As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: this is the end...the end of SSG dog racing

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think act 1 is great

I can see why people think it's too slow though

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    really my favourite part is every seventh page taken as a whole and read backwards

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    the best part is KILL ME
    the second best part is make her pay
    the third best part is arrivaderci, megido!!!!!!!!

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Act 1 is bad if you read it because you're trying to get into "Homestuck, the story about time travel, explosions, omnipotent demons, and bisexual alien teenagers".

Honestly, I started reading Homestuck about a week after going through all of Problem Sleuth at the request of a friend, which was back in the middle of Act 2. I liked it immediately, and it is why I kept reading.

People call Act 1 slow because in act one plot speed didn't matter. If you're reading to watch the plot turn into what it is now then of course it will look slow. Reading Act 1 for what it is instead of for later acts lets you enjoy it for what it is.

Whyther on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Yeah thats all true

Even aside from that though, a lot of the humor in act 1 cones from the fact that it's a huge fucking ordeal to complete even the simplest of tasks, and I can see why that would start to grate on sone people

• Options
    vaulthalla is also amazing, that gets on the list of best moments

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Trying to sell someone on homestuck by saying it's a story about time travel, explosions, omnipotent demons and bisexual alien teenagers is a bad idea

• Options
    i'm just in it for the lesbian space pirate alien literotica

• Options
    goddammit hussie why did you even write that

• Options
    goddammit hussie why did you even write that

it was his gift to us on valentine's day

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hussie wrote lesbian space pirate alien literotica?

I think I missed out on that, which is a shame because it may very well turn out to be the best part of Homestuck.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    yes

yes he did larlar

it was so awkward

• Options
    it happened in one of the vriska's ancestor's diary entries

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_lt1iya6GqP1qbxfopo1_500.png

ArWbG.png

ofbyh.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Gje52.jpg

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Speed Racer PM'ed that entire erotic section to every member of my Homestuck phalla.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote:
    Speed Racer PM'ed that entire erotic section to every member of my Homestuck phalla.

Yyyyyyep

• Options
    you're a terrible person speed racer

• Options
    you're speed racer

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I'm Speed Racer?

brb killing myself again

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i am one of those fans for whom act 5 is basically the whole point of the entire enterprise
    yes but for some reason you claim I can't say the name of my own country.

Still baffled by that one.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zay

The anime

you've been cured!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It sorts depends.

Like, Act5 Act1 or Act5 Act2?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I like them both. Although Act 5 Scene 2 is much more of a clusterfuck than Act 5 Scene 1

• Options
    edited October 2011
    act five act 1 is the best
    the chatlog density approaches critical hilarity

unintentional on
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Zay

The anime

you've been cured!

Yeah I started taking Antime and that seems to help a lot!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Antime?

Is that the anime BugBoy watches

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I can see that

a slice of life series about ant-people and the zany adventures they have in the hive

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Just remember that even though your symptoms are in remission, you are still contagious

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I like them both. Although Act 5 Scene 2 is much more of a clusterfuck than Act 5 Scene 1

Which is kinda weird, because Act 5 Act 1 has a ton of moving about and skipping segments and referencing things that happened off-panel and general zooming through the story with 12 new characters with strong individual characters.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    if you think about how much we knew at the end of act 4 compared to the end of act 5, its sorta crazy

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Hah the pogo minigame

Also, re: complacency of the learned

Hussie said a while ago that it was supposed to represent how the trolls existed on the subconscious of humans, the same way Superman does. It's about 12 powerful young wizards that fuck everything up, and their 12 elder wizards that go on a quest to stop them. Maybe a reference to the trolls' Scratch?

This is where I was trying to get to, I think, but I was probably too tired to make all the connections.

• Options
    Nobody said anything about my Dave shirt today.

Not sure if this is a win or not, but I'm leaning towards a win.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    they were too busy staring

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Ganonslayer...

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Antime?

Is that the anime BugBoy watches

no it's an anime about antimatter

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Zay wrote:
    Ganonslayer...

z-zayren

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote:

Speed doomed himself with that one. What was really funny was how some of the 'sGrub players' who were unfamiliar with Homestuck reacted.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I thought maybe there was a hidden message in it somewhere so I read through to see but nope

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ZapRat wrote:
    Baidol wrote:

Speed doomed himself with that one. What was really funny was how some of the 'sGrub players' who were unfamiliar with Homestuck reacted.

Worth. It.

This discussion has been closed.