As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steven P. Jobs Memorial [Chat]

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    so awesome.

I have an addiction and I can see it starting to ruin me. like holy shit I can hardly function

need to shell out some money for some fixes
    like League of Legends, tobacco or what? or is this a minecraft thing? (i don't know)

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    I'm p sure the most meaningful marker of alcoholism is a level of alcohol consumption that causes destructive effects to your health, relationships, etc, often with the associated understanding that you find it challenging to reduce your drinking (or eliminate it entirely) to the point where those effects are relieved.

nononono

it's when your bottle grows a brown paper bag and your hands grow fingerless gloves

sure

signs

ftOqU21.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    but... then how come the Descartes one is so perfectly suited to the man himself?

You know about Descartes's evil demon, right?

yeah yeah. But god damn that man was a intellectually dishonest wanker and horribly sloppy about the difference between "things that are obviously true" and "things that I want to be true".

He was pretty good for his time.

Yeah but the best thinkers of his time were still huffing mercury in the hopes of it making them immortal.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    but... then how come the Descartes one is so perfectly suited to the man himself?

yeah yeah. But god damn that man was a intellectually dishonest wanker and horribly sloppy about the difference between "things that are obviously true" and "things that I want to be true".

<3

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    _J_ wrote:
    desc wrote:
    heard some fools were talking nonsense about tonic water

heard some fools needed a talking to

Are you pro-tonic, or a silly goose?

What kind of George Washington-hating kitten-kicking freedom-despising reprobate isn't pro-tonic?

Tonic is the one drinkable non-alcoholic thing on the average plane flight!

It goes with gin and you don't have to shake ice cubes and garnish shit with ferns and shit

Quinine!

TONIC

desc on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Google reviews need to try not sucking.

one user: five stars "it was awesome!"
    another use: one star "this will make you die."

Ok, so, do I average those...?

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    I still need to come up with a good name for my Gods, but right now I've settled with 'The Extants'.

Maxwell: God of power and control. Manifests in technology of oppression and imposition of will. Namely, weapons.
    Descartes: God of deception. Manifests in lies, regardless of malicious or beneficial intent.
    Laplace: God of determination. Manifests in genetics, instincts, or strong cultural pressures. Focuses on exhibiting the lack of free will.
    Morton: God of sloth and ignorance. Manifests in technology that removes labor or satiates desires.

But the mathematicial foundation of the "uncertainty principle" is a direct result of a Laplace transformation.

They're named after the Demons, not the men themselves :P.

A little confusing, but I still like it that way.

then call them demons

But I wanted to call them Gods.

I mean, I guess I could call them demons.

I feel that is somehow too straightforward, though.

desc wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    desc wrote:
    heard some fools were talking nonsense about tonic water

heard some fools needed a talking to

Are you pro-tonic, or a silly goose?

What kind of George Washington-hating kitten-kicking freedom-despising reprobate isn't pro-tonic?

It goes with gin and you don't have to shake ice cubes and garnish shit with ferns and shit

Quinine!

TONIC

I approve of you, sir.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Untitled.png

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Winky wrote:
    Feral wrote:

He was pretty good for his time.

Yeah but the best thinkers of his time were still huffing mercury in the hopes of it making them immortal.

I mean, the first Renaissance painters were really fucking shitty at two-point perspective also.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    I still need to come up with a good name for my Gods, but right now I've settled with 'The Extants'.

Maxwell: God of power and control. Manifests in technology of oppression and imposition of will. Namely, weapons.
    Descartes: God of deception. Manifests in lies, regardless of malicious or beneficial intent.
    Laplace: God of determination. Manifests in genetics, instincts, or strong cultural pressures. Focuses on exhibiting the lack of free will.
    Morton: God of sloth and ignorance. Manifests in technology that removes labor or satiates desires.

But the mathematicial foundation of the "uncertainty principle" is a direct result of a Laplace transformation.

They're named after the Demons, not the men themselves :P.

A little confusing, but I still like it that way.

then call them demons

But I wanted to call them Gods.

I mean, I guess I could call them demons.

I feel that is somehow too straightforward, though.

Sort of, yeah.

Anyway, weren't there many sides to this thing?

That church might prefer demons to gods

while followers might go duh, it's gods

ftOqU21.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    gin and tonics are amazing oh my god

Variable wrote:
    Untitled.png

huh

... all my posts should look like that.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Watching the NLDS kind of hoping Arizona wins since I think the Cards have a better chance verse them than the Brewers. But if the cards lose I think the Brewers have a better chance verse the Phillies and I don't want the Phillies to win anything.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

ALKY

oh right I almost forgot to waterboard paws!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    desc wrote:

I was with you until your dismissal of diet coke.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

ALKY

Wisdom.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    You know, people can drink water. Water's good!

Tonic water, the reason the Europeans could colonize Africa.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Watching the NLDS kind of hoping Arizona wins since I think the Cards have a better chance verse them than the Brewers. But if the cards lose I think the Brewers have a better chance verse the Phillies and I don't want the Phillies to win anything.

Because you're a lamentable piece of shit.

Feral wrote:
    desc wrote:

I was with you until your dismissal of diet coke.

diet coke

No, Feral.

No.

Organichu wrote:
    You know, people can drink water. Water's good!

If you want something that fish fuck in, sure.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Water is dumb. It doesn't even do anything to you.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

Do they clear out colds? I'm coming down with one and I need a quick fix.

Also, don't they just taste like pure alcohol or do they cancel each other out?

Organichu wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

Because you're a lamentable piece of shit.

Fuck the Phillies. They are the Yanks of the NL. Plus I am rooting for my Cardinals but I don't think they are going to pull it off. I was surprised they beat out Atlanta to get into the playoffs. The bullpen isn't that great but they have the best hitting line up in the NL so it balanced along with a hot streak.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Variable, have you tried restarting?

I'm not losing italics in Chrome with either the old-school theme or the default theme.

Oh, italics are causing that?

hey variable

you suck variable

Mim wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

They taste like delicious.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    oh my god, someone just showed me.... it is a dude in boxer briefs but i still don't know if i can link it. it is funny to me but i don't wanna get banned.

i guess that is not nudity.

NSFW link, did not image link it
    I have to buy those boxer briefs. Look at where the blaster is.

Gin and tonic doesn't taste like alcohol. It tastes like a treeish alcoholic Sprite.

I will not accept mockery about microwaves from someone who thinks water isn't cool enough to drink.

You sound like my aunt, Sarksus.

I am drinking water as I say that.

Mim wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

Do gin and tonics cure colds?

... Yeah, sure!

(No they don't taste like pure alcohol. There's kind of a bitter/sweet/herbal thing going depending on the tonic water.)

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Alky [chat]

Water is excellent to drink. Its better for you than pretty much anything. Shit is amazing.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited October 2011
    To be honest I didn't really give them any followers.

For the most part their followers will tend to be unaware of the Gods themselves, they're just attempting to fulfill their goals.

Like the "High Priest" of Descartes is an intelligence officer for the small nation the story takes place in, who is attempting to manipulate public information in order to protect them from the threat of neighboring nations pressing down on them. As the plot progresses, he gets more and more extreme in his views of what qualifies an acceptable lie for the benefit of another, and eventually he manifests the God.

Winky on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    oh my god, someone just showed me.... it is a dude in boxer briefs but i still don't know if i can link it. it is funny to me but i don't wanna get banned.

i guess that is not nudity.

NSFW link, did not image link it
    I have to buy those boxer briefs. Look at where the blaster is.

Is there a lightsaber version? :winky:

Jokerman wrote:
    Alky [chat]

Man, tonight should be drunk night.

This discussion has been closed.