As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your 10 favorite games of all time. After Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    we've been rubbing our dicks on 3D tvs

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I am actually half-serious about this

keith I am so lazy

going to your apartment for a month would cost like 10 times as much in gas

Unless I'm sleeping on your couch the whole time

then deal

dog you would only have to stop by like 3 times

and no you can't sleep on the couch

I ain't need to cross-contaminate the jizz

look you don't have to worry about wearing pants while I'm there

I'm not going to judge your tiny, abnormally hairy penis

I've got one of my own

let's just drop the charade

keith come over so we can weiner joust

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I am actually half-serious about this

keith I am so lazy

going to your apartment for a month would cost like 10 times as much in gas

Unless I'm sleeping on your couch the whole time

then deal

dog you would only have to stop by like 3 times

and no you can't sleep on the couch

I ain't need to cross-contaminate the jizz

look you don't have to worry about wearing pants while I'm there

I'm not going to judge your tiny, abnormally hairy penis

I've got one of my own

let's just drop the charade

keith come over so we can weiner joust

see you in 2 hours

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Dux wrote:
    So, for people who're wondering about or are just interested in Asura's Wrath, I found two pretty lengthy videos that might be interesting. Spoilers, of course.

Here's the first Boss fight in it's entirety. I think it's hilarious and awesome that you can skip narration by punching the dude who's narrating in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNNY0ns9-dU

This video's about the other boss fight against Augus, the burly dude with the beard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XorkmFdjrA

holy

shit

that first boss fight is more epic than the final boss in almost any game ever

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Cutscene, quicktime event, another cutscene, fighting for a bit interspersed with quicktime events, a more critical quicktime event, cutscene, Dragon Ball Z bullshit, another cutscene, fighting for a bit, another series of quicktime events, even more ridiculous Dragon Ball Z bullshit, cutscene, quicktime event . . .

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Rehab wrote:
    Cutscene, quicktime event, another cutscene, fighting for a bit interspersed with quicktime events, a more critical quicktime event, cutscene, Dragon Ball Z bullshit, another cutscene, fighting for a bit, another series of quicktime events, even more ridiculous Dragon Ball Z bullshit, cutscene, quicktime event . . .

Yeah. It looks goddamn amazing.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    It looks like you have to build up a bar to engage in the QTE, which you do by damaging the boss. This sounds like a neato idea to me.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote:

Yeah. It looks goddamn amazing.

Normally, the game's a beat-em-up with little QTE's for counters and I think finishing moves. When you reach a boss fight however, the game goes absolutely nuts. Instead of a health bar for the boss, you have a Burst bar which you fill up by punching the fuck out of said boss. When that's filled, you can Burst and then you perform a finisher that moves the fight to the next stage. The QTE's in those are there to convey scale for the most part.

The second video isn't as QTE-heavy and shows off more of the normal gameplay. Both fights have been made easier for the sake of the demos.

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Dux wrote:
    So, for people who're wondering about or are just interested in Asura's Wrath, I found two pretty lengthy videos that might be interesting. Spoilers, of course.

Here's the first Boss fight in it's entirety. I think it's hilarious and awesome that you can skip narration by punching the dude who's narrating in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNNY0ns9-dU

This video's about the other boss fight against Augus, the burly dude with the beard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XorkmFdjrA

holy

shit

that first boss fight is more epic than the final boss in almost any game ever

holy shit pretty much sums up my entire attitude while watching that boss fight

Not today.
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Arkham City is doing really well.

... too well ...

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Seriously it's scoring on Mario Galaxy levels of unanimous praise. If anything else comes out this year that manages to outdo it, we might just be living in the greatest gaming year of history.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Darric wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Man, I cannot play an MMO again I think.

Definitely feel this way about WoW style games.

I'm willing to give Old Republic a chance, I'll definitely try Guild Wars 2 (it actually looks like it's trying to break the mold a little) and I'm definitely in for whatever Blizzard cooks up next.

this post is so confusing

I definitely confused my point. Old Republic (from the little I've seen) seems WoWish, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Guild Wars 2 seems radically different enough from the WoW formula that I'm excited by it. Most people suspect Titan will probably be a completely different sort of game to WoW, and it's Blizzard, so I'm there whatevs.

• Options
    Holy shit I just did a bit of math, and factoring in Giant Bomb's also perfect score (which Gamerankings isn't listing yet) Arkham City currently sits 0.02% over Ocarina of Time in average score.

Not the first time it's happened (both Mario Galaxies, GTA4 and Twilight Princess were also briefly up there) but man.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Stoooked for Guild Wars 2. Been waiting since they first announced it like 5 years ago.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote:
    Seriously it's scoring on Mario Galaxy levels of unanimous praise. If anything else comes out this year that manages to outdo it, we might just be living in the greatest gaming year of history.

The only game with a chance is Uncharted 3. MW3 will get a whole reef of perfect scores but it will be the 'I'm a legitimate journalist, I'm going to give this 3 stars' outlets that will drag it down. It's a game to hate to make you look smart, for sure.

• Options
    You know, some of those articles might have legitimate beef with the game and could, just maybe, be putting it lower than 5 stars for good reason.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    SimBen wrote:

The only game with a chance is Uncharted 3. MW3 will get a whole reef of perfect scores but it will be the 'I'm a legitimate journalist, I'm going to give this 3 stars' outlets that will drag it down. It's a game to hate to make you look smart, for sure.

