As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cricketto's Junk - NSFW

2»

• Options
    CrickettoCricketto Registered User regular
    Try not to use the thick outline on everything so much. You have great style and character, but I don't think the thick outside lines does anything but detract from the overall aesthetics. The naked princess thing seems like its trying a bit too hard, though I did find the Pokemon one with the little mole guy pretty funny. The other ones, with the look at my puss and ass, not so much.

That being said, you are showing some line variation here and there, so good job there. Keep working on it. Your characters have a lot of life to them, and that's not something easy to inject into toons. You've got some cool action pieces too, like that Astroboy one. I can dig it.

I'd also recommend working on your color theory, I am def not one to talk, but it seems like sometimes the colors are being thrown around a little willy nilly and your backgrounds sometimes approach near hideous photoshop filter levels. Keep postin' though!

Thanks for the crit. I honestly tried to go for a more "pop-art"-ish kinda feel with the rabbit pic, but ah well. I shall try to cut down on the outline thing.

ALso, my color theory stinks because I cannot paint for crap. But again, I'll do my best to work on it.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    The best way to improve your color theory is to study other peoples pallets. Find paintings with colors you like and try to take them and make them work in a different context. Your style is interesting, but branch out of your process now and then and experiment with new methods for putting a work together. You cant figure out painting if you always fill in line art.

You seem to have sort of a flat understanding of light, which takes away from the volume of your lines, trying some painting might help you understand how to shade your characters a little better too.

• Options
    I'm either going through an art block, or I'm just burnt out from staying up so late this past week and drawing so much. Either way, I felt off kilter and burnt out all day, so here are just some quick doodles and what not I did today.

Prtce-7.jpgPrtce-6.jpgDinoBipedDesign-Resize.jpgDodoDoodle-LinesResize.jpgDemsFightinGals-LinesResize.jpgRunninFromAlli.jpg

• Options
    Just trying some things out. Just trying to loosen up my figures and line work.

OgleYourMidna-Resize.jpgOgleYourMidna-LinesResize.jpg

• Options
    Quick pic done for a contest. T'was interesting.

AlienFlowerGirl2-Final2-Resize.jpgAlienFlowerGirl2-Lines-Resize.jpg

• Options
    yolojoyolojo Registered User regular
    Just saw your stuff on concept art :)!

sig.jpg

^Feel free to check out my work.
  • Options
    One last picture before saying goodbye.

I will be homeless by the end of the week. T'was a good run I suppose...

MyWorldAtDusk-LinesResize2.jpg

• Options
    Hahaha! I'm still alive. I am not entirely sure what just happened...

http://youtu.be/G721RPlui_I
    AttackoftheMountainDemon-A-Lines.jpgAttackoftheMountainDemon-Be-Final.jpg

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I love your stuff, specially the NSFW ones.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I gotta try working some more in paint tool SAI. You get so swanky lines with that!