As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallaclave: This Thread be Broked. Find and use Other One

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vote was closed about 35 minutes ago.

narration eventually

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Day One

It was a slow day, with nobody really sure exactly how to get from one point to the next. Bad blood runs deep in Europe, and deeper still within the Holy City. These Cardinals, some of whom know each other only by name, have come together for a most austere purpose and in doing so, risk the chance of not advancing themselves any further.

It is no secret that Pope Daniel did not hold any love for Italy, He being from the frozen north of Germanic territory himself, he found the whole of the peninsula to wet, too humid, and he had made her inhabitants suffer for his misery. But This should all be in the past, long history forgotten, however, it seemed that some of the cardinals present could not stand the thought of another German Pope, lest this one be as curmudgeonly as the last. And so with a loud voice, and a soft whimper and a shake of the fist, two of the German delegation were removed from the Conclave, their names stricken from the parchments, to be inelligible for the Pointiest of Hats in the world.

Alas, though losing those two seemed to be tragic enough for the home of Pope Daniel, there was one more tragedy to unfold. In the dark corner of the room, far from the others, the body of another Cardinal was found, his face was bruised and beaten, his eye the left one, hanging from the nerve endings and sticking to his cheek, the right eye was long gone, and not a single Cardinal in the room could find it, though truthfully not many looked.

And yet, the screams of anger were not silenced by this, no, the French too had their moment of tragedy, when the body of two beloved sons of France were found crumpled in the corner, each had been garrotted with their rosary beads, their faces purple and soon to begin decaying. Though one had left France years before for Rome, deep within his robes, he still wore a Fleur de Lis.

A note was found in the center of the table, the handwriting rich and well practiced, and thought out, the words were clear, concise, and hopeful.

Give heed to the cause of the holy Roman Church, mother of all churches and teacher of the faith, whom you by the order of God, have consecrated by your blood. Against the Roman Church, you warned, lying teachers are rising, introducing ruinous sects, and drawing upon themselves speedy doom. Their tongues are fire, a restless evil, full of deadly poison. They have bitter zeal, contention in their hearts, and boast and lie against the truth.

No consensus has yet been made for the most holy of chairs. My hope is that a decision may come soon. Or we shall see what holy men these truly are.

The Dead

Stever777French Cardinal-Papal Archivist- Killed by Lutherans
    Gumpy-French Cardinal- Killed by Lutherans
    Cayrus- German Archivist- Killed by the Inquisition
    Spoit- German Cardinal- Exiled from conclave
    Vagrant_Winds- German Cardinal- Exiled from Conclave

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    PMs should all be out.

Wildcat is now playing.

Game on.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    OoOoOoOoOoO

Screw you all. I just got back from seeing the best band ever Blink-182 (and a lesser band called MCR). I don't even care you killed me.

Besides, you're all a bunch of paranoid nationalists for killing so many Germans when the Nazi's don't even exist yet. We'll remember and pay you back in WWII. Mark our words.

OoOoOoOoOoO

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    oooooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOO

Germany shall rise again!

oooooOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooo

edit: And for whoever Day 1'ed me, grudge forever.

Cayrus on
    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I haven't seen this many germans since, I can't actually talk about that time legally.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    So the vote trickles down! Well it seems that the vote is the inquisition.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Not the best of starts, no. But it's nothing we can't overcome. I'll have to think on it overnight.

Start of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 287)

EDIT: I don't know where you're getting the vote trickle idea from, That Dave Fella, considering Cayrus didn't get any votes yesterday. My bet is on the Inquisition being a vigilante kill; Spoit and vagrant_winds were the ones that received the vote on Day 1.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if each nationality had one special in the papal household. The inquisition is probably Spain's.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Well, that was messy.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    RoboPope... Shutting... Down...

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Oh, my bad! I thought a few people had voted for Cayrus.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Oh that wildcat. When will he stop killing people so he can play Phalla?

