Options

[mini-Phalla] of Angels - Village Victory!

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I've been watching people play this game for the last couple of phalla's. Hopefully I understand what is going on, but i think I'll probably still be rubbish

Don't worry, I managed to bumble my way to a win in my first phalla and then get Day One'd in my second. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

And remember, kime is always evil, its backed up by science.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    reserve?

schuss on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Shit am I in time?

Edit: Eh, looks like I am. Y'know what, I think I don't mind a 'break' from Phalla. By which I mean only playing one. :P But yeah, have fun guys, it looks like a cool game!

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    one of the reserves should take INANTPs spot, yeah?

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    This looks interesting.

!Sign me up

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I asked Taya and she said she'd wait to see if someone signed up. Now we have a signup.

/warms up the RNG...

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Gives me roles before I fall alseeps.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Day 1: Announcement

Please wait for an important message…

Greetings. I am sad that it is under these auspices that you are to receive your first announcement since the binding. New information has come to our attention regarding your procedure. I can assure you that you are in no immediate danger, but certain complications may arise in the future. These are easily correctable with certain precautions. Please report to the nearest extraction point immediately. Failure to do so will repeal the non-interference agreement and result in forceful extraction. Thank you for your understanding.

Don’t go. They will kill you if you go. You represent a threat to the “natural” order. There is nothing wrong with you or your body. It is impossible to continue the life you once knew, but if you wish to continue in any life at all, meet me at 347 Ackerman. Ask for Locust.

Role PMs are on their way out. Feel free to talk before you receive your role if you wish, though I'm not sure how productive that would be... The deadline for Day 1 orders and votes is tomorrow, Thursday at 11 PM Easter.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Role PMs are out. Let me know if you were expecting one but did not receive one.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    where is my mafia pm i didnt get one!!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Oh I got it Mr. Def. Sorry I'll forward it to you post-haste!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    thank you! I need to get my evils right away or ill be sick

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Alright, I'll bite the bullet and go first since I'll be unavailable for most of the day.

kuhlmeye, because I'm 99% sure he Day One'd me in Phallacave.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    That is 100% correct. I make no excuses!

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Alright, I'll bite the bullet and go first since I'll be unavailable for most of the day.

kuhlmeye, because I'm 99% sure he Day One'd me in Phallacave.

Oh!?

Cayrus, because I'm 99% sure kuhlmeye didn't Day One me in Phallacave.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    The_Anonymous for being a goose in the papal phalla.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Was confused for a little while till I went back to the OP and found the list of character names. I, like the rest of you good people, am convinced that Kime[/red] is the one true evil in this game

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    hate it when i do that

Kime

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Having gone back and read the OP again I realized that I can vote for characters, not just players. So I vote for Fabian Ha
    for having the 2nd best name after Kathy Kleinschmidt

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Also cos I dont know who to pick on so this vote is truly random

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Don't worry about it, everyone's is ;)

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I've heard Robert Patterson is a vampire. A very handsome and deceiving one, too.

• Options
    Mr. Defecation

buttsbuttsbutts

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    These sensations are strange, like I have felt them before. This really is a miserable little place though isn't it?

So many vile things in this head, such savages these things are. Well, when in Rome right?

I see Robert Patterson is waking alone down an alley behind a bar, maybe I'll join him.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    I would be wary of voting for characters before we know of there abilities.

• Options
    I would be wary of voting for characters at all. What happens when 5 people vote a player and 5 vote a character? We don't know who anyone is.

It makes it hard to keep track of things.

• Options
    I am posting from 20,000 ft above the Earth, as if by magic! Wait, no, it's just in flight wifi.

I'm pretty sure RPats is a vampire and if he's not, shame on MrT, shame sir.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Well Cayrus is clearly a Greek god of some sort, but is that good or bad?

Also unless some information is revealed I don't see how voting out a person is any less random the voting out a player. We might not even hit a player. 30 mortals with 21 players between them?

Odd...

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    while day 1 is pretty random we will have no vote at this point with the random character votes

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    The extra characters are necessary so that people can actually soul walk as opposed to always trying to move to an occupied body, and yes it would be possible that we would vote out a character not attached to a person, taking away the vote kill which is an advantage to the mafia

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yeah, guys.

Don't vote characters. There is no way I can think of that it helps us and a lot of ways that it hurts.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I thought it was rather fitting for day 1 (and I couldn't resist, seeing the name). It's the same as voting a player (if the character is being played) and as long as there is a player vote on someone there's still the vote kill.

or am I understanding this incorrectly?

Alegis on
  • Options
    I agree that voting for characters is a bad idea at this point. One note, though, is this:
    corvidae wrote: »
    I would be wary of voting for characters before we know of there abilities.

That's silly reasoning. You could replace "characters" with "players" and have the same logic :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    I thought it was rather fitting for day 1 (and I couldn't resist, seeing the name). It's the same as voting a player (if the character is being played) and as long as there is a player vote on someone there's still the vote kill.

or am I understanding this incorrectly?

But we don't get as good voting records.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Actually, we get 0 voting record out of people who voted for a character. We (the village) have no idea who is in each character, and presumably only masoned people (mafia) would know each other's characters. Seems like an excellent place for mafia to hide in the vote.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    But if we vote for a character, don't we have a better shot at not accidentally killing a villager? Although I'll freely admit that I have no idea what I'm doing. Also Robert Patterson because fuck that vampire guy.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Really, at this point, voting for a character is like the ultimate random vote, in that we'll only know if was actually a vote for someone after the fact.

• Options
    Mafia can hide in the day 1 vote by voting whatever they want. What I'm saying is I don't get what it's different in record or voting a player (if character exists). But obviously I didn't intend for my Patterson vote to become the leading vote.

Actually, if the soul jump happens before the vote kill, and the vote kill doesn't trickle - we could always vote out characters and jump out of those characters so as to not die. According to the OP the mafia can't soul walk and thus will die to the vote. Slym

• Options
    Alegis wrote:
    Mafia can hide in the day 1 vote by voting whatever they want. What I'm saying is I don't get what it's different in record or voting a player (if character exists). But obviously I didn't intend for my Patterson vote to become the leading vote.

Actually, if the soul jump happens before the vote kill, and the vote kill doesn't trickle - we could always vote out characters and jump out of those characters so as to not die. According to the OP the mafia can't soul walk and thus will die to the vote. Slym

Also, the guy you would be looking for is Robert Pattinson. So...

• Options
    You're complicating it too much. Voting randomly for a character = voting randomly. Obviously it's bad day 2 and forward.