As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League Thread: Dragon ladies abound.

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    what did I do to that quote tree

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    it's just the curl of the burl

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    nice free champs this week

I wanna try riven and vayne

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Jars wrote: »
    I think amumu would be going bot initially which lets you farm minions a bit. you can pick up some serious gold spending 5 minutes pushing bot

5 min alone in Dom? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Not unrealistic. I've spent about that time push bottom as Heimerdinger, just me and the other guy guarding bottom.

That's how most of my Heimerdinger games go. Except for that one Rammus. Fuck that guy, spinning in behind to our point while I'm capturing their point.

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    someone find me a clip of barney gumble going

don't cry for me

i'm already dead

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    nealcm wrote:
    someone find me a clip of barney gumble going

don't cry for me

i'm already dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k23b54F1Eeo

• Options
    Enraged GuppiesEnraged Guppies Registered User regular
    Now I'm sad

Enraged Guppies

Giuseppe Grande
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Campion wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:
    I think amumu would be going bot initially which lets you farm minions a bit. you can pick up some serious gold spending 5 minutes pushing bot

Not unrealistic. I've spent about that time push bottom as Heimerdinger, just me and the other guy guarding bottom.

That's how most of my Heimerdinger games go. Except for that one Rammus. Fuck that guy, spinning in behind to our point while I'm capturing their point.

Maybe people just play Dom differently at a higher tier, but everyone's moving around far too much for me to push any part of the map unmolested for more than a minute. That's ignoring the slurs I get from players on my own team anytime I'm not doing exactly what they think I should be doing, but that's the LoL community for you.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Hey guys can we be friends, my name on LoL is Gnersh and I play Morgana and- oh. Yeah I guess that's cool. Yeah I'll just sit over here. If you want to play will you call me?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    forgot i can't play with jack and law at the same time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yddu27Y8lUA

do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Faynor wrote:
    forgot i can't play with jack and law at the same time
    Jack "Faynor" Donaghy

Real.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    does anyone else find it kind of funny that druhim dislikes slurs being addressed towards him for playing wrong or am i alone in thinking theres a parallel between that and how he talks to people he thinks are dumb on the forums

just brainstorming here no foul

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    SoaL wrote:
    it's just the curl of the burl

I think i've listened to that song fifty times this weekend alone

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    does anyone else find it kind of funny that druhim dislikes slurs being addressed towards him for playing wrong or am i alone in thinking theres a parallel between that and how he talks to people he thinks are dumb on the forums

oh god, this is adorable
    yes, me calling someone stupid for say, claiming that some untested "natural remedy" is just as good as real medicine because of the placebo effect they've clearly misinterpreted is totally comparable to someone calling a teammate a worthless shitfucker because they don't know how to play a champion they've never used before

yes, brilliant
    good job

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Get outta here, passive aggression only.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Btw, we had a game last way too long earlier today, including Dan getting upset that he was going to be late for his ultimate frisbee game.

Obviously he needs to figure out his priorities.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    ultimate frisbee

yeah I guess that could be fun

if there were like steam golems and lycanthropes and yordles

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Druhim wrote:
    L|ama wrote: »

oh god, this is adorable
    yes, me calling someone stupid for say, claiming that some untested "natural remedy" is just as good as real medicine because of the placebo effect they've clearly misinterpreted is totally comparable to someone calling a teammate a worthless shitfucker because they don't know how to play a champion they've never used before

yes, brilliant
    good job

different things are important to different people

I will wholeheartedly agree that the way people treated you in summoner's rift to turn you off of it so vehemently was wrong, they went about it he wrong way

but some (like me!) enjoy succeeding in that sort of context so for someone to be like "hehe I think I will try out AD sona this game *dies a lot* (this is obviously an exaggerated example) and then to be like JEEZ IT'S JUST LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

that's not really fair!

you can think it's dumb that they care as much about league as you do about your science shit or whatever, but each are equally valid in y'alls respective minds

• Options
    i won my last game because of ad sona on the other team

why do people ad sona again?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    AD sona cannot work on dominion

but on SR it's shit-hot (my ad sona is #1 on the west coast rep it)

edit: my only sona game in my recent matches is AP. but that's just a disguise so no one finds out

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Campion wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

I always get a few minutes of solid farm at bot on sion. gives you a nice gold advantage to go ruin everyone because AD sion

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Guys, Garen is too much fun.

Although I wish Courage went further than a 25 point buff, but that would probably break it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Guys, Garen is too much fun.

Although I wish Courage went further than a 25 point buff, but that would probably break it.

It used to be 7/14/21/28/35, then they nerfed it to 5/10/15/20/25, then buffed it to 25 at all levels, so consider it a decent compromise.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    AD sona cannot work on dominion

but on SR it's shit-hot (my ad sona is #1 on the west coast rep it)

edit: my only sona game in my recent matches is AP. but that's just a disguise so no one finds out

I've seen an AD sona go 19/3/6 in Dominion. She had a pet Janna constantly following her and together they wreaked terror upon all. She wasn't exactly feeding off our goodness, she was waaaaaaaaaay better than anyone else in that game.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    boy I can't wait to play team xerath/kog/zilean (zilean included for stupid annoying range+damage on his bombs)

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Zilean is like, not even remotely in line to be on that team.

