As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a way to transfer files from BeOS to Windows.

Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..."a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
I have a BeOS box that is directly connected to a Windows box (as in, there's a CatV cable running from one to the other). How can I move files from Windows to BeOS? I turned on the BeOS FTP server, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm having a hard time finding good documentation for BeOS stuff online, so anything would be a great help.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
oE0mva1.jpg
Mike Danger on

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Update: I've got the FTP stuff working, but my new problem is that MP3s transferred into the system are seen as "Generic file"s and not proper MP3s

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    Those mp3 files may just need extensions, or they may have been transferred in text (6-bit or 7-bit) mode. Be sure the transfers were done in binary mode (type I, for binary Image) if renaming the files from "something" to "something.mp3" didn't help.

MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    If all they need is the extension changed you can do it quick with the command line. Assuming they all have no extension currently, put them all in one folder by themselves and then
    c:\thefolder\theyarein>ren * *.mp3

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    They all have the appropriate extension - I tried discarding and then readding the extension as well. I'll poke around in the Filezilla settings and see if there's anything about that transfer mode.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    quietjayquietjay Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    I found an article discussing file types on BeOS: http://www.birdhouse.org/beos/byte/17-filetyping/

Do you have the audio/x-mpeg mime type associated with .mp3 ?

Become a Star Citizen
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Is type 'bin' being set in your ftp session?

Are you using command line ftp or some other utility?

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy