As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steven P. Jobs Memorial [Chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Oh man, Caspian Border has been unlocked in the BF3 open beta.

Just in time for the beta to end in a few days.

so glad i read this. i was going to do something stupid like exercise.

I'm glad you read that and aren't going to do something stupid like exercise.

ikr

i can be productive anytime but this beta is limited!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Is it true that the xbox beta isn't getting caspian border?

That would make sense since it takes twelve years for anything to happen on there.

We'll be enjoying things over here, on the PC B)

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am reading on The English School. Ugh not exciting.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Is it true that the xbox beta isn't getting caspian border?

That would make sense since it takes twelve years for anything to happen on there.

nerd

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Xbox has like, max three players per team so eff caspian border on xbox anyway

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @Thanatos

so i see you and Greeper are getting along well. . .
    Stop hatin', short stuff.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

Psh. PC gaming elitists. I'm gonna enjoy all the cool stuff my 360 has, like, like... netflix! And online multiplayer!

• Options
    you don't need to spend, like, 50 bucks because an individual piece of your xbox is out of date

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:

Psh. PC gaming elitists. I'm gonna enjoy all the cool stuff my 360 has, like, like... netflix! And online multiplayer!

Damn multimedia machines, my pc wouldn't let me do something like watch TV while being the internet. Never.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    also I thought of a back-up plan to whichever engineering thing I go for: Religion studies.

If my studies end up going to hell I'll just hop on over and do the exams or whatever for the religion studies and ace that shit.

Because like, in three weeks I have done like, twenty times the amount of work I did on religion last fall and I got the top grade on that shit

I am going to miss having almost nothing but classes where I will get great grades from a minium of effort and the only grades that would suffer would be the ones where minimum fell to no effort

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    you don't need to spend, like, 50 bucks because an individual piece of your xbox is out of date

I don't have to upgrade my computer if I'm okay with games looking like they're running on an Xbox B)

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

I don't have to upgrade my computer if I'm okay with games looking like they're running on an Xbox B)

I would have to shell out cash in order to get my computer to play games that look like anything at all

and figuring out exactly which kind of card will work is weird as heck

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

I would have to shell out cash in order to get my computer to play games that look like anything at all

and figuring out exactly which kind of card will work is weird as heck

One must put work into superior graphics, sound and physics. We understand the path is not for all but those that follow it are awarded for it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Fable III was trash, right?

• Options
    There was a dude walking back and forth in front of my building wearing a sign that read "End the Fed." I wanted to take a picture, but those people seem like the type to carry concealed weapons, and I'm not packing today.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    it is an interesting experience to be yelled at by an angry mob while you're leaving work after a 12 hour day

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    There was a dude walking back and forth in front of my building wearing a sign that read "End the Fed." I wanted to take a picture, but those people seem like the type to carry concealed weapons, and I'm not packing today.

Nah, dude. Fractional reserve banking is Satan. If we got rid of it, the economy would shit rainbows.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Gooey wrote:
    it is an interesting experience to be yelled at by an angry mob while you're leaving work after a 12 hour day

Assassins Creed 2 taught me to throw coins at people to keep them from chasing.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Gooey wrote:
    Well, maybe if you hadn't spent 12 hours trying to screw them, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

8->

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Let's fight, Nerdgasmic. With fists.

• Options
    Gooey wrote:
    I literally never did that in AC2, except the one time the game forced me to.

If a beggar or a crazy person revealed me, I fucking murdered them, even if I had to chase them for miles. I did die a couple of times by taking damage from murdering people, though. Still, worth it.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

If a beggar or a crazy person revealed me, I fucking murdered them, even if I had to chase them for miles. I did die a couple of times by taking damage from murdering people, though. Still, worth it.

There was a cheevo for throwing enough coins at prostitutes. Making it rain ...

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Well, maybe if you hadn't spent 12 hours trying to screw them, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

8->

I screwed them in 1 hour, I spent the other 11 sitting around not working because this job is so easy

but seriously, to be fair I don't really know if they were yelling at me as I had my earphones in and couldn't hear what they were yelling. But I did look over and there were some angry faces pointed at me.

:/

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    desc wrote:

The ending was trash. The game itself was mediocre.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    Let's fight, Nerdgasmic. With fists.

I only fight with Pokemon.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    desc wrote:

The ending was trash. The game itself was mediocre.

Worth it for $17?

I played the other two so I feel like I should see how it "turns out" but I already know the ending's shitty mechanics. enh. probably not worth it even for hacking and slashing and getting married.

• Options
    Part of me feels bad because the little drones of the big banks and such get a lot of the anger of these protest just doing their job and making money. But also if these little cogs stopped doing some of the work then it would cause enough problems for said banks there maybe changes though mostly probably lay offs.

Personally I think Anonymous needs to get the penthouse locations for the CEO's to some of these protesters. Nothing changes peoples minds like 24 hour renditions of bad protest songs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Thanatos wrote:

See, you're really giving Gooey mixed messages here when you go from wall street trolling to murdering dudes in poverty.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

It was a terribly useless 'feature'.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

8->

Hey Thanatos, I stumbled across a site from the Corn Lobby, you'd blow a gasket reading it.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2011
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Part of me feels bad because the little drones of the big banks and such get a lot of the anger of these protest just doing their job and making money. But also if these little cogs stopped doing some of the work then it would cause enough problems for said banks there maybe changes though mostly probably lay offs.

Personally I think Anonymous needs to get the penthouse locations for the CEO's to some of these protesters. Nothing changes peoples minds like 24 hour renditions of bad protest songs.

No way the internet gets its hands on the addresses of CEO bankers and the worst that happens is some guitar playing out front.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Jokerman is it as bad as the oil and gas ads which sometimes sound like they are trying to earn our love like a mobster coming and giving our store "protection" for cash?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    There was a cheevo for throwing enough coins at prostitutes. Making it rain ...
    I think that's actually called "making it hail."

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

No way the internet gets its hands on the addresses of CEO bankers and the worst that happens is some guitar playing out front.

No way the internet doesn't have said addresses. Though probably haven't been released do to the people with the info afraid of fucking up the current movement with some bad press.

Though I think a lot of folks would get a kick out of some CEO's having their penthouse trashed. Even if it is the wrong thing to do. And would hurt any good the said movement can do.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

No way the internet doesn't have said addresses. Though probably haven't been released do to the people with the info afraid of fucking up the current movement with some bad press.

Though I think a lot of folks would get a kick out of some CEO's having their penthouse trashed. Even if it is the wrong thing to do. And would hurt any good the said movement can do.

There's a pretty big distinction between some people on the internet having access to that information and that information being honed in on by the internet,

• Options
    desc wrote:

Worth it for $17?

I played the other two so I feel like I should see how it "turns out" but I already know the ending's shitty mechanics. enh. probably not worth it even for hacking and slashing and getting married.

You are a prince. Crazy brother is king. You leave due to his abuse of power. Come back to castle with an army and kill him. Become king. Then the peasants start asking you for things and you realize you can't afford to give them every welfare program under the sun. Fuck you, peasants! There is only so much gold in the treasury!

That's Fable 3 in a nutshell.

I certainly don't feel the need to play the game a second time so I say no, it's not worth $17.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    It's not Corn Syrup, it's corn sugar.

Get it right.

Also fuck the hell out of Fable 3, it still has Reaver in it and I can't stand that dick of a character

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

8->
    Hey Thanatos, I stumbled across a site from the Corn Lobby, you'd blow a gasket reading it.
    I probably already have.

• Options
    any potential fable money is better set aside for GOTY rowbember 15th anyway.

• Options
    Kagera wrote:
    Also fuck the hell out of Fable 3, it still has Reaver in it and I can't stand that dick of a character

No, no, it's fine - he wears steampunk goggles in Fable 3 so he is cool dude.

This discussion has been closed.