As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trenches comic: Tuesday Sept. 27, 2011

2»

• Options
    Human ShieldHuman Shield Registered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    Maybe he's just not a good person, and we're not supposed to like him. Maybe he's the anti-hero? Maybe we're witness to the epic fall from the hubris that will be later examined in the prequel strips?
    That's what I'm saying. :) Think about it, this guy has probably been bullied all his life for just his name alone. When we first see him, he's sitting in a convertible with the top down in the rain. Something major has just gone down with him. Most seem to think it's that he got fired, but I don't think so. Something bigger than that happened, and now he has manipulated his way into a lowly position in this company and already gotten one person fired for no reason. At this point, we must ask ourselves, "What is Isaac's endgame? What does he plan to achieve?" I predict a systematic destruction of the company from the inside, because who better to do that than someone at the bottom of the ladder but with so much riding on his position? QA is the end of the line before production, and if Isaac corrupts it, he can cause the whole infrastructure to collapse.

BOOM.

• Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    Maybe he's just not a good person, and we're not supposed to like him. Maybe he's the anti-hero? Maybe we're witness to the epic fall from the hubris that will be later examined in the prequel strips?
    That's what I'm saying. :) Think about it, this guy has probably been bullied all his life for just his name alone. When we first see him, he's sitting in a convertible with the top down in the rain. Something major has just gone down with him. Most seem to think it's that he got fired, but I don't think so. Something bigger than that happened, and now he has manipulated his way into a lowly position in this company and already gotten one person fired for no reason. At this point, we must ask ourselves, "What is Isaac's endgame? What does he plan to achieve?" I predict a systematic destruction of the company from the inside, because who better to do that than someone at the bottom of the ladder but with so much riding on his position? QA is the end of the line before production, and if Isaac corrupts it, he can cause the whole infrastructure to collapse.

BOOM.

He has already asserted a strong amount of influence on the head of the company...

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    The football was red

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    tinyfootball_blush.jpg

It really brings out the football's cheeks.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    LTM wrote:

BOOM.

Man...

That wasn't where I was going with that at all. I was just saying, "Maybe Isaac actually is supposed to be a dick, and we aren't supposed to take pity on him."

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    I know from experience that QA is no bed of roses, but between the rather dark plot line and the depressing stories, this comic is more depressing than entertaining for me so far. My stints in QA were pretty dark days, both as a job and as a part of a season of my life, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    El Guaco wrote:
    I know from experience that QA is no bed of roses, but between the rather dark plot line and the depressing stories, this comic is more depressing than entertaining for me so far. My stints in QA were pretty dark days, both as a job and as a part of a season of my life, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Sounds about right.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    gursikh11gursikh11 Registered User new member
    Really one of the fine characters .These are really seems to be one of better character in the mean time. Really cool character to watch,Its stories are really different too. :D