As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    ...picking my favorite colors made my guy look silly...

the trick is to go with muted versions of those colors and also cut it with something like gray or gold or white. Stacking bright primary colors right next to one another is a good way to make your hero look like a circus reject.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Aww yusss double blades
    Wa-CHOW

screenshot_111012-21-53-30_1.jpg

screenshot_111012-21-53-53_2.jpg

screenshot_111012-21-53-41_3.jpg

screenshot_111012-21-53-30_4.jpg

edit: well I chose a really terrible time of day to take those pictures.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    gurusloth wrote:
    ...picking my favorite colors made my guy look silly...

the trick is to go with muted versions of those colors and also cut it with something like gray or gold or white. Stacking bright primary colors right next to one another is a good way to make your hero look like a circus reject.
    Yeah I did blue and white. But that meant either blue or white hair

Which I guess would work since he was an electricity guy, I dunno, maybe I'll give it another shot some day.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    You can set completely different colours for different costume parts, you wouldn't have needed blue or white hair, there's a tickbox on the designer which I think is on by default for setting a base colour on everything before changing details, my latest character has a blue outfit with black hair and golden weapons.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I'm bad at stuff.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So today I'm considering reinstalling this, I bought the Good vs Evil edition a couple years ago and played through my free month then quit

When I reinstall, how many of my 6-8 characters will I have access to? If its just 2 or 3 do I get to choose which ones?

I read somebody here talking about paying to unlock mastermind, my highest character was a mastermind, will I be able to play him without paying?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    I made a sweet shirtless karate scrapper

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the best shirtless characters have the monsterous chest hair because it is the best

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    this guy has sweet irezumi tattoos and slicked back hair

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Kwoaru wrote:
    So today I'm considering reinstalling this, I bought the Good vs Evil edition a couple years ago and played through my free month then quit

When I reinstall, how many of my 6-8 characters will I have access to? If its just 2 or 3 do I get to choose which ones?

I read somebody here talking about paying to unlock mastermind, my highest character was a mastermind, will I be able to play him without paying?

yeah, I think if you've ever bought the game, you'll have a good bit of stuff unlocked

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    If you only played for one month you will have very little unlocked. I haven't had an account go freemium yet myself but you should be able to choose from among your non-MM/controller characters.

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly sure old characters get grandfathered in, just if you decide to change their powers or locked costume pieces you are up shit-creek.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    they might if you bought the game, but not if you played a free trial, I can't use this dual guns guy I made a year ago

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Yeah, they don't take away anything from your existing characters, so you'll be able to jump back in.

However, you might have to unlock the characters. I had 4 characters slots that I could unlock when I started with the freeness.

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    I'll be totally honest, as sad as I am that IWSF doesn't like a game that I spent...($15...times 12 months...times six...) a bunch on, I'm thrilled. Because the really honestly fun part of this game, is the fucking costume editor.
    Granted, the amount of shit you don't get access to is mindboggling compared to what I get to dick around with, but now that the editor lets you at least *see* the part to see if you want it, it doesn't matter. Print Screen, save the screenshot somewhere.
    Because I have a blast sometimes just making weird costumes/character concepts.

Look at this shit:
    Shake.jpg
    screenshot_110130-04-19-27.jpg
    PyPython.jpg
    screenshot_100908-03-52-48.jpg
    screenshot_100831-22-22-00_1.jpg
    screenshot_2009-04-28-03-14-09.jpg
    screenshot_2009-04-12-03-38-34.jpg

Some of those things took me like, 5 minutes.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote:
    Shake.jpg
    screenshot_110130-04-19-27.jpg
    PyPython.jpg
    screenshot_100908-03-52-48.jpg
    screenshot_100831-22-22-00_1.jpg
    screenshot_2009-04-28-03-14-09.jpg
    screenshot_2009-04-12-03-38-34.jpg

You got a few nice bios there. I think this one I found during a visit to City Hall may top them however.

