As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Souls -- PC Version Launches On Steam August 23rd!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It was only really viable for katana builds, but I find it's a lot more fun to stab.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I just don't want to use a shield with a Wanderer, but I feel that if I leave the second hand empty I'm just crippling myself

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Shields are great, as long as you can roll with them, and make sure you have a physical and magical one handy. They're seldom good for both.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    I might actually just go out and buy Demon's Souls instead of this

for one thing, I'm going to get my ass kicked mercilessly by either game, and I'd rather have paid $20 for that game than $60

(I will try to actually play Demon's Souls this time around, though)

I agree, if only because Demon's Souls is a phenomenal game. And you can always ask for help. I'm always willing.

Team Sorcerer go!

I bought Demon's Souls!

My PSN name is Moriveth, for anyone that wants to help/harass me ingame

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Found this today (not much of a spoiler especially so since most of the names are in Japanese)

WorldMap.jpg

What's interesting is that if each area has one boss, then that's around 30 bosses in total. Not to mention the interconnectivity is pretty cool.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    getting the PS3 version

• Options
    Looks like Pyromancer is the new Royalty this time around

• Options
    I think if I ever do move onto Dark Souls I'll probably get the PS3 version. These games just seem like PS3 games.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Well if you want to do stuff with Demon's Souls online you'll have to do so within the week since the servers are getting shut down

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, seriously? I thought they were keeping that going into next year?

Looking it up, though, it seems like they are closing soon. Oh well. I can make it on my own. Maybe.

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    why is the quicklook making me want to get this game

i hate repeating work

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I like the fact that in Dark Souls you'll still get a few messages in the world even if you play completely offline

because, you know

I kind of have to

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Just get Demon's Souls, Squall, then we can suffer together

and trade hot tips

• Options
    Well, Demon's Souls has been out for two years now

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I just thought I remembered reading that they were extending it even further

but I was just remembering when they extended it, like, the second time

• Options
    You won't miss anything by not having the servers

Other than getting jumped by some random dinkus while you're trying to fight something else

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I think I'll miss messages, though

which really isn't a terrible thing, but I know they can be helpful sometimes

• Options
    ok, did some searching

pretty definitely going to go for a pole wielding Wanderer now, probably with a
    Master Key gift

going to be pretty sweet

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    i guess i can get it from amazon for $19?

am i willing to pay a $40 premium for something that looks considerably better

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Nah, they are extending it through 2012. But like CorproateLogo said, you are good either way.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3894846?start=0&tstart=0

• Options
    Yeah, Demon's Souls isn't going anywhere. Also, post your soul level when/if you get stumped. I think my character's L70 at the lowest, but I can always cook up a new one.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    First character is 321
    Second character is 29
    And that's it so yeah...

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My main got to be around 70 by the time I stopped. I should get a couple days' practice before Dark Souls.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    whelp

I just preordered this

THANKS, THREAD

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    np np

also if you pre-order you get that sweet free upgrade to collector's edition with that amazing soundtrack and game guide

Threw in Demon's Souls for the first time in a LONG time today, and man I had gotten out of practice with the controls.

• Options
    Well, I've made it further in Demon's Souls now than I did when I owned it before

so that's good

I've only died twice on 1-1, and the second time was so dumb I could have easily avoided it

(I was going back to the entrance and fell down the stairwell)

• Options
    I've fallen down that stairwell a couple times myself

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ive realized the reason that im so enamoured with dark souls

the style, setting and boss design are makin me way nostalgic for shadow of the collossus, but I dunno if i can put up with the grind to enjoy it

maybe ill just rent? can you still do that?

• Options
    Redbox is gonna have it, so if there's one near you, you totally can!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I've fallen down that stairwell a couple times myself
    I warned you bro

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:

I'm amazed this is big enough to be in Redbox.
    like seriously Demon's Souls came out entirely under everyone's radars

• Options
    edited October 2011
    there are apparently ten of them within five miles, guess ill check their stock when it comes out, thanks!

Squall on
  • Options
    Aww man

I was doing pretty well then I got killed by a red spear guy

My bloodstain ended up right behind him

In my haste to get my souls I ran right up to the guy and duhh, just got murdered

This is why you don't rush through Demon's Souls

• Options
    Mortal Sky wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

I'm amazed this is big enough to be in Redbox.
    like seriously Demon's Souls came out entirely under everyone's radars

Until the big sites like Gamespot and IGN gave it Editor's choice and game of the year awards

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I wish these games were on PC as well

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I sold my 360, so I can't even play this :(

• Options
    i hardly ever use my ps3 anymore, this would be a good excuse

i mean, it would be if batman and uncharted weren't coming out soon

• Options
    I figure get this and AC:Rev, then get Skyrim sometime later

• Options
    I'm getting Skyrim and Saints Row: The Third next month

so I shouldn't get Dark Souls this month, really

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

oooh, may have to give this a try via Redbox then

belruelotterav-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.