Options

Dark Souls -- PC Version Launches On Steam August 23rd!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Squall wrote:
    beat the damn gargoyle and rang the bell

now my choices are run past the unkillable lightning demon into the forest or into the undertown area with the unkillable ghosts

hmmm

lightning demon, Squall

run past that fucker

you can do it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    holy shit curse frogs

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Squall wrote:

now my choices are run past the unkillable lightning demon into the forest or into the undertown area with the unkillable ghosts

hmmm

Choice #3 is to continue deeper into the Burg.

You'll meet a very charming fellow.
    And his gigantic battle axe.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    also beat lightning demon first try :smug:

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    i did it before and killed a tree and then was like am i supposed to be here? maybe i should ring the bell first

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Lightning demon, Zak

don't ignore me

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    you get a nice titanite chink too

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm at the end of my rope here. I've tried crossing that damn dragon bridge at least 15 times to no avail. I'm avoiding the oil and yet even through my shield he's one shotting me.

There has to be some trick to getting across this damn thing and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

If I have to make the trip from the campfire to the bridge only to die within seconds one more time I'm going to throw my controller through my tv.

• Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    Squall wrote:

hmmm

I killed the lightning demon before I killed the gargoyles

Heavy soul arrows are pretty effective against him

• Options
    Maximum wrote:
    I'm at the end of my rope here. I've tried crossing that damn dragon bridge at least 15 times to no avail. I'm avoiding the oil and yet even through my shield he's one shotting me.

There has to be some trick to getting across this damn thing and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

If I have to make the trip from the campfire to the bridge only to die within seconds one more time I'm going to throw my controller through my tv.

be under 50% equip rate

Sprint on right side of bridge, you'll get hit, get up and duck into the stairway on the right

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Can I play this game as a hand to hand fighter? Because I would jizz if i can. I've never seen knuckle type weapons though..

http://n4g.com/news/851502/want-to-make-dark-souls-harder-let-your-fists-do-the-talking/com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzrQC5hlKOg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    guess it's time to buy a wand then

• Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Squall wrote:
    Can I play this game as a hand to hand fighter? Because I would jizz if i can. I've never seen knuckle type weapons though..

yes

i plan on doing this if i play again

I dare say this game is worth more than what I paid. It's like they knew everything I wanted even if I didn't know I wanted it. Then gave it to me.

thedude_frombaywatch on
    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    I hope that lightning demon kills Squall

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    your wish comes true multiple times a day

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    the lightning demon is kinda of a pain

i can kill him not that hard, but that jump and auto unlock attack he does is such a bitch move

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote:

be under 50% equip rate

Sprint on right side of bridge, you'll get hit, get up and duck into the stairway on the right

I could kiss you right now.

• Options
    I'm trying to figure out why being human is so necessary. Im having fun being zombie so far 5 hours in. Maybe that will change later. But, right now it doesn't seem so important if I only gain more flasks and help if I need it but that comes with the added danger of people invading me. I feel like the cons are out weighing the pro's here. I have to be missing something. Or maybe I just enjoy it the way i'm playing it...

• Options
    Squall wrote:
    your wish comes true multiple times a day

it's me

I am the lightning demon

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    The more humanity you have, the better item drop stat you have.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out why being human is so necessary. Im having fun being zombie so far 5 hours in. Maybe that will change later. But, right now it doesn't seem so important if I only gain more flasks and help if I need it but that comes with the added danger of people invading me. I feel like the cons are out weighing the pro's here. I have to be missing something. Or maybe I just enjoy it the way i'm playing it...

being human allows you to summon others, making zones alot easier when the monsters are tackled by two people (since zones themselves don't level up in health as compared to bosses when you have other phantoms in)

• Options
    oh thank goodness. I just found out that if you fall off a cliff or something. You won't lose your Humanity points for recovery. I'll be right there waiting for you wherever you fell off. Thank god

• Options
    yeah, it's cause they made blood pools to spawn 10 seconds before where you died

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote:

Unequip all of your armor and sprint. You won't even get hit. Just tried it and it worked.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Maximum wrote:

Unequip all of your armor and sprint. You won't even get hit. Just tried it and it worked.

I wish this was a viable strategy in more games

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote:
    the lightning demon is kinda of a pain

i can kill him not that hard, but that jump and auto unlock attack he does is such a bitch move

i cheesed this dude so hard. i got him to constantly shoot directly at a broken marble pillar while i pelted him with arrows from across the screen. i felt like i was cheating, but fuck this game.

We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • Options
    I died at the bridge. 3 humanity and souls. On my way fighting back. I died. ... Did I lose everything?

• Options
    I died at the bridge. 3 humanity and souls. On my way fighting back. I died. ... Did I lose everything?

Well, souls and humanity. If you got soul items, you are fine.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    yeah, t's a good idea to only redeem soul items right before you're going to use said souls, lest you die and lose them

• Options
    yeah, t's a good idea to only redeem soul items right before you're going to use said souls, lest you die and lose them

Oh man, that moment in Demon's Souls when you finish the final boss, start NG+(+++++...), and you have 140,000 souls and nowhere to save until you kill the first boss. It's like winning the lottery, and then having a bunch of people try to kill you while you go to the bank.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    played this a bit on my brother in law's xbox. It's Demon's souls, again. this would normally be a complaint, but it is one of the few games where more of the same with some tweaks is a pretty good deal. hopefully demon's dark souls continues the trend.

• Options

Oh man, that moment in Demon's Souls when you finish the final boss, start NG+(+++++...), and you have 140,000 souls and nowhere to save until you kill the first boss. It's like winning the lottery, and then having a bunch of people try to kill you while you go to the bank.
    Its just. I didn't know a boss fight would pop up at that point. Had I known I would have used all those souls :(

• Options

Its just. I didn't know a boss fight would pop up at that point. Had I known I would have used all those souls :(

It's really not a big deal, I've done it, too (in Dark Souls, even). Just try to remember, even though you might be carrying potentially tens of thousands of juicy souls, they aren't safe if you use them.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    just made it to the dragon.... damn how do i kill the dragon? is there any special way beyond arrow spam?

• Options

when you abandon a covenant, your name gets put into some sort of book of sinners

people can only invade you if you're human AND you're in that book

you can get out of the book by paying the priest that shows up in the church after taking out the boss there

but yeah i havent found much use for humanity yet other than blowing it on kindling when i have more than one to spend

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hello is there any reason not to get the 360 version if you have the choice of PS3 and 360 and just prefer the 360 controller

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Beasteh wrote:
    hello is there any reason not to get the 360 version if you have the choice of PS3 and 360 and just prefer the 360 controller

everyone will make fun of you for being different

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote:

you wont be able to give me ghost handies

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    im asking for karen 8->

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:

No, it's fine.

I'm trying to figure out why being human is so necessary. Im having fun being zombie so far 5 hours in. Maybe that will change later.

in addition to the above (+item find, being able to summon help, not looking like a dead dude), you also do more damage / have more hp / more resists or defense or something.

Also, some NPC's will react too you differently. And you can kindle fires.

So, yeah, there are reasons.

Squall wrote:
    people can only invade you if you're human AND you're in that book

you can get out of the book by paying the priest that shows up in the church after taking out the boss there

Fairly certain that's not true.

There are certain covenants that TARGET those people, but if I use a cracked red eye orb, I can go after anyone who's human. Even if they didn't sin.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
This discussion has been closed.