As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Frustrated with a client...

SunstrandSunstrand Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys here is a bit of back story. I work in the oilfield, in Iraq. I'm Canadian and have been working 4 weeks on 4 weeks off over here since spring. I have worked for some gems in my day but I seem to have met my nemesis. Last week the other supervisor I work with was asked not to come back to the location we are on due to issues with this client, he got snowballed essentially. The client doesn't have a clue what he is doing and lacks the proper communication skills to tell you what he wants, well what the main office wants, he is a glorified secretary that gets upset and mad when we ask why because he cannot explain himself or his actions. There are always two supervisors here no matter what and we are experts in our field we know what we are doing, that's why we are here.

To make a long story short, after getting rid of my friend and coworker I have no use for this guy, I didn't have much use for him before but now, I refuse to take any of his bullshit, and I have requested that anything he wants me to do it needs to be in writing. Even then he comes up with dumb ideas that are little things but they still piss me off to no end, and I want to grab him by the shoulders and shake the stupid out of him.

How do I keep my job and still deal with this fucking nitwit? Just looking at him makes my blood boil and I know that's not good. Our main office knows my qualms and will stand behind me with safety issues but when push comes to shove I'll be the one heading out the door.

BorderlandsClaptraps.jpg
Sunstrand on

• Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    This is a tough spot, get everything in writing as you are doing. Even his little suggestions. Send any idiocy to your superiors, and ask them if you should just follow this schlub's instructions (provided no safety issues are caused) or what. If suddenly due to his incompetence, production is down, you have that to refer back to.

Also, i think you were thinking blackballed and not snowballed. Your friend would probably have a sexual harassment claim if he got snowballed.

• Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Who is this "client" and what is the purpose of his job? I have worked as a contractor in the mining field and have met many "clients" with bad ideas and too much to say. If he asks you to do something silly as Dr. Frenchenstein said send the request to your superiors and ask them about it. Many "clients" don't have nearly the power to make requests that they think they do and are just trying to make themselves seem busy and important. Once you have clear parameters of what you can and cannot do for him it will be much easier.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg