JUST Black Panther Thread

123457

Posts

  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    robosagogo wrote: »
    Well, you know, Thanos could have accomplished as much with the Infinity Gems.

    If Proteus isn't a god because his ability to alter reality is restricted to too small a space compared to Thor, then how come Thor is a god even though his sphere of influence is limited to the Earth and there are others who are capable of rewriting the entire universe?

    Proteus isn't a god, because he's a human child, born to human parents. Thor is a god, because he's a god born to god parents.

    Humans are purely biological creatures in Marvel, despite their apparent dualistic possession of a soul. Gods are not similarly-structured. Magic is a clearly and empirically real thing in the Marvel universe.

    mattharvest on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited February 2007
    mattharvest: I don't see why you feel inclined to be a total asshole, since making me not want to talk to you goes against your apparent desire to have a conversation with me.

    I'll respond to what you actually said later.

    robosagogo on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh, god damn it.

    I'm away from the thread for a day and it gets completely derailed. Awesome.
    TALK ABOUT BLACK PANTHER, DAMN IT! :x

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Oh, god damn it.

    I'm away from the thread for a day and it gets completely derailed. Awesome.
    TALK ABOUT BLACK PANTHER, DAMN IT! :x

    Done.

    So...how does Black Panther feel about Thor?

    Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

    - General Ferdinand Foch
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Judas wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Oh, god damn it.

    I'm away from the thread for a day and it gets completely derailed. Awesome.
    TALK ABOUT BLACK PANTHER, DAMN IT! :x

    Done.

    So...how does Black Panther feel about Thor?

    God, I hate you so much right now.





    No I don't. :P

    I think BP likes and respects the real Thor. Clor, on the other hand, can go eat a cock.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't know how Black Panther feels about Thor, but Thor finds Black Panther to be a misogynistic dick...

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    I don't know how Black Panther feels about Thor, but I find Black Panther to be a misogynistic dick...

    Fixed that for the son of Odin. Thor doesn't like haters.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    I don't know how Black Panther feels about Thor, but Thor finds Black Panther to be a misogynistic dick...

    Well...at the very least, being a misogynistic dick is better than being a misogynistic cunt. Much less confusion and self loathing that way.

    Doronron on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited February 2007
    robosagogo wrote: »
    mattharvest: I don't see why you feel inclined to be a total asshole, since making me not want to talk to you goes against your apparent desire to have a conversation with me.

    I'll respond to what you actually said later.

    robo you need to lighten the fuck up, because if you thought anything matt said was in any way being an asshole, then you should really, seriously get off the internet

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited February 2007
    i mean, unless you're saying 'winning an argument' counts as 'being an asshole', in which case, matt you are a total asshole

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I guess it's true Masky... Black Panther won't be misogynistic until he slaps Storm, then shoves his dick in her pooper... all while making her wear a plastic Sue Storm mask.

    But of course, I'm sure there would be some rationalization for that too...

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    She forgot the saftey word?

    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sentry,August, you two came very close to causing me to spit hot soup all over myself/keyboard.

    Well done.

    Honestly Storm should be wearing the pants in that relationship. So what if BP has super strength and high tech stuff? Storm controls the frickin weather baby!

    Caveman Paws on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Of course, if I disagree with your argument, I must be rationalizing. Well then, since you don't want to address my points, I suppose two can play at this game.

    You're purposely twisting everything in BP related to Storm and the wedding because you'd rather see Storm running after her ex-men (olol) than being happy with T'Challa. You're also crying racism because the book isn't dealing with race the way you want it to and it makes you uncomfortable. And you seem to have a thing for straw men. I'm sure you feel very big and strong beating up on them.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    i mean, unless you're saying 'winning an argument' counts as 'being an asshole', in which case, matt you are a total asshole

    Well, thanks then.

    Either way, robo, if you really are having a hard time with this topic, start a new thread. We shouldn't continue thread-jacking this Black Panther thread. This is especially true given that this BP thread was started to end the thread-jacking we were doing on the CW thread.

