Options

[mini-Phalla] of Angels - Village Victory!

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Man, how are we gonna set up a village network when we don't even know who's whom?

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Capfalcon wrote:
    ... Didn't I send out a PM about that saying that I was moving and I had to pack up everything, which meant I couldn't keep the board straight anymore?

Is it possible you sent it to everyone but me? I would've definitely noticed a PM, or a post in the thread, but I saw neither. Thus I am disappointed you're still alive. Capfalcon

Edit: Void Slayer also didn't know the game was abandoned until Tmoiy told him.

Edit #2: And psolms had no clue as well.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    We-ell, the less body-switching there is, the less confusing things get. First step would be for all the villagers possessing specials to stay put, I think. Others might take a chance at moving in hopes that some of the six remaining soulless bodies have abilities. Buuuuut that risks withering, especially since the body-less can't communicate to set up a switch.

• Options
    I'm sticking with my Day 1 vote.
    blahmcblah
    You demon!

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    That's ok, stever. <3

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    We-ell, the less body-switching there is, the less confusing things get. First step would be for all the villagers possessing specials to stay put, I think. Others might take a chance at moving in hopes that some of the six remaining soulless bodies have abilities. Buuuuut that risks withering, especially since the body-less can't communicate to set up a switch.

Wait, what?

I thought that if I tried to move and the body was occupied I would just go back to my original body. Is that not the case? Or does that not happen if someone tries to move into my body while I'm moving? This makes my head hurt

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Will there be any kind of global notification when a player's soul is forcibly evicted? Also, can people send PMs to that person even though they're not allowed to reply?

If there isn't and you can't, loose souls seem kinda fucked.

• Options

Wait, what?

I thought that if I tried to move and the body was occupied I would just go back to my original body. Is that not the case? Or does that not happen if someone tries to move into my body while I'm moving? This makes my head hurt

Now that I look back at the OP, you're right. People don't drift about unless they choose to or are forcibly removed.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So hey duders.

The body I am currently inhabiting is a busdriver. I am saying this for a couple of reasons.

A.) I don't ever at all want a mafia busdriver running around without the village knowing about the possibility beforehand because I think we all know how that ends.
    B.) I can't do jack shit alone other than fuck other peoples' plans up, so I need people to talk to me.

So yeah. Talk to me about stuff, okay?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Thats a relief. Okay so the only real downside of moving is losing any powers that the body has.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Well, sounds like we have the other kind of angel floating around as well, a serial killer perhaps?

Also SLyM, just curious, do you target pawns or players?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    OP states that all character abilities target characters. Of course, we know that the ability to "evict" souls exists and that would probably fall under the "other soul abilities" category. Meaning slym is now in danger. Anybody want to bet that the one possession-capable mafia is a body-snatcher?

Are the mafia capable of targeting players directly?

• Options
    Wayne Anderson – Rebel Justice
    Paul Harris[Vig] – Rebel Justice

These must be mafia kills as they are rebels.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Have to say, I am really liking this game's mechanics.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    You are in the Soul Walk queue for: Paul Harris, [Vig] - Position 14/15

Estimated Time: N/A

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    So hey duders.

The body I am currently inhabiting is a busdriver. I am saying this for a couple of reasons.

A.) I don't ever at all want a mafia busdriver running around without the village knowing about the possibility beforehand because I think we all know how that ends.
    B.) I can't do jack shit alone other than fuck other peoples' plans up, so I need people to talk to me.

So yeah. Talk to me about stuff, okay?
    Since we know that the mafia cant soul walk I think its safe to assume that they wernt also given bodies with useless abilitys. (with maybe the exception of the one who can, shut up)

What I am getting at is that if you refuse to move, how can we be sure that you arent already a mafia busdriver pretending to be village alligned?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Will there be any kind of global notification when a player's soul is forcibly evicted? Also, can people send PMs to that person even though they're not allowed to reply?

There is no notification. As a general rule you should not be sending PMs to evicted players, though I realize there is no way to know that you are breaking this rule. It's an unfortunate circumstance for which I couldn't find an elegant solution.
    Are the mafia capable of targeting players directly?

CLARIFICATION DENIED

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DAMN THIS VAMPIRE BODY!!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Gonna throw out a placeholder vote for kime since I probably won't be around for vote close. Paperwork FTL. :(

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Morning Phalla-so three empty husks were removed last night I guess, seems like a pretty good day 1. O and hey look a busdriver-all aboard!

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I'm wondering why kuhlmeye didn't move out of the pattinson body to survive the vote? Didn't vote/put in orders or maybe there's an ability that can keep characters in bodies?

If so, probably a mafia ability (their counter to the 'vote only kills mafia' or body switching tactics?).

• Options
    edited October 2011
    So I'm out tonight and vote close is at 6am for me, I'm going to post a vote now so I can make sure I get one in. Although if you see me voting close to the vote close time I am either v drunk or it was a very disappointing night.

For no reason whatsoever Sega Tai

Shiny New Toys on
  • Options
    Hoping you come back drunk then

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    "Hey guys, I'm a good special, you can trust me! Now tell me everything you know!"

Right, SLyM, right.

Note that I do NOT think that SLyM is mafia... probably. But what he did was silly, and I'd like to make that noticeable. Also, I'm busy, so you know...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Well, at least we know there is a busdriver out there then.

• Options
    Slym, what's your host body's name? We can't really do anything about the mafia taking it unless we know that.

• Options
    Suppose Slym could become bodiless and we could kill the busdriver character if he gives us a name, makes sure the mafia don't gain a busdriver ability if Sylm doesn't think he can use it beneficially

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Suppose Slym could become bodiless and we could kill the busdriver character if he gives us a name, makes sure the mafia don't gain a busdriver ability if Sylm doesn't think he can use it beneficially

Yesss, that is a good plan.

You know, if we have another vig the vig could be dangerous too! He may hit villagers! We should try to find another vig and then we can kill that character too!

Same with seers and guards weeeeee~

:P

That's a silly plan

Steam profile
  • Options
    Yeah, intentionally killing off our specials is not such a great idea.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    corvidae

Random vote due to a suspicious feeling I get from him.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Capfalcon wrote:
    ... Didn't I send out a PM about that saying that I was moving and I had to pack up everything, which meant I couldn't keep the board straight anymore?

Is it possible you sent it to everyone but me? I would've definitely noticed a PM, or a post in the thread, but I saw neither. Thus I am disappointed you're still alive. Capfalcon

Edit: Void Slayer also didn't know the game was abandoned until Tmoiy told him.

Edit #2: And psolms had no clue as well.

...Whelp. I guess it didn't go through then. So, yeah. Pretty sorry about that.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    If someone gives me a better reason to vote for someone else or wants to network with me, I'm open to it. But until then I just have gut feelings or rng.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Void slayer for latching onto a stupid bandwagon.

• Options
    oh hey guys, since there are some new people - and because you technically can't even see edits these days:

It is very much looked down upon to edit a vote post. Yes, you are probably just editing it because you typed your code wrong or you want to put your reason or something really benign, but it just leaves too much open to player manipulation. For the host's sake, please do not edit your vote post. Most hosts will not count them. Which, here, unless you say that you edit it, we won't be able to tell, but honor system and all that.

• Options
    and with that Alegisp

• Options
    oh my glob

alegis

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    cayruss

Because I know you are mafia this time.

• Options
    Thanks for the example of bravely letting your mistakes show for all, Langly :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    corvidae wrote:
    cayruss

Because I know you are mafia this time.

...What?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I'll placeholder cayrus because the other votes seem to be a 8 way tie for second.

And that could be some terrible shenanigans.