Ezreal Lux Galio Xerath Nidalee/Morgana/Ashe/Janna/Heimerdinger/Kogmaw/Maokai/Twisted Fate

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    And Cassiopeia.

Orianna is lame so it would kind of defeat the point.

• Options
    yeah i guess

just played a dumb game against kog & zil though, did bad in lane and got negatron to help deal with zilean and then teamfights started and kog shredded me it wasnt fair :(

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    people still getting hilariously worked up re: this videogame

• Options
    i havent had anyone real angry on my teams recently, its disappointing tbh

• Options
    how do I build riven and/or vayne?

• Options
    Build Vayne like a typical ranged carry

Doran's Blades until you feel you're safe, then go damage (Bloodthrister or Infinity Edge. Bloodthirster is generally more damage and you get the lifesteal, but when you die it gets reset obviously. If you do go I-Edge, probably grab a vamp sceptre before Zeal because Life Steal is good) and then a Zeal.

Then your build from there depends on comp. Maybe Last Whisper if they're building armor, GA if it'll make the difference, Banshee if you need to survive some magic guy, etc.

farm farm farm

• Options
    Enraged GuppiesEnraged Guppies Registered User regular
    I think you can just build Riven like lee sin because she also has ridiculous ad ratios but is in danger of dying without some sort of beef

Atmogs is great fun

Enraged Guppies

Giuseppe Grande
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if riven could use her shield or her leap attacks to go over walls she'd be unkillable

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    so nidalee

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    weoh weoh

• Options
    patchnotes a go go, baby
    New Skins in the Store

Runeborn Xerath
    Battlecast Xerath
    Cryocore Brand
    Officer Caitlyn
    League of Legends v1.0.0.126
    Xerath, the Magus Ascendant

Ascended Form (Passive): Xerath feeds on arcane power, making him increasingly resilient to physical harm. He converts a percentage of his Ability Power into Armor.
    Arcanopulse: Fires a long-range beam of energy, dealing magic damage to all targets hit.
    Locus of Power: Xerath anchors himself to a source of magical power, increasing the range of all spells and granting him bonus % Magic Penetration. Although he is immobilized while Locus of Power is active, his movement speed increases upon disabling the ability.
    Mage Chains: Deals magic damage to an enemy and marks them with Unstable Magic. The next spell Xerath strikes this enemy with stuns them.
    Arcane Barrage: Calls down a blast of arcane energy, dealing magic damage to all enemies in an area. May be cast up to three times before going on cooldown.
    Karthus

Fixed a bug where Requiem would sometimes not finish channeling when cast during Death Defied
    LeBlanc

Fixed a bug where Ethereal Chains would not root Master Yi
    Lee Sin

Sonic Wave
    Cooldown increased to 11/10/9/8/7 from 10/9/8/7/6
    Attack damage ratio reduced to .9 from 1
    Safe Guard range reduced to 700 from 750
    Malphite

Brutal Strikes
    Modified the shape and range of Brutal Strike's passive cleave component.
    Added a visual indicator on targets hit by Brutal Strikes
    Malzahar

Fixed a bug where Call of the Void would not finish casting if Malzahar died.
    Nether Grasp
    Fixed a bug where Nether Grasp couldn't break with distance
    Nether Grasp will now stop channeling if the target becomes a zombie
    Mordekaiser

Creeping Death now properly gives assists
    Miss Fortune

Bullet Time now scales with attack damage and ability power
    Morgana

Soul Siphon spell vamp decreased to 10/20/30 from 15/25/35
    Black Shield ability power ratio reduced to .7 from .8
    Rammus

Fixed a bug where recommended items would not display for Rammus
    Singed

Poison Trail linger time reduced to 3.25 from 3.5
    Insanity Potion crowd control reduction lowered to 10/15/20% from 10/20/30%
    Taric

Radiance cooldown reduced to 60 seconds at all ranks from 100/90/80
    Tryndamere

Mocking Shout now properly gives assists if the slow is not applied
    Warwick

Infinite Duress
    Slowed down the first two ticks of damage slightly (before the first two ticks came almost instantly)
    Infinite Duress will now stop channeling if the target becomes a zombie
    The Crystal Scar

Ambient gold gain reduced by 7%
    Reduced the time range of the respawns to help early winning teams finish games
    General

Revised all item tooltips to have standardized vocabulary and formatting
    Adjusted Quicksilver Sash's cooldown to properly reflect the tooltip
    Creep camp minimap icons now update properly with all forms of vision
    Fixed a bug where Ignite's visual effect would sometimes persist far beyond the actual duration.
    Fixed a bug in which the Show/Hide HUD keybinding would always be F5, despite the selection in the options menu.
    Fixed a bug in which the ignite particles would persist forever in some circumstances.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    BRAND SKIN

This discussion has been closed.