Options

Dark Souls -- PC Version Launches On Steam August 23rd!

• Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    Everytime i get a decent amount of souls from like, minibosses and whatnot, i keep losing it

god damnit

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    isnt that like the entire game

yes i got a load of souls time to FUCK

FUCK NO FUCK

FUCK

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    That was basically the premise of Demon's Souls as well.

Oh cool I totally just beat that impossible battle and I JUST FELL INTO A GOD DAMN HOLE FUCK

SHIT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Don't forget the homeward bone item that you can use to transport you to your last fire! Super handy if you find yourself in deep doodoo and stuck somewhere

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    lostwords wrote:
    Don't forget the homeward bone item that you can use to transport you to your last fire! Super handy if you find yourself in deep doodoo and stuck somewhere

I'm guessing that you get to keep all your souls when teleporting? If so that is such a good item.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    yeah i accidentally found a couple yesterday

now i have them on my quick slots

• Options
    Yep keep your souls. One of the merchant sells them for 800 souls too, I think. Not a bad idea to load up on those

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I think you can find 6 in the firelink shrine if you drop down the elevator shaft.

I am also having terrible urge to keep trying out different play styles, I may just end up playing through as a few different characters to make sure the one I am on currently is the one I want to play for the rest of the game.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    what is the deal with the skeletons in the graveyard at the start anyways? far as i can tell they dont drop any souls

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I watched a demo version of the game where I think they dropped souls, but since I believe they're infinitely respawning (they were in the demo anyway) they may have changed that in final release.

• Options
    but everything is infinitely respawning (sans bosses/minibosses)

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah but for regular enemies you have to go checkpoint to respawn stuff. These guys would just straight up never stop coming. It'd be a much quicker way to farm souls if they dropped them.

• Options
    I am rethinking my pyromancer start as the starting fire spell is lame as hell and misses half the time and I'm mostly just meeleing everyone anyway, so why not do warrior? But I feel like I've gone too far and I think I'm close to rescuing the pyromancy vendor so hopefully it improves. Been bad about improving stats, basically just doing it willy-nilly, pumping up str and dex to handle weapons and end for stamina, with no real set plan for the future.

And yet, I can't stop playing. That gargoyle fight was fun as fuck with backup summoned dudes. Think I'll just hang about there and lay out a white sigil, help
    Bros out at that part

• Options
    is there a way you can consistently get humanity? I'd like to lay out white sigils to help folks but I'm undead most of the time

• Options
    Killing enemies in an area where the area boss isn't dead will slowly get you humanity. Beyond that I think certain enemies will sometimes drop humanity, and I think a later game merchant sells it but its really expensive.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    that would explain how i accrued three humanity just farming dudes before the minotaur boss

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    What's up, Drake Sword?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    The spear is boss as hell.

• Options
    i dropped the scimitar for the winged spear a while back, i hated the backflip move

the only thing i miss is sidestepping other spear dudes and running them thru in one hit

cant backstab with the spear as far as i can tell

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    backstabbing with shit like clubs was the funniest thing in Demon's Souls
    kinda sad they removed it from weapons it makes no sense on :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Yeah but for regular enemies you have to go checkpoint to respawn stuff. These guys would just straight up never stop coming. It'd be a much quicker way to farm souls if they dropped them.

Are you sure? I've spent some time in the graveyard fighting skeletons and when I kill them, they stay dead.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    something about the skeletons confuses people, they seem to think that when they collapse it's because they died, but they actually just fall apart every time they take damage. And then they reform.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    There is a very distinct sound that most monsters make when you kill them

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    it's a very dumb sound

huurrahghghgghg *slump*

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Same sound you make during sex

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    no thats more of a hahruuloorff *weeps*

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Guess you have your own special sound for me <3

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    I am rethinking my pyromancer start as the starting fire spell is lame as hell and misses half the time and I'm mostly just meeleing everyone anyway, so why not do warrior? But I feel like I've gone too far and I think I'm close to rescuing the pyromancy vendor so hopefully it improves. Been bad about improving stats, basically just doing it willy-nilly, pumping up str and dex to handle weapons and end for stamina, with no real set plan for the future.

