As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Honestly, while I still think the glasses thing is stupid and Wesker is overused, he doesn't angrify me as much as he did at the first major.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    I could slap the shit of Niitsuma for that dumb glasses buff
    Slap him for the Phoenix Wright nerf.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I knew PW wasn't going to be great. Sure, his Turnabout mode looks great but you have to do all that work to get to it(and its still random) while the other player is trying their hardest to blow you up.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote:
    I knew PW wasn't going to be great. Sure, his Turnabout mode looks great but you have to do all that work to get to it(and its still random) while the other player is trying their hardest to blow you up.
    He doesn't need to be great, he just needs to not SUCK and let players make him great.

I used a Phoenix Wright team to take one game from Clockwork. 8->

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    That clip made me laugh so damn hard. Need's a JWONG bobblehead animation though.

• Options
    JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    There was so much hype during Marvel tonight. I'm so glad I watched the whole thing.

Edit: GODDAMNIT CAPCOM. They nerfed Wright; Maya's shield comes out a bit faster, but his Turnabout assists are definitely nerfed. I do not understand.

JackKieser on

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    You know whats a great feeling?

Being 6-5 in ranked.

In vanilla I was 78-200 literally. I was mad, frustrated, and just gave up on ranked because of the torture I put myself through. Now I'm playing it very sparingly (obviously), and doing it only when I feel like a challange. It's unreal how nervous I get, and how jittery I get in ranked. But it's been very cool to see that my record is already reflecting that I've improved in the year since Vanilla.

Right now I'm running Morrigan/Wesker/Cap. I moved Cap to anchor because he's by far my strongest character, and I love Lvl3 XFC Hyper Charging Star all day with all the meter I have left.

I also have decided to ditch Wesker's OTG assist. I know it was godly in Vanilla, and i used it in Vanilla, but I never used it well. I just never get the timing right. So I finally decided to play to my strengths, which are not endless combos. I have a good little combo with Cap, but I've just decided to embrace my style of - get in, get some quick magic series stuff, get out. It's not flashy, it's not advanced, but it gets the job done. Wesker's Ghost Panther (the first assist choice, the one with the wallbounce) I find fits my style way more. It's great for making some space when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE GET!
    detailed patch notes anywhere?

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sweet, got the Mandarin card. So cheap....

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Lilith card for life with Super-Skrull.

Inferno practically pays for itself.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    gonna slap every + super armor card onto team nemesis because why the hell not

also air dash

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I am so excited to get home and play cards.

How do you earn them? Can I just keep playing arcade mode and get them, or do you get them playing Heroes and Heralds (so youll play the first time with none).

Seriously the collector in me is going berzerk. This is more deadly to me than achievements.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    So as I plow my way into a nice 0-10 start in ranked anyone have a good website for tips/advice/videos whatever? I don't mind losing (I've gotten used to it) but I'd rather not get blown out over and over again. Or heck if one of you guys want to destroy me a few dozen times and give me some tips that would be great too. Let me know, thanks guys

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    mxmarks wrote:
    I am so excited to get home and play cards.

How do you earn them? Can I just keep playing arcade mode and get them, or do you get them playing Heroes and Heralds (so youll play the first time with none).

Seriously the collector in me is going berzerk. This is more deadly to me than achievements.

I'm not sure about arcade mode, but there's an actual H&H mode where you "take over" territory and such, in arcade-style battles (infinite time, normal damage). As you beat each team, you gain more control of that area, and successive matches there are more difficult. You earn a card after each battle, and an extra "good" (A rank) after 100%ing an area. Also you have a "hit list" where characters are crossed off as you play, bingo style, and completing a line gets you an extra card. It is so fun.

Multiplayer with this is going to be super awesome*, I can tell already.

*by super awesome I refer to a spectrum of gameplay experience ranging from "super awesome" to "holy fuck shit a zoning team with auto recovery and damage reflect, this is balls"

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I have two Thanos cards!