Look, all I did was pass him the sugar, all right?

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Kime for Pope! Also different coloured names, I wonder what the blue means...

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    The Blue/Orange is related to what country they were from. Stevers name being half purple is curious, but maybe thats because he was a special?

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Purple is the colour of the Papal Household mentioned in the OP, so yes, he was probably special. Considering he revealed as a seer I'm suprised he got stabbed though. Did the mafia get a lucky roleblock or are the Papal guards dropping the ball?

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    OK guys. Get ready for an EPIC REVEAL. Are you ready? I'll give you a second...

Still no? OK. I'll just leave this here then while you guys get ready.

• Options
    I am... dun dun dun
    The One True Faithful

What's so special about me? Well, the main thing is that I can win with any country (or religion). While I have an ethnicity, it is irrelevant to my VC. My goal is to see as little bloodshed as possible. All this killing is ruining my God sensors, or something. I guess legitimately religious people don't like to see others die over a power struggle? Seems silly. Anyway, this is going to be impossible with you guys running around like chickens with your heads cut off.

What I'm offering:

I'm willing to organize people into their country factions. As you may have guessed, getting organized on a proboard confers a bonus to your country. Since this bonus happens to be protective (I don't know specifically what it is, so don't bother asking), it's better for me to see you all organized ASAP.

How this should work:

Whoever wants can tell me their allegiance. I will then create a PM with everyone from the same country. I will not tell anyone who does not claim to be the same country as you your allegiance. Though it's based on just what people say, I think if I had the choice, I would answer this truthfully, because getting the bonus for your country is more important than finding out the members of one faction. This means the big question is, do you trust me to do this? That's up to you to decide.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    jdarksun's plan is actually similar to what I was going to propose. Between the two vote kills, two Lutheran kills and the Inquisition vig, there's going to be a lot of death, which the Lutherans can actually control 4/5 kills. We need to rigidly control the vote. I hope the papal election comes first in the order of actions, or we're hosed.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    The OP mentions that it's imperative to the success of your goal, but beyond that, nothing. If he is who he says it is he might've gotten extra information though.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I haven't seen this many germans since, I can't actually talk about that time legally.

this sounds like an interesting story......

but wow.... tough day for germany...

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I thought I read something about what MrTLicious said, but reading the start, I can't find it.
    Just this part
    Finding your brethren will be imperative to succeeding in your goals.
    Which doesn't quite have the same effect?

Oh wait, if you read the whispers from the all-mighty (hint hint) you'll see!

Retaba on
  • Options
    corvidae for classic Mafioso post-narration post!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Wiet wrote:
    Purple is the colour of the Papal Household mentioned in the OP, so yes, he was probably special. Considering he revealed as a seer I'm suprised he got stabbed though. Did the mafia get a lucky roleblock or are the Papal guards dropping the ball?

Clearly we were betrayed by the dirty Swiss! What grey deeds lurk in the heart of a neutral.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:
    I'm willing to organize people into their country factions. As you may have guessed, getting organized on a proboard confers a bonus to your country. Since this bonus happens to be protective (I don't know specifically what it is, so don't bother asking), it's better for me to see you all organized ASAP.
    This is the first I've heard of anything like that. Surely a bonus from getting organized with one's country would have been mentioned in the role PM or OP.

Surely it would have. Perhaps you are already organized, Jdarksun

MrT

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    RoboPope is with RoboChrist is RoboHeaven now.

May your hands ever be cold RoboPope.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I would hope that your vote for yourself is a joke MrT, for the truly faithful would be willing to step aside for the sake of the church.

Wildcat, that is a bit of a stretch isn't it?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Quite a bit to think about, huh. jdarksun's plan is an interesting one, but with a pretty extreme downside. I'm not fully on board with it yet, we've got to be patient before implementing it. (Not that there's enough votes in the most powerful block to force the papal vote anyways.) I'm more of a fan of taking things traditionally and eliminating the mafia before thinking about the end condition.