    /Thread-jacking sounds innappropriate.

    mattharvest on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Of course, if I disagree with your argument, I must be rationalizing. Well then, since you don't want to address my points, I suppose two can play at this game.

    You're purposely twisting everything in BP related to Storm and the wedding because you'd rather see Storm running after her ex-men (olol) than being happy with T'Challa. You're also crying racism because the book isn't dealing with race the way you want it to and it makes you uncomfortable. And you seem to have a thing for straw men. I'm sure you feel very big and strong beating up on them.


    Wow, you really haven't even been paying attention to your own thread... first, I don't recall ever addressing the race issue... I simply don't have any interest in that side of the argument.

    Also, it's hard to argue with someone whose entire argument seems to consist of "nu-uh... your wrong."

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Of course, if I disagree with your argument, I must be rationalizing. Well then, since you don't want to address my points, I suppose two can play at this game.

    You're purposely twisting everything in BP related to Storm and the wedding because you'd rather see Storm running after her ex-men (olol) than being happy with T'Challa. You're also crying racism because the book isn't dealing with race the way you want it to and it makes you uncomfortable. And you seem to have a thing for straw men. I'm sure you feel very big and strong beating up on them.

    Mask, I think the problem here is a combination of a few things:

    1) You claim (and I'm not calling you a liar) that you can relate to Black Panther in some way because he's black and you're black. Is it really a racial thing? I mean, I don't identify with Thor because he's white and I'm white...hell, we're even of the same genetic stock in that nearly all my family was Norse-german. I don't identify with Thor because nothing about Thor's history (his character) has anything to do with me...he's never been an American male, growing up without superpowers in the 21st century and I've never been a thunder-god.

    His stories are still interesting, but that doesn't mean I identify with him. I just relate to him. I'd relate to him in exactly the same way if he were black, hispanic or any other group. I still wouldn't identify with him. In this way, I don't understand how you can identify at all with Black Panther: he's never suffered from racism in America, nor any of the other socio-economic aspects of the life blacks face in most countries on the planet. He's always been rich, hyper-privileged, and a royal prince/king. He's super-powered, and has a super-powered wife whom he seems to be in charge of in the relationship. What part of his character is it that you identify with so strongly? I'm honestly asking.

    2) T'Challa does seem to have behaved inappropriately to these characters (especially Monica and Storm), and I'm honestly unsure why you find yourself thinking of these scenes so differently than some of us here do. I'm not saying you must be wrong, but I just don't understand your point. He seems to openly be keeping Storm in check if just because she would never stand for not sharing the cure for AIDS, cancer, etc. given her history. Similarly, he seems to be very condescending towards people like Monica, given that her history belied such creative use of her powers.

    The former of these - his treatment of Storm - is an in-character flaw, in that it's Hudlin writing T'Challa as being dominating of his wife.

    The latter of these - the improper depiction of Monica in BP - is Hudlin being a poor writer (in that he didn't research his characters), possibly (if not probably) in the pursuit of Hudlin's explicit goal of making BP the best. Given that Hudlin has explicitly stated that any deficiencies readers see in the comic are in fact deficiences in the reader, I have no doubt Hudlin is an ass if not an idiot. I'm curious if you share this interpretation of his memo that declared as much. If you don't think he's being an ass, I'd be interested in an explanation why.

    mattharvest on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Of course, if I disagree with your argument, I must be rationalizing. Well then, since you don't want to address my points, I suppose two can play at this game.

    You're purposely twisting everything in BP related to Storm and the wedding because you'd rather see Storm running after her ex-men (olol) than being happy with T'Challa. You're also crying racism because the book isn't dealing with race the way you want it to and it makes you uncomfortable. And you seem to have a thing for straw men. I'm sure you feel very big and strong beating up on them.

    Mask, you just don't get it.

    Sentry was 100% spot on with that.

    Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    In a world where a 6 year old kid can create a pocket universe, Thor's godliness does seem dwindled.

    I mean, if I was in the Marvel U, I wouldn't think Thor a "God" or even "a god" before I would Galactus(granted, people did think that I first, I think)

    I'd just figure Thor as another of those insanely powerful beings that exist in my universe.

