Options

Breaking Bad

134689100

Posts

  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2011

    Ugh, half a week to go to find out for sure.

    Larlar on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    I watched the series pilot last night on a whim when the show I had sought wasn't on instant play. A very happy coincidence.

    Skimming this thread (avoiding the spoilers, thank you), it looks like I'm in for quite a ride!

  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:

    Ugh, half a week to go to find out for sure.

    Oh shit.

    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Bhow wrote:
    I watched the series pilot last night on a whim when the show I had sought wasn't on instant play. A very happy coincidence.

    Skimming this thread (avoiding the spoilers, thank you), it looks like I'm in for quite a ride!

    You have no idea.

    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    I think the only way this ends with Walt having poisoned Brock is if the finale jumps back in time and shows us everything from Walt's perspective that we missed. It is just too big of an event to miss and would be too illogical without us watching the whole thing unfurl. This might not be so out of the realm of possibility, given the show's love for occasional chronological fuckery when it comes to storytelling

  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:

    Ugh, half a week to go to find out for sure.

    It just seems too convoluted for this show.

    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    To be fair, it isn't any more convoluted than season 2's finale

  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Though season 2's finale wasn't any character's plan. It was just stuff that happened.

    I'm just going to keep believing all well-presented theories simultaneously until sunday night.

  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Larlar

    it was me

    I did it

  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    I'd like to point out that the build-up to Season 3's finale was also pretty goddamn convoluted

    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Was it?

    IIRC, most of what we actually saw with
    the twins
    was irrelevant; the build to the finale only started in the last few eps.

    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    It was an off-shoot of the whole "Jesse is in hiding" subplot that had been set up previously, and started off with something that seemed to be completely unrelated - Combo being killed (my memory could be off). Then the whole Gale thing, which had been running for some time (though my memory is a bit hazy as to when Gale was introduced as a character).

    For a TV show, Breaking Bad sets things up so far in advance, that it always seems like something entirely insignificant at the time, but has huge repercussions. That's why I love this show.

    KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Stupid question, but remember the "737" "Down" "Over" "ABQ" episodes in Season 2? In those intros... it showed the busted up Aztec in the driveway... and two bodies in body bags next to it. Who were they? Was that ever explained?
    Or was that entire scene just something that happened between seasons 2 and 3... just cleanup of bodies that fell from the plane, perhaps?

    GPIA7R on
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    GPIA7R wrote:
    just cleanup of bodies that fell from the plane, perhaps?

    Yes

  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Stupid question, but remember the "737" "Down" "Over" "ABQ" episodes in Season 2? In those intros... it showed the busted up Aztec in the driveway... and two bodies in body bags next to it. Who were they? Was that ever explained?
    Or was that entire scene just something that happened between seasons 2 and 3... just cleanup of bodies that fell from the plane, perhaps?

    Yeah pretty much.

  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    there are no stupid questions

    except for that one

  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    He already said it was a stupid question. He was smart enough to know!

    You both pass my course.

  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    I refuse to watch any videos or read any thing about Breaking Bad episodes I haven't seen yet. One of the few things I am in total spoiler blackout for. Even if it's something benign or not substantial at all, I don't care. A huge part of this show for me is the complete shock of each scene.

    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    no way on earth walt did it

  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Gus doing it makes even less sense than Walt doing it

  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    can someone spoiler-transcribe what happens in that video

    I can't access it at work

  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    can someone spoiler-transcribe what happens in that video

    I can't access it at work
    The video shows Walt giving Brock poison, then having sex with Jesse's girl while "i wish i was jesse's girl" plays in the background.
    Also, Gus kills Hank, Walt Jr, Saul, Mike, Skyler, and Marie with his bare hands. Punch punch punch punch punch strangle.

    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    can someone spoiler-transcribe what happens in that video

    I can't access it at work
    Walt runs up to Gus' car, dives under it and carefully disarms the bomb. He pulls it off, and stashes it in a bag. He walks through the hospital - the bomb gets magnetically caught on an elevator door. He yanks it off, then sits next to Jesse.

    Not much. ;D

    EDIT: totally unrelated thing from Season 3, remember this?
    Walt: "Maybe he thought it was you who gave the order."
    Gus: "Are you asking me if I ordered the murder of a child?"
    Walt "I would never ask you that."