To address Baidol's concern regarding action order, the opening post says the order of actions is "Everything --> Vote". So the Papal vote is probably the last thing that happens, with the elimination vote acting just before that. Not that it should matter, or at least I hope there wouldn't be a situation where that would matter.

As for MrTLicious, I feel a bit conflicted. Getting organized is certainly a good idea, and the upsides to trusting a single unknown party to organize groups seem to outweigh the potential downsides. But I don't know if I like group creation via proxy on a personal level, it's kind of holding me back a bit. I'll have to think on it a bit more.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Okay this might seem silly, might seem like signing up to die, but my soul is prepared. Assuming there are only two kills besides the vote, I am going to announce that I am French, and would like to have any remaining French contact me. If a person from each nation makes a similar call, there won't be enough kills to put everyone down.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    I would hope that your vote for yourself is a joke MrT, for the truly faithful would be willing to step aside for the sake of the church.

Wildcat, that is a bit of a stretch isn't it?

My child, I would refer you to the ancient Papal doctrine of 'getting a temporary vote in early', along with 'de justibus de attempt to rattle the accused to see what his game is'.

• Options
    I also was informed to find friends, apparently you missed that bull, jdarksun?

This should have been done the 1st day, like noble 38thDoe, I am willing to die for my country. Italians, speak to me and we shall band together!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I, too, wish to reveal myself to Lutherans of various nationalities on Day 2.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Your right of course wildcat. I guess the most important thing is to discuss matters of faith at this time.

Where do you think of this passage MrT?
    How does it help, my brothers, when someone who has never done a single good act claims to have faith? Will that faith bring salvation?
    If one of the brothers or one of the sisters is in need of clothes and has not enough food to live on,
    and one of you says to them, 'I wish you well; keep yourself warm and eat plenty,' without giving them these bare necessities of life, then what good is that?
    In the same way faith, if good deeds do not go with it, is quite dead.
    But someone may say: So you have faith and I have good deeds? Show me this faith of yours without deeds, then! It is by my deeds that I will show you my faith.
    You believe in the one God -- that is creditable enough, but even the demons have the same belief, and they tremble with fear.
    Fool! Would you not like to know that faith without deeds is useless?
    Was not Abraham our father justified by his deed, because he offered his son Isaac on the altar?
    So you can see that his faith was working together with his deeds; his faith became perfect by what he did.
    In this way the scripture was fulfilled: Abraham put his faith in God, and this was considered as making him upright; and he received the name 'friend of God'.
    You see now that it is by deeds, and not only by believing, that someone is justified.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    oooooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOO

Mon Dieu!

oooooOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooo

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    piL's vote off of stever has undertones of heresy.

• Options
    I can agree with that.

jdarksun

Any further thoughts as to the identities of these errant cardinals?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The issue with organizing into our countries is that the Lutherans probably also have country affiliations, and even if they don't they can still lie about it and sneak in anyway. I feel like we should just admit that none of these proboards will be secure and just split us up at random if we do.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyM wrote:
    The issue with organizing into our countries is that the Lutherans probably also have country affiliations, and even if they don't they can still lie about it and sneak in anyway. I feel like we should just admit that none of these proboards will be secure and just split us up at random if we do.

The Lutherans most assuredly have country affiliations, as guaranteed by the Voice of God(tm). Basically, to put in the peasant's parlance, we are damned if we do and damned if we do not, so I do not mind damning them all and doing what's right by my countrymen.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    It is in everyone's interest to know who their country compatriots are. I think we are uncomfortable with the fact that this is really a 2-stage phalla, but that doesn't mean that knowledge is dangerous. I don't think the Lutherans particularly care what country you're from. They just want to see one of their own ascended. The boards just let you narrow down who you want to see in the papacy.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Actually, the heretics will want to whittle down the countries evenly so that no single alliance gains the needed votes, so by freely giving them our allegiances, they can more effectively target us