    Couldn't they just be aliens who convince themselves they are gods?


    P.S. Hudlin sucks.

    LRG on
  • O.C.O.C. Registered User
    edited February 2007
    I don't really buy, Storm being subservient to Panther, now that I have gone back and read the run. While I can point to times when she has taken a backseat, there is certainly a feel of her shaping policy of Wakanda. If he was as sexist as everyone claims, would he even want Storm helping him with any of this?

    Btw, at least to me Hudlin rules, at least he is writing the book he wants, it is easy to criticize , it is a damn sight harder to create or even modify.

    O.C. on
    who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Of course, if I disagree with your argument, I must be rationalizing. Well then, since you don't want to address my points, I suppose two can play at this game.

    You're purposely twisting everything in BP related to Storm and the wedding because you'd rather see Storm running after her ex-men (olol) than being happy with T'Challa. You're also crying racism because the book isn't dealing with race the way you want it to and it makes you uncomfortable. And you seem to have a thing for straw men. I'm sure you feel very big and strong beating up on them.

    Mask, I think the problem here is a combination of a few things:

    1) You claim (and I'm not calling you a liar) that you can relate to Black Panther in some way because he's black and you're black. Is it really a racial thing? I mean, I don't identify with Thor because he's white and I'm white...hell, we're even of the same genetic stock in that nearly all my family was Norse-german. I don't identify with Thor because nothing about Thor's history (his character) has anything to do with me...he's never been an American male, growing up without superpowers in the 21st century and I've never been a thunder-god.

    His stories are still interesting, but that doesn't mean I identify with him. I just relate to him. I'd relate to him in exactly the same way if he were black, hispanic or any other group. I still wouldn't identify with him. In this way, I don't understand how you can identify at all with Black Panther: he's never suffered from racism in America, nor any of the other socio-economic aspects of the life blacks face in most countries on the planet. He's always been rich, hyper-privileged, and a royal prince/king. He's super-powered, and has a super-powered wife whom he seems to be in charge of in the relationship. What part of his character is it that you identify with so strongly? I'm honestly asking.

    That's you, and your feelings on ethnicity and identifying with it does not apply to other people.

    Plus, if you don't identify as, well, norse then you aren't going to identify with the character. Being of the same "genetic stock", but not having a real solid connection to the culture, usually isn't enough to connect with the character.

    Lux on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    O.C. wrote: »
    I don't really buy, Storm being subservient to Panther, now that I have gone back and read the run. While I can point to times when she has taken a backseat, there is certainly a feel of her shaping policy of Wakanda. If he was as sexist as everyone claims, would he even want Storm helping him with any of this?

    Btw, at least to me Hudlin rules, at least he is writing the book he wants, it is easy to criticize , it is a damn sight harder to create or even modify.

    That's the biggest problem with this thread right here...

    "I don't see it, therefore it must not be there."

    Everyone has different ideas of what their relationship should look like, everyone has different ideas of what constitutes misogyny, but just because YOU don't think it's there doesn't mean that it is. Granted, just because I think it is there doesn't mean I'm right either... I could be very wrong.. but, the beauty of this whole thing is that I am able to not buy the books, and, if someone asks why, I can clearly say that I think Hudlin's run on Black Panther is sexist. You can disagree all you want, but it sure as hell isn't making me run out and drop money on this crap.

    Also, yes, it is easy to criticize... but tell me one thing that Hudlin has "created." It's a damn sight easier to take something someone else did and just write a bunch of crap that mischaracterizes everyone... on a related note, my new book "Harry Potter and That One Time He Fucked a Dolphin" should be hitting bookstores sometime in May.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Actually, it's easy to create your own or modify someone else's intellectual property -- the difficulty comes from doing it well, getting it right.

    Doronron on
  • O.C.O.C. Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Easy to create your own? Have you ever met a writer? ever?

    Also, this doesn't mean I am going to stop buying a book just because someone is reading entirely to much into aspects of fictional characters. Dude go ahead don't buy the book. That is not my point I am not trying to get you to buy the book. Just don't knock my buying the book, and if I am enjoying some of what a writer is doing, after a reasonable amount of discussion we just have to agree to disagree about it. You do your thing and I will do my thing. Thats it.

