As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Graves Mechanic Preview up.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2011
    Katarina raging at me for daring to use Kayle's ult right as she ults. <3

Delicious tears.

Echo on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Man that 10winstreak site really took off huh. Good for that guy, I remember when he first posted it here.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I've played a godamn lot of MOBAs, and I must say that Dominion is actually pretty excellent mechanically. There are some very good ideas well implemented. Not sure if it'll stand the test of time the way The One True Map has though.

• Options
    I like to play Kayle in Dominion by very obviously nuking creep waves. They have to send people down to stop me, because me + a full creep wave - their creeps = capping about as fast as 2.5 people.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Dominion was a really smart move because now people don't have to choose between LoL and DOTA 2

they can play Dominion and DOTA 2

it scratches an entirely different itch

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Phreak is playing Sivir with teleport and rally.

This will be good.

edit: aww he changed to heimer with decent summons.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I want this patch to come out already so I can show that hussy Kat how a proper champion channels her gunblade powered ults.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Kayle: start with Berserker's Greaves + Amplifying Tome, level E-W-E from the start. Really nice AOE when fighting for the top point right off the bat.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    I want this patch to come out already so I can show that hussy Kat how a proper champion channels her gunblade powered ults.

by pointing them ineffectually in one direction and having your target flash/blink/walk out of the way?

• Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    How to AD Kassadin. Also, how to tank Vayne.
    badkarthus.jpg

LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Echo: Jerry is playing Maokai

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    bigwah wrote:
    badkarthus.jpg

wat

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote:
    bigwah wrote:
    badkarthus.jpg

wat

Second highest AD in the game, might as well use it. Also, tank Vayne worked much better for Frosteey than tank Anivia, you dont want to know what happened that game
    He killed XZ with thornmail, but failed to kill someone with thornmail... while in egg. Failure.

LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    ...this Alistar is buying pots. For Dominion.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    i buy pots in dominion

worse ways to spend the 70 gold at the start, and sometimes you can't get a health pack right away

interrobang on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So I nodded off, woke up to see the champ price reductions, frowned because I got Blitz at the start of the month so I won't get an IP refund.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I very often buy the boots + prospectors blade + 2 pots. Because when you win that top battle you can take both pots and a health pack and be full again and pushing, or ready to defend against the respawners.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I have fallen in love with taking a kindlegem + amp tome

• Options
    I'm talking mana pots here.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    You are like level 15. You can't really expect people to do things that make any sense. :-X

I mean, you can but you are probably going to be disappointed a lot.

Come to think of it, level doesn't even factor in to that.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Talith wrote:

by pointing them ineffectually in one direction and having your target flash/blink/walk out of the way?

Yeah...I always figured the shitty thing about her ult was you'd have to find 5 total scrublords to stand in it for the duration, I don't think an MF ult has ever killed me.

Fucking rad to see a Taric CD reduction on his ult, that is a huge buff.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Why am I seeing so many AP Shacos streamed by dudes on SR? Dammit Hotshot, don't start a trend!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    because ap shaco on dominion is hilarious

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

this right here

playing against a really good ap shaco on dominion is the kind of thing that makes you set the game mode down for like a week, as a result of the trauma

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote:
    Why am I seeing so many AP Shacos streamed by dudes on SR? Dammit Hotshot, don't start a trend!

Characters
  • Options
    Malady is goddamn amazing on Kayle. First item I build after Berserker's Greaves.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote:
    Aegis wrote:

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    15 + 73 + 50 damage popping out of my victim on every hit at level 10. <3

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    Malady is goddamn amazing on Kayle. First item I build after Berserker's Greaves.

Frankly, you should be building wits end before malady. Most people don't have much MR in dom, especially not that early. Wits end gives you higher base damage for nearly the same cost, and boosts your own survivability early on, where most people don't have magic pen yet. I always start serks and NMM into wits end early on.

Then again, you play hybrid by the sound of it, so you're a heretik.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I normally don't mind AP Shacos as long as they know what they're doing.

Sadly, this isn't the case currently.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Talith wrote:

Yeah...I always figured the shitty thing about her ult was you'd have to find 5 total scrublords to stand in it for the duration, I don't think an MF ult has ever killed me.

MF ult + Annie ult + Amumu ult

Yeah you're standing in it

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    15 + 73 + 50 damage popping out of my victim on every hit at level 10. <3

I like the cut of this jib. I just played a game which we lost, but I was regularly holding my own against Tryn, Cait, Jax, and Ryze, while my team herp derped around our bottom point over and over again.

The Berserker's boots + Tome is a nice start, and then Wits End + Maladay makes you relentless. I was building a Warmogs next, but I figure by that point in a game a Warmogs probably isn't worth it?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Hmmm, I think I need to refine my Dominion Kog'Maw build. At the end of my core build it looks like: Boots 3, Bloodrazor, Wit's End, Malady, <defensive item: aegis or frozen heart> Things die extremely fast when I reach this point, which is nice since it lends well to capturing point. The only problem I'm seeing through experimentation is that until at least 1 to 2 of those are completed I hit like a wet noodle compared to most other champs.

Wondering if there's something I can throw in there as an intermediate item that would at least level out the curve. I normally start Boots + Pickaxe. I've tried starting Recurve Bow but that makes me move so bloody slow. Maybe pickup a Prospector?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Talith wrote:

1) there is an absolute ton of AoE ults that mf ult has really good synergy with (galio's, kennen's, etc) which makes mf's ult super powerful
    2) yes, because taric really needs a buff, it's not like he's the arguably best support in the game

• Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    You're right, Taric isn't the best support. They're all situational and Taric is one of the more situational supports (less situational than Alistar though)

League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Hmmm, I think I need to refine my Dominion Kog'Maw build. At the end of my core build it looks like: Boots 3, Bloodrazor, Wit's End, Malady, <defensive item: aegis or frozen heart> Things die extremely fast when I reach this point, which is nice since it lends well to capturing point. The only problem I'm seeing through experimentation is that until at least 1 to 2 of those are completed I hit like a wet noodle compared to most other champs.

Wondering if there's something I can throw in there as an intermediate item that would at least level out the curve. I normally start Boots + Pickaxe. I've tried starting Recurve Bow but that makes me move so bloody slow. Maybe pickup a Prospector?
    on Dominion
    I like to do Prospector's+Boots1
    Recurve (or Emblem)
    finish boots
    Stark's
    Giant's Belt + Chain + Negatron
    Warmog's + FoN + Frozen Heart
    Wit's End

hilariously tanky but still hurts because of the W. This build I use to sit at the enemy's bottom point by myself and say "nah, you're not getting this point back without alot of pain"

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    For anyone that missed the PA vs Riot games, after they were finished the streamers played some inhousey style games and added Nikasaur into the mix. They played one game and everyone had a bit of a laugh, then Nika and the spectators agreed that if Nika played a character she had never played before (which then got upped to everyone has to instalock random), everyone would donate $1 every time she died.
    We then added $5 every time she got a kill. Luckily she got Sion, so she had a little survivability, but still managed to go 3/9/xx so a whole bunch of $24s got donated (including one from her).

Overall a really good stream. Great fun had by all and lots of money raised!

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    I'm dreading the day the general population realizes Ryze is the strongest champion on Dominion right now.

• Options
    I'm a pretty big fan of Swain on Dominion, actually.

Birds everywhere~

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You're right, Taric isn't the best support. They're all situational and Taric is one of the more situational supports (less situational than Alistar though)

I would argue otherwise, no other support has as good cc nor as on demand as his stun is

Rent on
This discussion has been closed.