    Heyooo

    Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    BEAST! wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    can someone spoiler-transcribe what happens in that video

    I can't access it at work
    The video shows Walt giving Brock poison, then having sex with Jesse's girl while "i wish i was jesse's girl" plays in the background.
    Also, Gus kills Hank, Walt Jr, Saul, Mike, Skyler, and Marie with his bare hands. Punch punch punch punch punch strangle.

    What about Holly? He said he was going to kill Holly, too.

    @Dark_Raven_X thanks

  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Nope, he didn't kill her. The writers once again forgot she existed.

    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    There's a good interview with Bryan Cranston up on WTF with Marc Maron. Great hearing Maron geek out over this show.

    As a warning, Cranston drops some kind of spoilery hints about the finale near the end of the interview. It's vague, but he still describes the last scene a bit.

  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    BEAST! wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    can someone spoiler-transcribe what happens in that video

    I can't access it at work
    The video shows Walt giving Brock poison, then having sex with Jesse's girl while "i wish i was jesse's girl" plays in the background.
    Also, Gus kills Hank, Walt Jr, Saul, Mike, Skyler, and Marie with his bare hands. Punch punch punch punch punch strangle.

    What about Holly? He said he was going to kill Holly, too.

    @Dark_Raven_X thanks

    we're assumin' she dies of grief

    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    There's a good interview with Bryan Cranston up on WTF with Marc Maron. Great hearing Maron geek out over this show.

    As a warning, Cranston drops some kind of spoilery hints about the finale near the end of the interview. It's vague, but he still describes the last scene a bit.

    I really like the interview he did with Chris Hardwick on the Nerdist Podcast.

    Gotta have some Brian Cranston Dick Grapes™.

    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    It blows my mind how different from Gus Giancarlo Esposito is in an interview.

    I mean, it's not like Bryan Cranston is a lot like Walt, either. But seeing Giancarlo Esposito in an interview is like looking at and listening to a complete stranger. My mind futilely tries to gap the disparity by simply making me very uncomfortable until I stop watching.

  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Has everyone seen that "leaked" image?

    I laughed. I loved.

    And now I am actually entertaining the notion it might somehow be real.
    tumblr_lsd1hsPthu1qfayzd.png

    Yep. I'm at the point that shit like that can convince me. Hurry up Series Finale. HURRY.

    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Walt and Gus reconcile their differences just in time to escort one another to the Batman convention.

  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:

    Ugh, half a week to go to find out for sure.

    Well fuck me
    I re-watched the last two episodes and everything fits.

    The first time around, I was convinced Gus was guilty, but one thing bothered me. Why would he go to Jesse in person just to pretend he didn't know anything about the poison? Gus isn't very talkative (see Box Cutter) but he's usually straight and to the point, he doesn't lie or bullshit around. Even when he was interrogated by the DEA, it felt like he wasn't lying as much as he was just omitting details, like when he said he was discussing "business" with Gale, but he didn't say what kind of business.

    Assuming he had poisoned Brock, his behavior seemed out of character. On the other hand, we never see Walt leaving his house, but to set all of this up he didn't have to. All he needed to do is give Saul a phone call, give him instructions and then wait for Jesse. We've seen Walt go to extremes when he's been cornered before, but this takes the fucking cake.

  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The main thing I don't get about the episode is why Gus would even go to the goddamn hospital in the first place. It just makes no sense.

    Hey how about I show up in public to see a known meth dealer while the DEA thinks I run a meth lab!!!!

    BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Having listened to that Spoilery Cranston interview, I am now fairly sure the final shot of Season 4 will be:
    The Ricin cigarette, in Walt's house.

    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2011
    That would be such a sick way to close the season.

    Larlar on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Odin wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

    Ugh, half a week to go to find out for sure.

    Well fuck me
    I re-watched the last two episodes and everything fits.

    The first time around, I was convinced Gus was guilty, but one thing bothered me. Why would he go to Jesse in person just to pretend he didn't know anything about the poison? Gus isn't very talkative (see Box Cutter) but he's usually straight and to the point, he doesn't lie or bullshit around. Even when he was interrogated by the DEA, it felt like he wasn't lying as much as he was just omitting details, like when he said he was discussing "business" with Gale, but he didn't say what kind of business.

