As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

strange health problem [Im going to wait and see what the doctor tourns up lock please]

republic of merepublic of me Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok Saturday night I went to bed (I was baby sitting for a frenimy of mine so i wasnt drinking) and suddenly i was overcome with a severe feeling of anger, but not anger at any one or anything just angry for no reason. Then anger tourned to frustration and i started crying then i started seeing wierd colours and geometric patterns floating around in the dark in front of me. Its wierd this kind of stuff used to happen to me as a child and my mom put it down to imagination and i put it down to the same when i grew up. However this appears to be retourning with a vengance. It first started with me hearing things a few weeks ago and seeing the cat where he wasnt etc, I cant find anything that explains this i am reasonably healthy despite being a smoker, my blood presure has always been good, my peak flow level is good, and my doctor is stumped. Im being sent in for blood work. Has anybody got any idea what this is?

republic of me on

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2011
    its-not-lupus-black-t-shirt.jpg

In all seriousness though... Hm, let's see. Could be psychological. How old are you?

Differential Diagnosis:
    Rage
    Audio and visual hallucinations

Do you get odd "ideas" in your head during these episodes?

Gigazombie Cybermage on
  • Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    OP has a ton of shit going on from what I recall, so I don't know if I would classify this as a "sudden onset".

• Options
    MalodineMalodine Registered User regular
    I get anxiety / panic attacks every once in a while that sound similar to this. When I get them I get very angry for no reason and go into OCD like behaviors. I however do not see anything abnormal when this occurs. I am on meds to help with this but every once in a while they still occur. I would definitely talk to a doc about this. I didn’t for a long time but had a bad one while driving and had to pull over in a parking lot (it scared the crap out of me because my wife was in the car and I didn’t want to do something that could hurt her).

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  • Options
    I do get strange ideas some times like ideas for paintings and sometimes simply crazy stuff like the sudden urge to run. Or wanting to dissapear or become invisable. I am 20 years old. And i have been diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago, previous to this they thaught i had ADHD but I thaught halucinations have nothing to realy do with bipolar disorder?

Also i wish to appologise for the spelling my spell check is in czech thanks to a certain some one >:(

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Skoal Cat wrote:
    OP has a ton of shit going on from what I recall, so I don't know if I would classify this as a "sudden onset".

I wish you could still lime things. Cause this would be the limiest thing I've ever limed in my liming lime.

The geometric shapes is what happens when you press in on your eyes really hard. The rest of it? Only a doctor or psychiatrist is going to be able to tell you for sure.
    I do get strange ideas some times like ideas for paintings and sometimes simply crazy stuff like the sudden urge to run. Or wanting to dissapear or become invisable. I am 20 years old. And i have been diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago, previous to this they thaught i had ADHD but I thaught halucinations have nothing to realy do with bipolar disorder?

Oh hey, there you go.

Esh on
  • Options
    Skoal Cat wrote:

Well while there is a lot wrong with me i havent had halucanations sence i was a child ( they disappeared when i was around 10) So a sudden retourn is strange especialy when i am on medication and have been on the same medication for over a year

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    didn't your doctor refer you to a neurologist?

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That was gonna be by next question Paladin. Definitely get a referal for that.

• Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Skoal Cat wrote:

Well while there is a lot wrong with me i havent had halucanations sence i was a child ( they disappeared when i was around 10) So a sudden retourn is strange especialy when i am on medication and have been on the same medication for over a year

It could be anything from reacting bad to something new in your diet to added stress from (insert problem here) to your body changing (since you are still young) to a brand new completely unrelated problem. Either way, long term here Republic, you need to develop a very good long term relationship with some professional care providers and get them talking to each other too. Switching doctors or not seeing one for whatever reason is going to fuck you over so hard in the long term.

Skoal Cat on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    See a psychiatrist.

No, really.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Bipolar disorder runs in my family.

What you're describing is, for the most part, the gamut of a manic-depressive phase. To the extent that you're describing it, you need medication. No, really. You need medication to function normally.

Even with my extensive experience with Bipolar disorder, I've never heard hallucinations described unless it's coupled with drugs of some sort. Still, not outside the realm.

See a psychiatrist. Everyone I've known in your position who did, was a lot better off just as soon as the Doc found the right meds.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    I would see both a neurologist and a psychologist. With you describing it as "sudden onset" hallucinations you want to make sure that there isn't something structurally wrong with your brain causing the hallucinations and possibly worsening the bipolar before you start adjusting the treatment of your long-standing medical conditions that weren't previously causing these symptoms. But at the same time it also important to make sure that your current medications are still working for you and controlling your disease.

Also, when you do see a doctor (either one) tell them about any medication changes, even if they seem completely unrelated like an antibiotic or an OCP (I have no idea if you are male or female)

Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    Well I have a long standing relationship with my GP he is my family doctor and it was him that first suspected bipolar. My auntie and 2 of my cousins have it too. I also have a cousin with schitsoeffective disorder (im not sure thats how you spell it) post traumatic stress is a family problem too i come from a milatary back ground, my grandmother being the worst sufferer she was a nurse in world war 2 and used to get flash backs.

My GP is sending me for blood tests and sending me to some sort of a consultant, he didnt say what type. Its unlikely to be stress things are good lately, even with all my partners faults we have a very stable relationship he understands me his mother was bipolar too, I did a big life clear out and got rid of a lot of parasitic and trouble makeing friends after one of them who i was mistakenly tried to help left drugs in my car, then threatened me with violence when i told her i threw them in the fire. Only problem is that this left me with only 4 friends that arent related to me or friends of my brother, and out of those 4 good friends only one is another woman

I havent recieved any psychiatric care sence i tourned 18 and was no longer under the care of child mental health services. My only option is to go privatly which is very expensive there is a masive shortage of mental health services in my region. My mom has a friend with severe mental health issues and she didnt recieve care until she went completely insane and dissapeared for a month and was listed as a missing person she was committed to the mental ward of the hospital by her brother and recieved little after care when released.

I saw her recently she used to be a career woman working for a simi state company and now she looks more like a crazy cat lady, also unemployed.

So given the state of the psychiatric services in my region I think I will see what my proven and dependable GP tourns up. I will also say to him about going to a neuroligist.

Thanks for the help but im not sure the internet can help me i just need to wait and see what tourns up.
    However patience isnt my strong suit

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I.. what.

Post-traumatic stress is not hereditary. I just don't even. There aren't words to describe how ridiculous that line of thinking is.

I don't know about the internet at large and I'm certainly no psychiatrist, but I'm pretty sure that you should go see one because H/A sure can't help you and every time you make one of these threads I tear my hair out because I know it's going to end up with you making some ridiculous story-post so fucked up that either you should be seeking professional mental care immediately or you are a pathological liar.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.