As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    GGs Biz. I've got work at 10 in the morning. :\ I figured I'd wrap it at FT20. Thanks for all the Zero technology, though I don't understand how you get the final part of your combo to work. It's the OTG assist -> jump buster -> lightning dash -> dive kick -> rekkoha. Every time I try that dive kick it just resets them.

On a side note, snapping in Wesker and burning x-factor on him for life.

GG's. And yeah, I shoulda tagged him out earlier, but we had started to hit experimentation mode, sooo :).

People are popping out when you dive kick? Before or after the dive kick hit? Dive kick acts as an aerial S in terms of how they react so it should spike them. If they're popping out before hand it's just hit stun deterioration.

And my "end" is

OTG Assist --> Launcher --> aerial M --> release Buster --> Lightning --> Land and then jump up and dive kick to catch them in the air before they hit the ground --> Rekkoha.

Also, as an aside..damn man, I can't wait til Ultimate and Hulk's actually a threat to characters up close. So many people can knock him out before the armor kicks in.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    I don't get the S effect. They just hit the floor and roll away.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Are you using Zero's air QCF+H? Or are you using his medium?

It's been way too long since I've really sat down and practiced this. I did learn some things from Kinder's Zero though. Should have some new combos... if I can ever land them.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    Why is everyone playing zero all of a sudden.

He's awesome and they think Wolverine will suck.

Which he won't. But, bandwagon and all.

Also, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCA_FQFbZgI&feature=youtu.be

It should be noted that Arthur killed Phoenix twice in this set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0l9unItyAo

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    I don't get the S effect. They just hit the floor and roll away.

Did you have the ground launcher in there? They should not roll away.

I also use the medium dive kick.

• Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    04_davidwright.jpg

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    DubiousAtBestDubiousAtBest Registered User regular
    04_davidwright.jpg

That is amazing.

• Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    Please tell me UltraDavid is playing Phoenix Wright in Max's Assist Me! series.

For that matter, I hope Max plays Ghost Rider.

Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    So I guess with NYCC about to start, we should expect some new character reveal trailers very soon.

Wonder if it will just be two of them and they'll save the other two for later, or if they'll reveal all four? I'm not aware of any other big events between now and release.

I'd hate to think what other forums would be like right now if we didn't already know the remaining characters. Though the idea of seeing a forum straight up self-destruct when the final character is revealed to be Rocket Raccoon (and no Venom/Gambit/MegaMan/whoever) after months of waiting and speculation is somewhat entertaining.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Think I am going to switch up my team and swap out Zero for Magnus.

So now it will be Magneto / Akuma / Taskmaster.

Hrmmm...

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    The UMvC panel is Saturday at 2:45pm EST.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011

Hrmmm...
    Why that order instead of Magneto / Taskmaster / Akuma? That way Tasky has access to the Akuma assist. And Akuma is a great candidate for X Factor 3. Taskmaster's boosts from Level 3 aren't nearly as good.

Also, Magneto is the bane of my existence so I should probably through a "fuck you" in there too :P .

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Ugh, my team is horrible.

• Options
    Fig-D wrote:

Hrmmm...
    Why that order instead of Magneto / Taskmaster / Akuma? That way Tasky has access to the Akuma assist. And Akuma is a great candidate for X Factor 3. Taskmaster's boosts from Level 3 aren't nearly as good.

Also, Magneto is the bane of my existence so I should probably through a "fuck you" in there too :P .

I've been out of the game forever, it was more so that I trust Taskmaster more as an anchor - but I think your order makes a lot of sense.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I saw so many lvl 3 Akuma comebacks on the DEV stream it wasn't funny.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote:

Hrmmm...

I've been out of the game forever, it was more so that I trust Taskmaster more as an anchor - but I think your order makes a lot of sense.

Think of it this way: if you're down two characters then your last man standing has less options. Your better characters can get more work done if backed up by an assist. In my opinion, you don't really want your best character as an anchor unless your name is Combofiend. Generally, you're going to want your best characters on point to get momentum swinging in your favor and in the second position to use the meter your first character has accumulated.

Besides, confidence in an anchor? Pfft, Akuma dawg. Beams all day erryday. Land a ground series? Beam. See a move wind up? Beam. Air throw? Air Beam. Haggar try to get sneaky with his c.H? Air Beam again. Akuma doesn't need your so called "trust," just your meter.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Also tatsu.

• Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    Don't forget to DHC trick from task to magneto.

Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    Sounds like Phoenix Wright at NYCC! Yaaaaaaaaaaay

• Options
    inlemurinlemur Registered User regular
    Also tatsu.

I don't know how long you've been out of the game, but the days of people complaining about non-assist tatsu are pretty much over. Unlike last March, everyone knows how to punish it now. It's actually a pretty terrible move and you should use it less than sparingly.

The assist, of course, is still amazing.

XBL - remura
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    Anybodies aroundses to playses?

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Anybodies aroundses to playses?