valleykitten.jpg

• Options
    I can't believe additional character slots are 480 and the minimum point purchase is 400

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I can't believe additional character slots are 480 and the minimum point purchase is 400

that way, you'll have another 320 (+some bonus amount) when you buy 800. aren't you so lucky?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I wish point systems with minimum purchases were illegal

I guess that sounds overdramatic

• Options
    Spend the extra points on auction/invention licenses, and then buy yourself something nice, an XP booster, or a nice bit of character decoration.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    man, I bought 1200 (plus I think 160 bonus) and spent it on a powerset and a bunch of costume stuff.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    now I have a steampunk tanker guy, that I think it pretty decent.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Quoting from the G&T thread.
    Robziel wrote:
    Haloween Event starts on the 20th http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/events/halloween_event.php

"Succeed in defeating Dr. Kane and his monstrosities and earn new rewards, including the new Bats aura, and the Murder of Crows costume change emote."

! Oh fuck yes

Wait... is that a Titan Weapon I see?
    halloween2011marketingl.th.jpg

10/14 EDIT: I thought I'd share this. It's a little busy but it still looks pretty nice.

juicer.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Having a really stupid idea then running with it is my favorite part of this game

guyfromexcitebike.jpg

Now to figure out whether he's a Titan Weapons brute or scrapper and what to pair it with :o

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    willpower is a pretty good one because you can basically make it invisible

plus it's pretty good

• Options
    My favourite characters so far are a mixture of bland and mediocre that feels comfortable and safe, possibly because I am terrible at design and don't want to do anything exciting or fancy with them.

Enjoy.
    Fyndir: Hero - Protector. Natural Scrapper / Warmace Willpower.
    Fyndir1.jpg

Fyndir: Villian - Virtue. Natural Blaster / Assault Rifle Devices.
    Fyndir2.jpg

Fyndyr: Villian - Virtue. Mutation Scrapper / Broad Sword Shield Defense.
    Fyndyr.jpg

• Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    Fire because everything is better with fire.

• Options
    littlebitsisters.jpg

Thought this was a nice bit of theme-matching. Nice designs too.

• Options
    I really need to come up with better character ideas

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, when is Titan Weapon coming out? That sounds like a good fit for a dude I want to make

• Options
    [L][L] Lincoln, NERegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So the halloween costume pack came out today. Complete with medusa hair, bat auras, piranha-heads, and among other things... A BRAIN IN A JAR.
    Jarhead01B.jpg

The jar can have the brain and eyes, just the brain, or nothing at all. Buying the shit out of this as soon as I can come up with some sort of concept for that.

Here's a list of all the pieces in the bundle:
    Medusa Face
    Vampire Face
    Frilled AScot
    Fish Monster Gloves
    Fish monster boots
    Vampire High Collar Package for Capes
    Vampire Broach
    Spider WEb Wings
    Bats Aura
    Piranha Head
    Think Tank head package
    Beehive Hair
    Serpentine Hair

And a link to a thread with images of most of the pieces.

[L] on
  • Options
    Oh shit

• Options
    Why must they persist in releasing things I would buy?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I've already spent far too much on this game since it went "free", but no way in hell am I passing that up.

Also, a note on those pieces: The store currently says they'll only be available until mid-november. So pick 'em up while you can, I guess.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Tube! PROFESSOR BRAIN IN A JAR. I will PL him however much you need!

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    I dig this shot, if only because I love the idea that all my opponent would see is a bunch of purple arms punching him in the face
    screenshot_111018-18-51-57.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2011
    stupid batman being so good and making me not play this

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Alright, probably going to resub sometime in the next day or two. If anyone wants to shoot me your refer-a-friend thing, I'll gladly take it. Not sure how it works, if you need my email just PM me and I'll send it.

• Options
    the halloween thing started today

now that I finished batman I can probably make the time to hop in

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Narbus wrote:
    Tube! PROFESSOR BRAIN IN A JAR. I will PL him however much you need!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod I have the perfect name literally the best one