As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steven P. Jobs Memorial [Chat]

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Tonight I try diet tonic. I bet it tastes like a butt.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Tonic is for people who are trying to convince themselves they don't have a drinking problem.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    What? Regular tonic is fine? Gin and Tonics or vodka tonics, dude.

• Options
    Those are two of the most popular drinks.

• Options

Just drink it straight from the bottle already! Embrace your destiny boozy!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

what are you talking about

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Feral wrote:

what are you talking about

caveman, do you even know what we are talking about...?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know what they are talking about.

• Options
    Drinks on the rocks or neat are also not the sign of an alcoholic. :(

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think I have had Gin and Imaginary Tonic more often than Gin and Tonic

due to how there is often a gin bottle around, because we are fond of G&Ts, but there is never tonic around, because we forget to go buy it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Read posts? I am much too busy for that.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Does anyone know what they are talking about.

they're talking about sex....

ba-by...

• Options
    also, that bug was extremely hard to kill and surpisingly fast when it wanted to be.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    OTLC, just go with martinis, instead.

• Options

drinks from a bottle in a brown paper bag, held with fingerless gloves, in the park, at 10 in the morning, are

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tonic is for people who are trying to convince themselves they don't have a drinking problem.

You're crazy.

I drink gin and tonics, AND I admit that I have a drinking problem.

• Options
    Tonight I try diet tonic. I bet it tastes like a butt.

ABORT
    ABORT

Do not use diet tonic! Tis a waste of gin.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I still need to come up with a good name for my Gods, but right now I've settled with 'The Extants'.

Maxwell: God of power and control. Manifests in technology of oppression and imposition of will. Namely, weapons.
    Descartes: God of deception. Manifests in lies, regardless of malicious or beneficial intent.
    Laplace: God of determination. Manifests in genetics, instincts, or strong cultural pressures. Focuses on exhibiting the lack of free will.
    Morton: God of sloth and ignorance. Manifests in technology that removes labor or satiates desires.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:

drinks from a bottle in a brown paper bag, held with fingerless gloves, in the park, at 10 in the morning, are

NSFW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0qLZodtdkw

• Options
    if the drink is methylated spirits on the rocks or neat it is possibly the sign of an alcoholic

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote:

NSFW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0qLZodtdkw

I want to visit that park.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Park drinking is great.

Swinging on the swing set at 11 at night with a bottle of cab in your hand.

Good times.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    I still need to come up with a good name for my Gods, but right now I've settled with 'The Extants'.

Maxwell: God of power and control. Manifests in technology of oppression and imposition of will. Namely, weapons.
    Descartes: God of deception. Manifests in lies, regardless of malicious or beneficial intent.
    Laplace: God of determination. Manifests in genetics, instincts, or strong cultural pressures. Focuses on exhibiting the lack of free will.
    Morton: God of sloth and ignorance. Manifests in technology that removes labor or satiates desires.

But the mathematicial foundation of the "uncertainty principle" is a direct result of a Laplace transformation.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    heard some fools were talking nonsense about tonic water

heard some fools needed a talking to

• Options
    Winky wrote:

But the mathematicial foundation of the "uncertainty principle" is a direct result of a Laplace transformation.

They're named after the Demons, not the men themselves :P.

A little confusing, but I still like it that way.

• Options
    oh my god

worst pain in head

ever

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Winky wrote:
    Winky wrote:

but... then how come the Descartes one is so perfectly suited to the man himself?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    desc wrote:

Are you pro-tonic, or a silly goose?

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Winky wrote:

but... then how come the Descartes one is so perfectly suited to the man himself?

You know how some dog owners look a lot like their dogs?

It's kind of like that.

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Winky wrote:

then call them demons

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    desc wrote:

Don't tonic board me! D:

• Options

You know about Descartes's evil demon, right?

• Options
    desc wrote:

Don't tonic board me! D:

Your avatar makes it all better.

• Options
    2009-02-16-exorcisig_laplace%27s_demon.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Park drinking, eh.

I got lots of love -- for my crew, that is / No love for all them other crews and rival kids / all them out-a-town niggas know what time it is / And if they don't, they need to buy a watch, word up / Caught up in the crossfire get theyself hurt up / While I be sippin' gin straight in a plastic cup / on a park bench on 12th st., my whole crew is famous ...

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm p sure the most meaningful marker of alcoholism is a level of alcohol consumption that causes destructive effects to your health, relationships, etc, often with the associated understanding that you find it challenging to reduce your drinking (or eliminate it entirely) to the point where those effects are relieved.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    How do the headsets work on XBox Live? You plug 'em into the controller and then only voice comms comes over the headset and regular audio still goes through the A/V, right? Are voice servers automatic with any online games?

I haven't gone online yet with gold, so I haven't tried any of this. :P

• Options
    Feral wrote:

yeah yeah. But god damn that man was a intellectually dishonest wanker and horribly sloppy about the difference between "things that are obviously true" and "things that I want to be true".

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    I don't think I would enjoy life without alchohol very much.

time to get drunk.

• Options
    Feral wrote:

yeah yeah. But god damn that man was a intellectually dishonest wanker and horribly sloppy about the difference between "things that are obviously true" and "things that I want to be true".

He was pretty good for his time.

This discussion has been closed.