    O.C. on
    who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User
    edited February 2007
    O.C. wrote: »
    Easy to create your own? Have you ever met a writer? ever?

    I am a writer.

    And I believe you glossed over the second half of my post.

    Doronron on
  • O.C.O.C. Registered User
    edited February 2007
    OHHH i see what u did there. See by writing, I meant a writer who is trying for the best, so yeah I did gloss over that clever distinction. Just figured that all writers try for their personal best regardless of what critics will say later. Aren't writers there own worst critics most of the time?

    O.C. on
    who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User
    edited February 2007
    O.C. wrote: »
    OHHH i see what u did there. See by writing, I meant a writer who is trying for the best, so yeah I did gloss over that clever distinction. Just figured that all writers try for their personal best regardless of what critics will say later. Aren't writers there own worst critics most of the time?

    Yeah. Basically the only difference between an amatuer and a professional is the amount of time and effort spent on delivering the finished product. There really isn't a final draft as much as a cut off point where the material submitted is deemed to not suck.

    Ideas in and of themselves are a dime a dozen. It's just a matter of finding a question you want to answer or a delimma you want to explore -- that's the only way to maintain enough interest to churn out several hundred pages before getting some good one. My ideas tend to arrive in group of three. Usually when I'm on the crapper.

    Hmmm.

    I guess anything I add to the backlog today is going to be fueled with Cheerios...

    Doronron on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    O.C. wrote: »
    Easy to create your own? Have you ever met a writer? ever?

    Also, this doesn't mean I am going to stop buying a book just because someone is reading entirely to much into aspects of fictional characters. Dude go ahead don't buy the book. That is not my point I am not trying to get you to buy the book. Just don't knock my buying the book, and if I am enjoying some of what a writer is doing, after a reasonable amount of discussion we just have to agree to disagree about it. You do your thing and I will do my thing. Thats it.

    Maybe you shouldn't get so butt-hurt when someone disagrees with your assessment of a character or motivation. Oh, and if you aren't a fan of reading into fictional characters, your local elementary school should have a stellar collection of Dick and Jane books for you.

    In short, we can totally agree to disagree, but it's hypocritical to say you can have your opinion but I can't have mine.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • O.C.O.C. Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Lol dude "butt hurt" okay. Never heard that word. Just going to have to accept that this argument is a lot more personal for some than it is to me. Yeah and I never said I didnt like reading into characters, I said you are reading "entirely" to much into them. Notice that difference, it is a matter of degree.

    When did I say you couldn't have your opinion? I just don't consider an opinion to be when one person tells another that he or his mental acuity is somehow less because he buys a book. I look at it more as an insult. An opinion is saying I don't like a character and here is why, which is completely cool.

    Example : I hate venture brothers, I believe it tries far to hard, to be funny. That is an opinion, not a fact cause no tangible evidence to support it. But for me to say i think if you like it you are just ignorant (don't believe this, just trying to make a point) is more of an insult.

    O.C. on
    who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt
  • O.C.O.C. Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Again "butt hurt" wow, just wow. Did someone "butt hurt" you? Show me on the doll where they touched u? lol

    O.C. on
    who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh yeah, nothing personal there... :roll:

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2007
    robosagogo wrote: »
    You guys are confusing whether or not Thor is a god with whether or not people in a fictional universe believe him to be a god.

    Would a Christian accept that Thor is a god?

    Good News Of John Chapter 10 verses 34-36
    34Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'[e]? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36


    Since you asked.

    graizur on
    robosagogo wrote: »
    Finally, an Apocalyptian-American superhero. I've been waiting so long.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    When you start quoting the bible you know something has gone very, very wrong with the thread.


    *Turns from the BP/Thor thread and never looks back for fear of being turned into a pillar of salt*

    Caveman Paws on
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User
    edited February 2007
    How 'bout quoting John Ritter in a Satan suit?

    Doronron on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    When you start quoting the bible you know something has gone very, very wrong with the thread.