And yet, I can't stop playing. That gargoyle fight was fun as fuck with backup summoned dudes. Think I'll just hang about there and lay out a white sigil, help
    Bros out at that part

Starting over isn't so bad, I found I'd learned so much that repeating the same content breezes by.

• Options
    ha ha damnit that goddamn black knight in the burg
    I can kill him with a thief by backstabbing a lot, I can kill him with a pyromancer by casting, but the only way I was able to kill him with my knight was by jumping down from the stairs leading up to the tower before the taurus demon to a little ledge. He tries to follow and tumbled past the ledge to his doom. While this is hilarious, I couldn't get his drops that way D:
    And to taunt me he dropped his sword for my pyromancer who has no interest in using greatswords. And then the black knight up in the tower at the beginning of the parish area... he dropped his sword for my pyromancer as well, which is apparently an ULTRA greatsword. Ughhhhh.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:

FUCK NO FUCK

FUCK

Ok, ok it's cool.

I'll just run back to my blood stain.
    Oh these weak guys, whatever lemme just kill them real quick.
    Fuck. FUCK! NO!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    The guide is disappointingly unclear on this, does anyone know what the different weapon reinforcement types do?

Like lightning, fire, magic etc I can guess, but divine? Occult? Raw? Chaos? Buuuhhhh?

Also I think tonight I'm going to start again as a Thief, A) to see how rolling is (I've only played armored blockers so far) and B) to get the Master Key and something else because this game is unfair so I'll be likewise! 8-)

• Options
    Whatever you do, don't grab the ring that says it regenerates hp! It lies!

• Options
    Ledneh wrote:
    The guide is disappointingly unclear on this, does anyone know what the different weapon reinforcement types do?

Like lightning, fire, magic etc I can guess, but divine? Occult? Raw? Chaos? Buuuhhhh?

I read somewhere else that chaos weapons scale off of your humanity, and divine looks to make the weapon scale off of faith. Occult seems like it is a branching weapon upgrade after divine, not sure what raw does.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    Whatever you do, don't grab the ring that says it regenerates hp! It lies!

This annoyed me. I didn't even think about it until several hours in so I thought maybe I wasn't wearing it...nope, it just sucks.

• Options
    I don't really understand the point of the "gifts." Half of them don't do anything, what's the point?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Squall wrote:
    no thats more of a hahruuloorff *weeps*

i find this very darling

• Options
    nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:

FUCK NO FUCK

FUCK

Ok, ok it's cool.

Fuck. FUCK! NO!

This is me. The boss on the bridge in the Undead Burgh is kicking my ass right now. Any tips?

bannerpa.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Firebombs. Lots and lots of firebombs.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    nefyave wrote:
    TheStig wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:

FUCK NO FUCK

FUCK

Ok, ok it's cool.

Fuck. FUCK! NO!

This is me. The boss on the bridge in the Undead Burgh is kicking my ass right now. Any tips?

The taurus demon or the next thing?
    If it's the taurus demon, firebombs help a lot. Also if you climb up the tower the snipers were on, and then quickly jump off on top of him you can do the falling stab like on the demon in the asylum. If you wait on top of the tower for too long the demon climbs up with you though.
    If it's the next thing:
    You are just supposed to get around the dragon. If you sprint along the right side of the bridge you can reach the stairs halfway across it that you can duck down to avoid the fire breath. Down the stairs is a ladder you can kick to make a shortcut to the bonfire in the middle of the burg, and a path under the bridge that bypasses the dragon.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    my Taurus Demon strat: as soon as he jumps down, I run away and climb the tower, then drop-attack onto his head. From there it's all melee. The trick seems to be staying close to him, as counterintuitive as it sounds against something that big, but he's got deceptively long reach if you try to stay away. It's also possible to run/roll between his legs when you're up close.

Also, use the gold pine resin or whatever the lightning weapon-buff is. There's 3 in the chest on the balcony/garden overlooking the stairs to the tower that leads to the boss fight bridge. You access it through a house using the Residence key (purchased from the Undead Merchant earlier in the area)

This discussion has been closed.