As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Souls -- PC Version Launches On Steam August 23rd!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    wait before you get it. if the PC port's good get it there. if not, try the 360 with a gold subscription (not recommending the PS3 because there are just too many high-leveled tweaked up japanese super players that will immediately wreck your shit)

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i only play games on ps3, bro

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    then you will game online for free and get routinely destroyed by pyromancers wielding katanas three times the size of their bodies and wearing a metal pig head as a helmet

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    are you suggesting that doesn't happen on the 360?
    I feel sorry for xbox players then, they aren't getting the real dark souls experience!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah, getting invaded wasn't too fun last night when we were trying to clear Gargoyles out and do lower undead burg

which reminds me that I am in no way looking forward to doing the capra demon

• Options
    I never "got" the capra demon fight

almost all other boss fights revolve around figuring out the tactic you need to take and then trying to pull it off

but that one seems to be all about exploiting a glitch in the environment where it can't reach you and you can throw fire bombs at it

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I never "got" the capra demon fight

almost all other boss fights revolve around figuring out the tactic you need to take and then trying to pull it off

but that one seems to be all about exploiting a glitch in the environment where it can't reach you and you can throw fire bombs at it

it also requires just random luck

will you survive that first blow and subsequent follow through? lets see this time

not looking forward to him or the two dogs on my wizard character

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    There actually is a strategy for the Capra demon that doesn't involve glitching

You just can't fuck up

Like there is absolutely zero room for error on that one

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I remember the Capra demon going from really hard to really easy as soon as I could one hit his rat buddies and didn't have to worry about them too, didn't do any exploiting

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Matey wrote: »

You just can't fuck up

are you going to share what that strategy is or

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Killing Capra with my bow only character was probably the hardest boss fight in the game

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I think the hardest fight in the game for me was Ceaseless Discharge

I spent so much time trying to actually hurt him before I found out what I actually had to do to beat him

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    this is my favorite tumblr next to the moebius one
    http://fuckyeahpraisethesun.tumblr.com/

of course, it is not safe for work

• Options

You just can't fuck up

@Matey you on ps3 or 360?

also ceaseless discharge is such a hilarious boss due to the falling glitch

also the hardest boss fight besides capra demon would probably be smough &ornstein

• Options
    alt post: that is a really cool tumblr

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    PS3

• Options
    PS3

hit me up your ps3 name, should play sometime

I have a character at like 150+ and 23ish now

• Options
    let me get back to you on that

don't remember off the top

• Options
    aiite or just add me: CrazyDemonBunny

• Options
    also my main character is SL 157 if you or anyone is around that.

he's kind of a badass

• Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    this is my favorite tumblr next to the moebius one
    http://fuckyeahpraisethesun.tumblr.com/

of course, it is not safe for work

Oh my god the Crystal Lizard is adorable!

Spoilered for NSFW if you W with a bunch of prudes (bare chibi-Qualaag not-breasts)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21397963/Photo 12-06-23 8 22 18 PM (1).jpg
    (I had uploaded it from my iPad, thus the filename.)

Cymril on
    Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    can you link the crystal lizard picture

also, if you think something is nsfw link it instead of posting it with img tags so it doesn't get registered in work filters

• Options
  • Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    It should be up there, unless I've cached it somehow and it's not showing up for anyone else.

And it's really nothing, I spoilered it just to err so far on the side of caution that I'm... ok this analogy is getting away from me.

But I've changed it into a link just in case

Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Where's that gif I love

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I want to play this game pretty bad based pretty much only on Giant Bomb coverage

I heard some dude did a crazy speedrun of this game. If I watch it will it spoil the game for me? If not can someone link it? I gotta see this shit.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    I want to play this game pretty bad based pretty much only on Giant Bomb coverage

I heard some dude did a crazy speedrun of this game. If I watch it will it spoil the game for me? If not can someone link it? I gotta see this shit.

Yeah don't watch that. A lot of the fun of the game is heading into areas not having a clue what to expect, then getting utterly destroyed by it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    yeah i'd recommend going into the game as blind as possible

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    oh god

I have fallen in deep with Dark Souls lore videos on youtube

stayed until 01:30AM listening to people debating what differentiate Souls from Humanities and who's actually Priscilla;s mother

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    FirmSkater wrote: »

Yeah don't watch that. A lot of the fun of the game is heading into areas not having a clue what to expect, then getting utterly destroyed by it.

i watched a few video reviews and that's all i have watched, pretty much. I've bought, finished and put away (i can't bring myself to sell games after the shafting Gamestop gave me once) three or four games since I first thought about buying this game. It has been a long wait. That isn't ending any time soon. Goddamn vehicle needing shit

• Options
    Got the Capra Demon in 3 tries on my new mage character

that's rewarding as hell

• Options
    Not to mention great heavy soul arrow taking out 1/4 of its health each hit, that's also pretty awesome

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Hey guys I just got this video game after putting it off for forever because I could not really get into Demon's Souls despite liking things about it.

It is super rad!

Getting cursed really sucks and also the Capra Demon is a shitfucker.

I do not know anything about builds or what the good weapons and gear are. I am using guides a bit because I would like to have some fun here.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    I remember the Capra demon going from really hard to really easy as soon as I could one hit his rat buddies and didn't have to worry about them too, didn't do any exploiting

Yeah, I figured out (kind of with help, but mostly just confirmed what I thought) that you just need to get the fuck out of his way and kill his dogs. Dude is so much less dangerous when they aren't constantly keeping you from moving.

His super big hits can't be blocked, so you just have to stay really agile.

Being able to quickly one-hit each dog is super important here

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    The Hydra is awful and somebody told me to just come back to it later but goddammit I was so close to killing it that one time I think I'm gonna keep on throwing myself against it until I can beat it

• Options
    do you mind if i cut in, art?
    :)

I wish this game would hurry up and get here!
    i guess there is no way to play with your friends, right?

pretty much everything i have read about this game fascinates me

• Options
    Yeah I have no idea how the pvp or anything works.

I do not know of any way to get goin with other people.

Come on more people, discover this game with me and then post in here about the awful things you find.

I guess more people might be grabbing it once it launches on pc, despite them trying their hardest to make the PC version not worth getting

• Options
    i don't know, they did pretty much what they said they would do with the pc release
    it's basically a port, just like they said it would be
    if it sells OK, maybe the next game FROM makes... demon, dark... dire? will have a better budget for the PC version or something

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    guys how much will the dlc cost on xbox and also will it be there on the 24th??

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.