    Assuming he had poisoned Brock, his behavior seemed out of character. On the other hand, we never see Walt leaving his house, but to set all of this up he didn't have to. All he needed to do is give Saul a phone call, give him instructions and then wait for Jesse. We've seen Walt go to extremes when he's been cornered before, but this takes the fucking cake.
    What is Saul's motivation, though? He's always looking out for himself and is usually reluctant to do just about anything. What's Walt's leverage to convince him to poison Brock? Money? Walt doesn't have much, and the little he does have is in the house. I don't see Saul doing something so dangerous and illegal as to poison a child without at the very least being paid upfront, and I find it less likely that he would pay a housecall to someone who is marked for death.
    Also, it's already been pointed out that Saul's limited involvement with Brock and Andrea was due to Jesse not wanting to see them. That situation is already resolved.

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    ukiyo e wrote:
    Odin wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

    Ugh, half a week to go to find out for sure.

    Well fuck me
    I re-watched the last two episodes and everything fits.

    The first time around, I was convinced Gus was guilty, but one thing bothered me. Why would he go to Jesse in person just to pretend he didn't know anything about the poison? Gus isn't very talkative (see Box Cutter) but he's usually straight and to the point, he doesn't lie or bullshit around. Even when he was interrogated by the DEA, it felt like he wasn't lying as much as he was just omitting details, like when he said he was discussing "business" with Gale, but he didn't say what kind of business.

    Assuming he had poisoned Brock, his behavior seemed out of character. On the other hand, we never see Walt leaving his house, but to set all of this up he didn't have to. All he needed to do is give Saul a phone call, give him instructions and then wait for Jesse. We've seen Walt go to extremes when he's been cornered before, but this takes the fucking cake.
    What is Saul's motivation, though? He's always looking out for himself and is usually reluctant to do just about anything. What's Walt's leverage to convince him to poison Brock? Money? Walt doesn't have much, and the little he does have is in the house. I don't see Saul doing something so dangerous and illegal as to poison a child without at the very least being paid upfront, and I find it less likely that he would pay a housecall to someone who is marked for death.
    Also, it's already been pointed out that Saul's limited involvement with Brock and Andrea was due to Jesse not wanting to see them. That situation is already resolved.
    I think Saul is motivated by the idea that he'll earn more money by keeping both Jesse and Walt cooking. That's all I could possibly see. Saul wouldn't get killed by Gus, since he plays both sides.

    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2011
    ukiyo e wrote:
    Odin wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

    Ugh, half a week to go to find out for sure.

    Well fuck me
    I re-watched the last two episodes and everything fits.

    The first time around, I was convinced Gus was guilty, but one thing bothered me. Why would he go to Jesse in person just to pretend he didn't know anything about the poison? Gus isn't very talkative (see Box Cutter) but he's usually straight and to the point, he doesn't lie or bullshit around. Even when he was interrogated by the DEA, it felt like he wasn't lying as much as he was just omitting details, like when he said he was discussing "business" with Gale, but he didn't say what kind of business.

    Assuming he had poisoned Brock, his behavior seemed out of character. On the other hand, we never see Walt leaving his house, but to set all of this up he didn't have to. All he needed to do is give Saul a phone call, give him instructions and then wait for Jesse. We've seen Walt go to extremes when he's been cornered before, but this takes the fucking cake.
    What is Saul's motivation, though? He's always looking out for himself and is usually reluctant to do just about anything. What's Walt's leverage to convince him to poison Brock? Money? Walt doesn't have much, and the little he does have is in the house. I don't see Saul doing something so dangerous and illegal as to poison a child without at the very least being paid upfront, and I find it less likely that he would pay a housecall to someone who is marked for death.
    Also, it's already been pointed out that Saul's limited involvement with Brock and Andrea was due to Jesse not wanting to see them. That situation is already resolved.
    I think Saul is motivated by the idea that he'll earn more money by keeping both Jesse and Walt cooking. That's all I could possibly see. Saul wouldn't get killed by Gus, since he plays both sides.
    Saul was afraid of getting killed by Gus no more than an episode or two ago. It's not hard to imagine Walt using that fear to get him to help take Gus out.

    We also don't know for sure that Brock is fatally poisoned. Walt is a genius chemist. He could have done anything, and the effects could very well be temporary.

    Larlar on
This discussion has been closed.