Options

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Gonna make a superstrength brute lady with a huuuuuge butt

Name:

The Bodonkadonk

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Gonna play this.

Gotta do it.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    for some reason I thought this was through steam

it isn't through steam, is it?

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    nope, they got their own doodad I think

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    aw man

everything should be through steam

it's convenient

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    So the servers are pretty busy now I'm guessing? I originally made a character on virtue but couldn't really catch the PA folks due to timezones, and then on my second resub I made one on freedom and that was a bit better, but as I got into the middle levels I struggled to find a group to play with.

There used to be an australian sg in the ancient times, but that was defunct before I ever played.

• Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    Awesome, people are gathering on Virtue. I think that's where all my characters are!

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Wasn't Virtue the go to roleplaying servoasuhjvgajsgasgduiajk

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    also, if you own Going Rogue or are a subscriber or you purchase the system with Rewards points, you can actually change your dude's alignment starting at level 20.

a hero can become a villain, and a villain can become a hero

although inbetween them are two "grey" alignments, Vigilante and Rogue, which are heroes or villains respectively that can also travel to the other alignment's city and pal around with the other side some

and they get unique missions that reflect their morality

I should mention here that the Vigilante and Rogue mission texts own fuckin bones

Especially some of the Vigilante ones, stone cold motherfuckers make Batman look like a pussy

• Options
    Hey how do I see if I'm properly identified as Premium or not? My account page says Account Type: Free but I've been playing this damn game from the word go, so vOv

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I'm on virtue

going to atlas park

might make my villainess since THE GREENROCKET is done

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I can't wait to turn some characters rogue / vigilante. ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuck that's gonna be so cool.

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    yeah the game is trying to tell me that my account type is free, but shouldn't I be something else since I paid for the game way back whenever?

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Huh, my account type is set as free despite me signing in with my account that has the CoV boxset linked to it. Which means I can't play any of my old characters as they are Controllers and for some reason that archetype is locked. Oh well, no CoH for me.

• Options
    @Kayne Red Robe

no, all the usual archetypes are free

you have to unlock it, but they give you free things to unlock them, so

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Is the unlocking of the Mastermind and Controller permanent? I'm guessing not since the reason behind the whole thing is server-load.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Damn, getting a character name is a bitch.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Henroid wrote:
    Is the unlocking of the Mastermind and Controller permanent? I'm guessing not since the reason behind the whole thing is server-load.

If you pay to unlock them or unlock them with tokens they are unlocked forever and ever, unless there's some specific Unlock For Thirty Days option

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    If you're actually subscribed you can join the penny arcade global chat (/chan_join Penny Arcade, I think the command is, or do it through the option in the chat window context menu.) If you're not either subbed or a decently long-time premium member you can't join global chats, though.

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Henroid wrote:

If you pay to unlock them or unlock them with tokens they are unlocked forever and ever, unless there's some specific Unlock For Thirty Days option

Awesome. I came up with a new idea for a Mastermind character and was worried about whether or not I should bother. :^:

• Options
    I guess this game doesn't cooperate with windows 7 DPI settings anymore? I had it at 150% because my computer is attached to a 50" but I'm seated like nine feet from the thing, so without that zoom I can't read text for shit

But if I don't turn it to 100% the resolution, for lack of a better term, 'freaks the fuck out'

That's... really lame!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    fuck.

yes.

• Options
    can someone catch me up on how the archetypes are now

like, last time I played, masterminds were mediocre and stalkers were shit after they blew their Hide

how are all the guys

particularly, how are Masterminds in general,
    how do Stalkers, Brutes and Scrappers stack up against each other
    and how do Corruptors and Blasters compare

I don't mean "well one has higher damage primaries," I mean how are they in terms of balance

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    CoX is one of my favorite games

until like level 20 and then it ended up getting really boring

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I am installing and attempting to remember my account info as I type this! Would like to see how it has changed

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    can someone catch me up on how the archetypes are now

like, last time I played, masterminds were mediocre and stalkers were shit after they blew their Hide

how are all the guys

particularly, how are Masterminds in general,
    how do Stalkers, Brutes and Scrappers stack up against each other
    and how do Corruptors and Blasters compare

I don't mean "well one has higher damage primaries," I mean how are they in terms of balance

I think stalkers are still pretty weak, but I'm pretty sure they fixed the issues with masterminds. Most classes outside of like, defenders and the squids are pretty viable.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    god I don't even remember my old account names.

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    TWO character slots

>:|

man

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    You can buy more at the Paragon Market if you're so inclined.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I bought City of Heroes on day 1, City of Villains pre-ordered and beta'd, Going Rogue... and, at minimum, four years of paid account time... probably closer to 5

Somehow that only equates to five free character slots and few of the newer-ish costume sets unlocked

At least you can sorta-kinda have capes at level 1 now.

Still trying to think about what I really want to play.

• Options
    yeah, a lot of the costume sets were pay-only even before the game went free-to-play

and I think through some of the rewards in the incarnate system (which is VIP only) you can unlock certain costume things for level 1 characters, like capes and such. I think.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote:

but

TWO

IS
    A
    VERY SMALL NUMBER

despite the fact that I have previously bought the game, had an account for over a year, I still only get two global slots

it's not a deal breaker but it's disappointing

• Options
    Jasconius wrote:
    I bought City of Heroes on day 1, City of Villains pre-ordered and beta'd, Going Rogue... and, at minimum, four years of paid account time... probably closer to 5

Somehow that only equates to five free character slots and few of the newer-ish costume sets unlocked

At least you can sorta-kinda have capes at level 1 now.

Still trying to think about what I really want to play.

you can have shoulder capes and short gay capes for free

cool things cost money

• Options
    Raneados wrote:
    Owenashi wrote:

but

TWO

IS
    A
    VERY SMALL NUMBER

despite the fact that I have previously bought the game, had an account for over a year, I still only get two global slots

it's not a deal breaker but it's disappointing

it is disappointing, but it's pretty standard for free-to-play mmos to limit the character slots for non-subscribers

it just sucks with a game like this where you want to just keep making more and more new characters

• Options
    seriously

I love my CoX alts

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    My biggest challenge is not making robots

i always start with non-robot intentions

then sure enough

robots

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    That's understandable as robots or any high-tech armor character are quite sweet.

• Options
    it helps that a lot of the robot parts

parts that USED to be useable without paying for them in the store, like the clockwork stuff

cost money

so pfft no more robos

• Options
    the clockwork stuff is free if you bought going rogue 8-)

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    the cyborg pack was worth whatever I paid for it a year and a half ago

sweet robot parts, neat targeting hud combat aura thing, robot dance emote

xmassig2.gif