As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Youtube/Fox Republican Debate

• iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    What is the goddamned fascination with cutting the DOE? Seriously. I can't believe people are cheering "yay, a more poorly educated American populace!"

Wait, after the past two debates I can believe that.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Wow, they're attributing a rise of 80 searches for "jobs at McDonalds" to the economy.

I wonder if they've considered the fact that there are just way more Google searches now than there were then, and it would explain all of that.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Wow, they're attributing a rise of 80 searches for "jobs at McDonalds" to the economy.

I wonder if they've considered the fact that there are just way more Google searches now than there were then, and it would explain all of that.

That spike looks to be that one day where McDonalds hired several thousand people at once.

What is the goddamned fascination with cutting the DOE? Seriously. I can't believe people are cheering "yay, a more poorly educated American populace!"

You don't understand: clearly, the state of Alabama can do a better job of educating children than the federal government.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    He just said 'WELCOME BACK' like we just finished halftime at the super bowl.

Foreign policy, this should be interesting. First up: Who can nuthug Israel the hardest?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    hmm I can't wait to see how they do on this topic that nobody in their base understands in the slightest

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    It's time to suck off Israel!

• Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular

Republicans really fucking hate teachers, and by association, the DoE.

ezek1t.jpg
    I like that Romney doesn't mention the Israelis dissing Biden immediately before his visit, there, but blames Obama for dissing them.

Apparently, when it comes to most countries, we need to take a hard line, but with Israel, we just need to bend over, and tell them it's okay not to use lube.

Did the Deputy Prime Minister know that Herman Cain was going to be at that meeting, or was it a surprise?

Oh shit I don't know how to answer this, time to refer to Reagan and that I was just in Israel.

Hee, he has no idea wtf the question was about.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    "peace through strength and clarity, and the number nine"

Also... I'm a bit uncomfortable with these evangelical christians defending israel. A part of my brain is rebelling against this being reality.

The 'unilateral declaration'? What the fuck? The US is gearing up to make a unilateral denial (security council veto) of the existence of a Palestinian state.

I love how Palestine is somehow 'unilaterally' becoming recognized as a nation by the UN.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Well if the government is teaching kids that it's okay to be queer, and the state of Alabama will teach them to live in fear of a wrathful god with dubious aiming skills...

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Republicans really fucking hate teachers, and by association, the DoE.

Intellect is a threat to Republican power.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    What did Israel say to Biden? How can you not love Biden?!

Cain literally had no goddamn clue what event that question was referring to.

ezek1t.jpg

Also... I'm a bit uncomfortable with these evangelical christians defending israel. A part of my brain is rebelling against this being reality.
    Israel needs to exist for Revelations to happen.

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Did Rick Perry just confuse Pakistan with India?

s7apster wrote:
    The 'unilateral declaration'? What the fuck? The US is gearing up to make a unilateral denial (security council veto) of the existence of a Palestinian state.

Isn't narrative wonderful?

Oh yes, let's sell jets to Taiwan!

Magus` wrote:

They started settlements again right when he arrived.

"I will make sure things never get that bad with Pakistan by strengthening our ties with our allies in the region...like India."

Yes, Pakistan will love that.

ezek1t.jpg
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    This Santorum guy is really punchy. I'm going to google his name to learn about him.

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Magus` wrote:

Let's pretend I don't know anything about Israel and what they're doing with these 'settlements'.

We should be making... y'know... Alliances. With our allies? In Pakistan? Or wherever?

I haven't heard republicans this excited about alliances and diplomacy since... Well, ever.

hahah I love it

"we should have a good relationship with our ally, the president of Pakistan"

"booo"

Who will point out that our foreign aid budget is tiny?

Two reasons:

1) The Israelis are some of the whitest people in the region; they have a metric fuckton of Eastern European immigrants, and the Republicans will pretty much always support the whitest people in a fight.

2) People who believe in the Rapture think that the Jews have to be in control of Israel in order for it to happen, so they support Jewish ownership of Israel so that when Jesus descends from on high, they can be damned to hell for all eternity.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:

Israel needs to exist for Revelations to happen.

That doesn't make it any more comfortable in my brain that people who insist that my religion is wrong and I need to accept jesus in order to live is also now backing the 'Jewish homeland' (no i do not want to get into an argument over religion with you Thanatos).

edited September 2011
    Newt Gingrich knows the guy's full of bullshit, but pretends to agree with him by loading his sentences with 'bureaucrats'

Hmm, my stream just imploded.

Kana on
    Magus` wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Magus` wrote:

Let's pretend I don't know anything about Israel and what they're doing with these 'settlements'.

Essentially, Palestine is supposed to be its own country (see the current UN thing). Israelis basically live all over it, they restrict Palestinian movements, control security, and so on.

That video question was basically teaparty.avi

ezek1t.jpg
    Look, they're colonists. Settlements is the PC term.

Oh good, Cuba!

wait a second...

did Michelle come out against Cuba while being in Miami?

HIIIISSSSSSS CUBA BAD IT BURNSSSSS GET IT AWAY

ezek1t.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    So Bachmann just lost Florida...

Magus` wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Magus` wrote:
    They build houses on Palestinian land, then shoot any Palestinians who try to object.

They had suspended building these, but went ahead and authorized a shitload of them the day Biden showed up to make nicey-nice between them and the Palestinians. It was a complete dick move, and pretty much Netanyahu and his coalition of bigots dickslapping the administration to score points locally.

The appropriate way to react to it was to leave, and take the American diplomatic envoy with them, but instead we just gave them a small slap on the wrist.

wait a second...

did Michelle come out against Cuba while being in Miami?

Orlando.