As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steve Jobs is Dead

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Say what you will about Apple as a company but I always had respect for Steve Jobs. He really put himself out there and it's a shame he had to die at such a young age and in such a terrible way.

That being said, I don't think Apple will buckle under anytime soon. As smart as a guy as Jobs was, I'm sure he put all the pieces in place for when he first got sick.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:
    56 years old seems way too young to die in 2011

I can't imagine what his wife and kids are going through

I don't get this sentiment at all. Is there some miracle cure that was discovered this year? How old is old enough to die?
    It

it is a young age to die when the normal lifespan is more around 70-80?

That's the thing about an average. It means plenty of people die much younger. It's just an average. Like Death said in Sandman, "you get a lifetime, just like everyone else."

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    I don't think anyone thinks Apple is going under

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:
    Yeah 56 ain't that young to die of Cancer.

I now lots of people who lost younger dads

it's not that 56 is young to die of cancer

it's that it's shitty that cancer kills people so (relatively) young

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    DavidStarskyDavidStarsky The fiery red Torino sped in to the street... and we spilled into action.Registered User regular
    Can't wait to see a comic of Tycho and Charles at his funeral.

• Options
    Yeah, even speculating about Apple going under because of this is absurd.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    I've heard a few people throw it around that there will be some sort of small crisis or whatnot, though it just felt like people saying things to say things.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I figured that his stepping down meant he was going to hang around and occasionally get asked his opinion by the press on tech stuff Apple and other companies were doing, for about a decade or so.

Turns out he had some really eerie insight on the fact that his time was coming up fast. This is really sudden, I don't feel that way often about people passing, but holy shit.

Back in highschool I took film classes, and in sophomore year we had analog equipment. Old monitors with special deck stations for editing footage, shoulder-mounted cameras, all that. At the end of the year we were granted money from the state, and we spent it on digital cameras and Apple computers (when iMacs were the thing). iMovie became a pretty huge part of everything we did from there on, and we eventually got a couple G5 computer stations for the more involved film projects we did.

Most important about that though was my stupid highschool mind stepping away from the dumbass Apple / IBM 'feud' that people carry on today. Apple has its moments to shine even though I still haven't jumped in on the iPhone / iPad craze yet. But y'know what, Steve Jobs deserves a salute as far as I'm concerned.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I mean Andy Rooney is 92 years old, for Pete's sake

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    leave it to apple to be cutting jobs in this economy

oh my god

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Can't wait to see a comic of Tycho and Charles at his funeral.

Heh, a grim day for Charles to be sure.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

And he's a humorless prick. My mother told me years ago that the assholes are the ones that live a long time. I hate it when she's right.

• Options
    Hello WaterfaceHello Waterface Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller In the timbers of FennarioRegistered User regular
    Wow, man. Just... wow. I send good thoughts and vibes toward his family and loved ones. :-(

Welcome to Miami Beach, ladies and gentlemen. Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Please take my advice.
  • Options

Much like Stale, he's fueled by anger.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    I spelled know wrong, where is my cap

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Pourin' NeXTcube components on the ground.

• Options
    Didn't one comedian do a bit on how being an asshole makes you immune to cancer? I think it was Lewis Black, but don't quote me on that.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Magus` wrote:
    Didn't one comedian do a bit on how being an asshole makes you immune to cancer? I think it was Lewis Black

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    leave it to apple to be cutting jobs in this economy

oh my god

I'm not sure which version I prefer, that or

Hunter wrote:
    Another lost Jobs

Thanks Obama!

• Options
    DavidStarskyDavidStarsky The fiery red Torino sped in to the street... and we spilled into action.Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote:
    Didn't one comedian do a bit on how being an asshole makes you immune to cancer? I think it was Lewis Black, but don't quote me on that.

I have defied your command.

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    I figured that his stepping down meant he was going to hang around and occasionally get asked his opinion by the press on tech stuff Apple and other companies were doing, for about a decade or so.

Turns out he had some really eerie insight on the fact that his time was coming up fast.

Reminds me of when Charles Schultz passed away the week after he retired from Charlie Brown.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

Much like Stale, he's fueled by anger.

56 years would be a living Hell. I'm glad his pain is over and he can rest.

I'll be 32 soon, and my body is already mostly fallen apart. I fear growing any older. Period.

Take your 75+ lifespan and fuck off.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Henroid wrote:

Turns out he had some really eerie insight on the fact that his time was coming up fast.

Reminds me of when Charles Schultz passed away the week after he retired from Charlie Brown.

Was it really just a week later?

• Options
    Tough nuts Stale. Once you're dead we're turning you into a lich.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Now I wish I could remember who did the bit. Some Googling hasn't helped.

It was pretty funny.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Forum Double Post thing...
    *edit*

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    What is wrong with Andy Rooney

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Fuck off should never be in the same sentence as "75+" is.

• Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Huh.

Thanks for Pixar and the iPhone, Steve.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Apparently the forum is allowing for time travel posts.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    I don't think it's uncommon for people to have a sense of when their time is coming

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote:
    Any second now, every telephone in the world is going to ring simultaneously.

Ahaha, I adore this reference.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I think Stale will enjoy be a lich

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    I imagine stale going out like G'kar and Londo

only its him and that possum

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

Pyrex Phallic-Phalayctery

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think it's uncommon for people to have a sense of when their time is coming
    When you can afford doctors like the ones Steve fucking Jobs can, you can probably get a very good idea of how long you have left.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

We'll transplant Stale's mind into the World of Warcraft servers where he'll play an MMO for eternity.

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Was it really just a week later?

Checking on it, it turns out that he announced his retirement in December and died in February on the same day the last strip he drew was published.

• Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    *strokes chin thoughtfully*
    No

whatever you are thinking

I

oh this is so embarrassing

YL9WnCY.png