Skyrim totally has the chance to get a shit ton of 5 stars

• Options
    I really don't like how game reviewing sites will shit on games that aren't popular making sequels that are samey (see: MegaMan Battle Network series, Monster Hunter, Katamari), whereas CoD and such is still pretty much identical from MW1 and gets praised.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    seriously I will sell you my kidney for Arkham City

Keith, if you don't have it by Xmas, or around that time, I will buy it for you. Promise.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    yeah, but virtually all video game reviewers are huge nerds that love batman

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Zay wrote:
    Stoooked for Guild Wars 2. Been waiting since they first announced it like 5 years ago.

Oh god yes

Gonna be a charrbro

• Options
    Hullis wrote:
    Zay wrote:

Oh god yes

Gonna be a charrbro

Hi5.

Charr Thief all the way.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote:
    I really don't like how game reviewing sites will shit on games that aren't popular making sequels that are samey (see: MegaMan Battle Network series, Monster Hunter, Katamari), whereas CoD and such is still pretty much identical from MW1 and gets praised.

Well, you can have a game with bad qualities that continues to extend those bad qualities into sequels, and then you can have a game with good qualities that extends those into sequels. Not saying the CoD games are perfect in that respect, but they're definitely better than Monster Hunter in my opinion.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Well when a complaint is literally "more of the same", that's exactly what CoD is.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the CoD campaigns and I'm going to find a way to play MW3 just for Spec-Ops, but I find game reviewing sites to be super hypocritical.

Also I totally forgot about Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which would definitely be in my top 10.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Zay wrote:

Oh god yes

Gonna be a charrbro

Hi5.

Charr Thief all the way.
    Gonna wait to see what the last two professions are, but thinking Charr Ranger.

• Options
    There's a great example by GameTrailers where they described Uncharted 2's 9.3 as pretty much the highest score they could award a game like that, because it's inherently unoriginal.

Then they gave Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 a 9.5.

Basically, all review score systems are terrible.

• Options
    Hullis wrote:
    Zay wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Zay wrote:

Oh god yes

Gonna be a charrbro

Hi5.

Charr Thief all the way.

Did you not hear about the Engineer?

There's only one more profession reveal. And at this point it's pretty much guaranteed to be a Mesmer, even if the name is changed some.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Reviews are an articulation of a reviewer's gut feeling, it's not based on any concrete criteria, and it's constantly influenced by the reviewer's tastes, moods, expectations/hype and whether he just played something exactly like it right before he played this game. Playing Modern Warfare 2 while being super stoked about it can absolutely be a better experience than playing Uncharted 2 with a sense of apprehension and expecting it to be more of the same. You confirm what you expect and then you rate accordingly. It's subjective.

sig.gif
  • Options
    All reviews of games like Modern Warfare 2 are terrible.

HOLY SHIT, THIS WAR GAME THAT'S A SEQUEL TO THAT OTHER WAR GAME AND WAS RELEASED ON THE SAME DATE AS ANOTHER WAR GAME IS THE PRETTIEST AND BEST WAR GAME EVER, AT LEAST UNTIL THE SEQUEL TO THIS WAR GAME COMES OUT IN A YEAR OR SO.

• Options
    Zay wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Zay wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Zay wrote:

Oh god yes

Gonna be a charrbro

Hi5.

Charr Thief all the way.

Did you not hear about the Engineer?

There's only one more profession reveal. And at this point it's pretty much guaranteed to be a Mesmer, even if the name is changed some.
    I thought there were going to be 9, Engineer makes 7.

• Options
    All reviews of games like Modern Warfare 2 are terrible.

HOLY SHIT, THIS WAR GAME THAT'S A SEQUEL TO THAT OTHER WAR GAME AND WAS RELEASED ON THE SAME DATE AS ANOTHER WAR GAME IS THE PRETTIEST AND BEST WAR GAME EVER, AT LEAST UNTIL THE SEQUEL TO THIS WAR GAME COMES OUT IN A YEAR OR SO.

Almost as bad as the negative reviews of the same games.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @Hullis
    Nah, 2 heavy armor guys, 3 medium, 3 light.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SimBen wrote:
    Reviews are an articulation of a reviewer's gut feeling, it's not based on any concrete criteria, and it's constantly influenced by the reviewer's tastes, moods, expectations/hype and whether he just played something exactly like it right before he played this game. Playing Modern Warfare 2 while being super stoked about it can absolutely be a better experience than playing Uncharted 2 with a sense of apprehension and expecting it to be more of the same. You confirm what you expect and then you rate accordingly. It's subjective.

Oh, I get that, absolutely. It was the reviewer's almost concrete objectivity about the score in response to fan reaction that made it amusing.

• Options
    Zay wrote:
    @Hullis
    Nah, 2 heavy armor guys, 3 medium, 3 light.

Hmmm

Hmmmm I must consider

I may go charr warrior and norn ranger

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    best Spider-Man game was Ultimate

• Options
    best Spider-Man game was Ultimate

This.

I also liked Spider-Man 2.

• Options
    Can we not 'sperg out over game reviews here.

this is hallowed ground.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hallowed but expired

• Options
    every post is living on borrowed time!

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    That makes this the international waters of sperging.

MY FAVORITE SONG IS DANCING MAD
    I WISH THE ORIGINAL POKEMON STARTERS WERE AVAILABLE IN ALL GAMES

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.