Also, my button I use for H attack is not working 100% of the time :(.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    increased dash speed/armor while dashing nemesis is hilarious

edit: yay for getting cards I was hoping for, like juggernaut

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I wish I could recall what card combo this AI team was using, because their last guy had to be killed like 20 times to stay dead

every time he'd hit 0 he'd regain like 10%

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I wish I could recall what card combo this AI team was using, because their last guy had to be killed like 20 times to stay dead

every time he'd hit 0 he'd regain like 10%

haha, I just checked in here to post about this. the "recover some life when you hit 5% vitality" effects don't trigger once, they trigger every single time you hit 5% vitality. This means you're absolutely fucked if you're using a low-damage/high-combo character (Zero, Dante, etc.), because the only way to bypass the effect is to take the opponent from 6% to dead in one hit.

• Options
    this sounds like the most insane mode. I am so excited.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this is gonna be my afternoon...

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rofl, nemesis' level 3 with all the power boosts I have on one shot pheonix wright with lvl 1 x factor on

that was hilarious

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Capcom: Ensuring I will never win another match.

• Options
    Q: What's worse than facing an anchor Wesker?

A: Facing a Wesker who has unlimited x-factor and is running a Multiple Man card.

• Options
    UPDATE GET!
    detailed patch notes anywhere?
    Phoenix Wright took it in the butt.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    also bug fixes, apparently changed wright's "Take this!" line to "Take that!" and some unconfirmed hulk/haggar stuff

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    inlemurinlemur Registered User regular
    also bug fixes, apparently changed wright's "Take this!" to "Take that!" and some unconfirmed hulk/haggar stuff

Hulk's AA Gamma Charge H followup no longer causes hard knockdown, just ground bounce. This eliminates his not-game-breaking infinite, and is a slight nerf to some other combos otherwise. Not a significant change, really, Hulk's still gonna kill you if he hits you.

XBL - remura
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    FUCK THE HULK NERF FUCK

edit I am not really mad but it is some shit to have people like hulk and PW nerfed.

I bet Wolvie's infinite still works. Wouldn't wanna nerf him or wekser!!!

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    "Wesker isn't broken! You're all a bunch of scrubs who need to learn how to play the game!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aECv28cMUbQ

*is a pathetic piece of shit who insults people all day on SRK and jerks off to Dreamcast ports of MvC2 and 3rd Strike*

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    Wait...

Ive been loving this all afternoon...but is there really no way to play my friends with our decks?! Is that like, even possible that they've overlooked this!?

Because Im going to be so fucking pissed. We've been talking for MONTHS about this mode, and never did we imagine we wouldnt be able to play with crazy decks OFFLINE, let alone ONLINE. I cant find a way to player match or make a custom lobby at all...

• Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Why wouldn't you be able to? That's the whole point of H&H, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0nj_-4_Ebw

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    I agree but I cant find it. I know it wont let you play Offline, and online all I can find is the mode where I pick a side and then can battle strangers. Havent seen a way to set anything up.

• Options
    yeah there's no way to do it. This really, really pisses me off.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    So I won't be home to try this for a few days, it's literally just a You vs. Random Strangers Online mode?
    No You vs. CPU or Friends or anything like that?

• Options
    no you can fight AI as well. its AI or random strangers

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    This is the angriest Ive been at Capcom.

Seriously how do you fuck this up so badly. Just shut it off. No desire to play random people with my cool cards. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

• Options
    Kind of.

You can go into training mode and set the opponent to 2P and play that way. It's a work around.

A fucking unnecessary work around and doesn't fix the problem of playing people you know online, but, welp.

• Options
    I find it hard to believe that a silly bonus mode is worth getting that mad over

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that a silly bonus mode is worth getting that mad over
    It just goes to show the lack of design control over at Capcom.

But you're right there's more important stuff to get mad over, like the Phoenix Wright nerfs.

• Options
    Its absolutely worth getting mad over when you add a mode to a fighting game - any game really - but especially one designed around playing with friends, and don't have an option to actually play with friends.

I'm mad because we were all really excited to build decks and fight each other, and somehow they made it so that was impossible. As much fun as building a deck by myself for myself is, I'm done with this poor excuse for a bonus mode.

• Options
    I hate the very concept of invincible assists, so can't say I am broken up over it. Especially after seeing some of the setups that virtually guaranteed getting him enough time to get the evidence and only have to figure out a way to land an Objection.

That being said, he should've been given something else to make up for it.