both of them, you die), War Kitties (“I am the devil, and I am here to do the devil’s work”), Jimmy Rustlers (“Your Jimmies just got rustled”), Cthulu Catz (“Crew for having a good time. Open to all!”), Los Santos Kings (“Oooosh bang tidy!!!”) and Pattern Baldness (“We’re not ready to let it go… Share your despair. Tear the hair from your enemies.”).

Reddit versus The Vidya (4Chan) – we are not taking sides in this one, but these two communities have planted their Founder Crew flags down and it looks like the beef is on. The Vidya has inadvertently broken the Crew cap of 250 members and soared to over 300 deep – the biggest Crew yet. With that, we've officially lifted the member cap for all private Crews to 300, and are working on lifting it even higher in the coming weeks – in the meantime, the gauntlet has been thrown in Reddit’s direction as Vidya Crew member ThuhPickle states on their Crew page, “Reddit doesn’t stand a chance”…

GTAForums and iGrandTheftAuto – two of the longest-running GTA fan communities Crewing up. Shout to Crew leaders Meta_Pathos and Psyware respectively. But will it be a GTA fan alliance between these two – or a Rampage?

Ready for action – these Crews are growing in numbers and appear to be pretty damn serious about making a mark in Multiplayer: Russian Bears Team (“Turn yourself into a best, get rid of the pain of being a man. Recruiting new members and NOT only Russians. Join and together we will build a mighty and powerful crew”), UK Crew (“Anarchy from the UK, is all about the GMT… We’ll be Bringing the Payne from all UK consoles to everyone else.”), NYC Bloodpack (“Fighting for Peace, Killing for Fun”), Riot Hounds (“Play Hard or Play Chill. Most of all – Play for Fun.”), SFO-Wolf (“Mortis Nostrum Hostilis… Welcome to the den! Home of the tier-one Special Force Operative WOLF!”) and Guerilla Gaming (“Looking for the Best of the Best of the Best to Dominate the Competition.”).

SODMG Gamers – we’ve seen these guys from the SODMG community on Twitter for weeks now getting amped for Payne, even making original songs like “Strapped Up Like Max Payne”. Ready to see all of SODMG flood in to that Crew.

Two gaming community Crews worth noting - WetheGamerz of WetheGamerz.com with an awesome emblem – and of course, NeoGANG – The Official NeoGAF Crew founded by DGSimo. Also everyone can check out the NeoGAF Max Payne 3 OT now up and rocking.

Broken Whiskey Bottles – Finally, a special shout to this Crew for its constituency of faithful Social Club members like ChicagoEnigma, FugetSudo_Jr, emmi18176860, German Scientist, Marney-1, IWIHooligan, and others – as well as for recruiting several of the #MaxPayne3 Twitter cast members like JaclynJimenez, silenthamish, Twisted_AZ, ElvisMarques and Louzer. We’re sure this squad will be a fixture in the daily play sessions with Rockstar and official Max Payne 3 live streaming Social Club events.

• TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I've requested an invite, I'll be on 360 but not until Friday as I suffer from the disability of being British. Fortunately it also leads to a 160% inherent classiness buff (as I'm not a football fan)

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Gametrailers gave it 7.6, which is in line with my impression of their becoming stingier with high scores.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Not saying this game deserves that score until I play it but I'd love it if people started to use the full number scale again.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.