As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Wrestling Thread: Survivor Series this Sunday, Scott Steiner replies "SHUT UP"

• Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Ha Ha, I did the worst of anyone.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Ugh, went from 4th to 10th. I knew I was in trouble though, and had no confidence in my picks. Hopefully I'll do better at HiaC.

• Options
    Ok new picks are in and i am confident that this my third ppv will get me enough points to be beating everyone who has only picked one.

7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok, seriously, fuck some of these matches. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE THAT TRIPLE THREAT WWE TITLE MATCH.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Hrm, not as clear cut this time, but we'll see. Guaranteed 2 points though as Miz and Truth WILL be there, it wouldn't work for them not to be.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Woo hoo! Finally cracked the top 25

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote:
    Ok, seriously, fuck some of these matches. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE THAT TRIPLE THREAT WWE TITLE MATCH.

Are you serious? It all seemed pretty predictable to me. But I suppose I could get it all wrong.

• Options
    Goose! wrote:
    Nirya wrote:

Are you serious? It all seemed pretty predictable to me. But I suppose I could get it all wrong.

Well, let's look at it.

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara: It'd be logical to have the evil one win here to continue a feud but it's the WWE who knows.
    Beth vs KK: KK has won twice it'd be nice to throw Beth a bone (and also a title) but it's the WWE who knows.
    Sheamus vs Christian: Sheamus kills Christian. Anything else is a bad outcome.
    Henry vs Orton: Henry should win but this is Orton so who knows.
    Cena vs ADR vs Punk: Seriously what is even going on here. And there'll be all kinds of interference from everybody and their mother (and Shelton Benjamin's mother) so it's all up in the air.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I would offer my opinion but realistically it would just be more picks to avoid.

Edit: lets make this post useful by pointing out that broski t-shirts are 40%-48% off on wwe.com for the weekend.

Sir Headless VII on
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, something I meant to ask about when WWE announced their network, and we were all talking about programming...

One thing I was thinking about was from the ads for the Bobby Heenan DVD, which had him with his own talk show. Unlike other WWE "talk shows" (Piper's Pit, Cutting Edge, etc.) this seemed to have a real talk show-styled set-up, like Leno or Conan or something, complete with a live studio audience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtUXW39feg

Seems Vince had one, too, as seen at the start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsI-eYAQgP4

Thing is, these were before my time, and I'm genuinely curious about them. Were these in some sort of studio? It's just hard to imagine WWE doing something like this now, at least when they're on the road. But maybe stuff like this could round out the programming a bit?

I'd love to hear thoughts from those who remember this stuff, including who might be a good fit for it now.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Temporal ParadoxTemporal Paradox Registered User regular
    Picks are in, but with 0 confidence in them. Not seeing Raw or Smackdown the last 2 weeks does not help.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    If I'm still champ by the time Royal Rumble comes around that is when you should cash in Geebs. Dethrone me on my favorite PPV to make the victory all the sweeter.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    In any sane minded company they would keep Miz and Truth off the broadcast PPV and TV in general long enough for their "firing" to feel like something with a build, a story that arcs and earns a payoff.

WWE is not a sane company.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    Couldn't give a fuck about the Hell in a Cell PPV results even if I was strapped to a fuck givng machine. All I want is CM Punk to be champ again.

Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Nirya wrote:
    Goose! wrote:
    Nirya wrote:

Well, let's look at it.

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara: It'd be logical to have the evil one win here to continue a feud but it's the WWE who knows.
    Beth vs KK: KK has won twice it'd be nice to throw Beth a bone (and also a title) but it's the WWE who knows.
    Cena vs ADR vs Punk: Seriously what is even going on here. And there'll be all kinds of interference from everybody and their mother (and Shelton Benjamin's mother) so it's all up in the air.

These are my exact feelings. I went with ADR by Pin over Cena though.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    sal bandini wanna wrestle?!

fuck me at #16

yuck

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Oh look, Morrisxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is back.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Nirya wrote:
    Goose! wrote:
    Nirya wrote:

Well, let's look at it.

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara: probably not going to be stretched because I don't think they want Mistico around much longer.
    Beth vs KK: Vince and Co reportedly believe Kelly has been getting over lately as champ.
    Sheamus vs Christian: Not a HIAC I believe, so Christian by DQ
    Henry vs Orton: Its a HIAC, so Orton by pin
    Cena/ADR/Punk: They didn't think ADR was working as champion, I can't see them jumpiing back to it so quickly, and Punk still needs to be over so Cena over ADR.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The only picks I'm not sure about are Del Rio winning, the Beth match, and Sin Cara

I think they're gonna give Sheamus the win, just because it's against Christian

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I went with Christian just because conspiracy

same with ADR

Beth should win, but WWE

Henry should win if they want to keep him at this monster heel level he's at right now

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Nirya wrote:
    Oh look, Morrisxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is back.

Just call him Kisses

• Options
    If ever there was a guy that screamed 2 week champion, its Henry.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I almost picked Henry to win, simply because Orton was the last one standing before a PPV, and that normally spells doom

But then I remembered I was picking Henry to win a World title match for 2 PPVs in a row, and I thought better of that

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I don't see Henry keeping the belt either.

Orton has a DVD to sell.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    they've built up henry a lot though, and sheamus could get into a pretty good feud with him over the title

orton and cody rhodes have been putting on great matches lately and they could probably have a really nice feud that could keep orton distracted long enough to let someone else feud at the top for a while

especially with the reactions sheamus has been getting

• Options
    You know how sometimes Superstars has a match that's better than anything on RAW and Smackdown that week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8T3iXZAbI

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Woo hoo! I moved up two spots! Top of the card, here I come! :D

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Botchamania 186: Ed, Edd and Eddie Edwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5oM7FOGXY

...once again featuring Chuck Taylor getting injured by other indie workers!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Holy shit ROH's TV Title match was amazing.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    TEN MINUTES TO HIAC! What will happen tonight? Play SE++ Bingo at home and find out!

HIACBingo.png
    CenawinsLOL.png

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Got my picks in just in time.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    I love those bingo cards.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Christian vs Sheamus for opener, ten bucks on Sheamus.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Ooop, Miz/Truth at ringside, bought tickets, getting thrown out by Jonny Ace. They'll be back.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    2 Easy points for mostly everyone. Merry Christmas.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Is uh, is commentary not happening for anyone else?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    GON GET GOT

• Options
    Sheamus is hulking up!!!!

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Nevermind, my PPV was being stupid.

• Options