    *Turns from the BP/Thor thread and never looks back for fear of being turned into a pillar of salt*

    Hey, I tried to derail the Threadjacking.

    mattharvest on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously, if you want to argue about Thor, make a Thor thread and stop derailing this one. It pisses me off that the thread title changed because of this shit. This thread was supposed to be to discuss Black Panther and Black Panther alone. If that's too hard, I'll make a Thor thread for you and you guys can have at it.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I can't wait until BP and Storm have marital problems and the entire country of Wakanda goes into drought.

    But what I find interesting about this whole debate of "BP is an ass, he has the tech to cure cancer and be a humanitarian, but he doesn't" is that Storm isn't screaming down his back to make it so.

    I mean, here is Storm who is actually one of the few superheroes who HAS used their powers to help a community. Didn't she spend quite a few years in Africa, bringing rain and ensuring there are no droughts? I mean, I figure she should bring out a lot more dialogue concerning Wakanda's global position of world-tech-leader to help other nations. I think what a lot of people here dislike about Hudlin's run, is that Storm doesn't seem to think certain things are important anymore.

    Like the dress comment. Mask said 'its because she is a girl' that she is all worried about the dress. And yeah, sure, maybe its nice to see Storm as having a more 'normal' side to her. Problem with that is, she has never BEEN normal, all history and background of her would make one think the dress would be the LAST thing on her mind.

    And the complaints about Storm hugging BP while BP stares defiantly into space showing Storm as the lesser of the two are totally right. I mean who the fuck hugs like that? I don't know one person who ISN'T a dick that has a girl hang on them while they practically ignore the girl. I mean fuck, they are married, if you are gonna have them hug at least let them look at each other when they do it.

    Storm has one fo the strongest female personalities of marvel, and she is just swooooooning over BP. Its cool though, she is in love - right? Then why isn't BP depicted just as much swooning over Storm (and the whole 'Imma brush my hand against your cheek and you'll do anything I say' move doesn't count).

    All that said though, I don't mind it, after all relatively speaking they have only been married for a few weeks at most. I'll let most of it go as some sort of newly-wed dream. But if after 6 months to a year in the Marvel Universe, Storm is STILL acting like this - then someone is writing like shit. Keep in mind, I think BP himself is being portrayed fine for the most part, its Storm's character that is off.

    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited February 2007
    Nogs wrote: »

    And the complaints about Storm hugging BP while BP stares defiantly into space showing Storm as the lesser of the two are totally right. I mean who the fuck hugs like that? I don't know one person who ISN'T a dick that has a girl hang on them while they practically ignore the girl. I mean fuck, they are married, if you are gonna have them hug at least let them look at each other when they do it.

    Storm has one fo the strongest female personalities of marvel, and she is just swooooooning over BP. Its cool though, she is in love - right? Then why isn't BP depicted just as much swooning over Storm (and the whole 'Imma brush my hand against your cheek and you'll do anything I say' move doesn't count).

    oh my god the cover is not a valid point because hudlin didn't write the cover

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »

    And the complaints about Storm hugging BP while BP stares defiantly into space showing Storm as the lesser of the two are totally right. I mean who the fuck hugs like that? I don't know one person who ISN'T a dick that has a girl hang on them while they practically ignore the girl. I mean fuck, they are married, if you are gonna have them hug at least let them look at each other when they do it.

    Storm has one fo the strongest female personalities of marvel, and she is just swooooooning over BP. Its cool though, she is in love - right? Then why isn't BP depicted just as much swooning over Storm (and the whole 'Imma brush my hand against your cheek and you'll do anything I say' move doesn't count).

    oh my god the cover is not a valid point because hudlin didn't write the cover

    fine fine, as far as the cover depiction goes and all other artistic 'faults', I place blame on either the artist(s) and/or editor(s) and not at all on hudlin. Either way the point still stands that the character is being portrayed in a way many people find irritating and not agreeing with past events. But like I said, its something new I suppose and I'm all for trying to take characters in other directions. It just seems a rather drastic change without a lot of build-up or follow through.

    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What the hell is going on with this thread's title?

    Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.