Jeez, Kinder, no wonder you're so good at these games. You don't work 9-5 like the rest of us chumps!

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Kinder, you still around?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    There was a Sony Playstation event in Toronto today, and for some reason, Capcom brought UMVC3 and SFxT to the show. The UMVC build included Iron Fist and Vergil. I got a chance to mess around with a bunch of the new characters some, but there was a lot of other stuff to check out at this event, so I moved around, and by the time I got back, some local pros had shown up and started running the game. Basically you couldn't really "test" anything, because they were just using their core teams from MvC3 and cleaning up. Bit of a shame.

Watching some matches of people trying out new characters though was nice. It feels like a better game than MvC3, and I know I'll definitely be picking it up.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I played the build @ PAX - Task Master + Air X-Factor = <3<3<3<3<3

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    MvC3 is $9.99 on Gamefly with free shipping today only. Just incase anyone wants to take the plunge but doesn't have $40 for UMvC3.

I am so excited for the next reveals. All 4 characters left are ones that I was most excited for.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote:
    MvC3 is $9.99 on Gamefly with free shipping today only. Just incase anyone wants to take the plunge but doesn't have $40 for UMvC3.

I am so excited for the next reveals. All 4 characters left are ones that I was most excited for.

Who are the other 4 characters?

Phoenix Wright, ?, ?, ?

NYCC starts tomorrow right?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    Grove wrote:
    mxmarks wrote:

Who are the other 4 characters?

Phoenix Wright, ?, ?, ?

NYCC starts tomorrow right?

Pheonix Wright, Frank West, Nova and Rocket Raccoon.
    There was a Sony Playstation event in Toronto today, and for some reason, Capcom brought UMVC3 and SFxT to the show. The UMVC build included Iron Fist and Vergil. I got a chance to mess around with a bunch of the new characters some, but there was a lot of other stuff to check out at this event, so I moved around, and by the time I got back, some local pros had shown up and started running the game. Basically you couldn't really "test" anything, because they were just using their core teams from MvC3 and cleaning up. Bit of a shame.

Watching some matches of people trying out new characters though was nice. It feels like a better game than MvC3, and I know I'll definitely be picking it up.

Pretty much my experience at PAX. Got a good game or two in the morning but when trying to play in the afternoon it was just day long dante combos.

XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    Good luck this weekend, Kinderparty.

poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIV7-ewm8S4

XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    In regards to the "pros" hogging the machines.

Ive long since decided that Capcom needs to put one machine aside at these evens just for these people.

I don't want to go to PAX or something and have an experience of "Oh its my turn....and I'm paired up against Justin Wong swell" get bodied get back in line. "Oh cool my turn again ohh great Mike Ross is next".

I live to watch these guys play and hell I'd love to play them in casuals or a tournament. but on my leisure time trying to test out game for the first time, yeah no well unless it was at a Fight Club even that's different.

Im so fucking stoked for Rocket Raccoon and Nova <3 Cosmic Marvel. Ultimare added my 3 most wanted Marvel characters in Iron Fist, Strange and Nova. really the only way the roster could of gotten better was if they put Sigma in it

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    So we've got some character reveals today. Early rumors / hints indicate Nova and Phoenix Wright.

I predict Nova will look very, very powerful.

• Options
    Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qHIpusRAgQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LILhai7IHI

Cyclops, Captain Commando, Marrow, Iceman, Jin, Cable, Sonson, and Amingo dead and Colossus, Ruby Heart, Gambit, Hayato, Psylocke, and BB Hood apprehended. Damn, Days of Future Past level.

(Megaman still on the loose though)

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Phoenix Wright looks fucking stupid

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Wow, Wright's fighting style is weird.

I know it fits the character, although I don't follow the series, but still...

EDIT: Perhaps I'm seeing wrong, but at least a few of Nova's moves look recycled off of other characters?

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Judging on those vids alone, I don't really see Nova or Phoenix Wright being good at all. =\

Nova looks like he's going to fit into the mid-tier, and Phoenix looks like a throwaway fanservice character. The new stages look pretty cool, though.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote:
    Wow, Wright's fighting style is weird.

I know it fits the character, although I don't follow the series, but still...

EDIT: Perhaps I'm seeing wrong, but at least a few of Nova's moves look recycled off of other characters?

Kind of, yeah. Magneto's standing M definitely, and I'm also seeing Skrull's charged punch, one of Storm's air normals, and maybe one of Iron Man's?

He'd be the third character to get that st.M too. I'm willing to say Magneto and Strange recycled theirs from him, since when have either of them needed to kick something?

kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Options
    Nova has a Meteor Smash style projectile that causes ground bounce (ridiculous), can self-OTG, looks like he has a command throw, Skrull Inferno, Dormammu Chaotic Flame, and MODOK charge style hypers.

Seems a little floaty.

Hmmm.

I've only seen one vid, tho, so hard to judge him yet.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    Nova/She-Hulk/Taskmaster

I WANT THIS TO WORK

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin