As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Johnny Depp, not satisfied with ruining my childhood, attacks the source

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote:
    Listen, he's been in some tremendous turds, and I've watched them

But he is always awesome. He is a glowing beacon of goodness no matter how deeply mired in poodoo

Oh I understand this and I love him for it. No matter how awful the directing, writing or even character Dwayne Johnson will commit to being awesome.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    FAST FIVE IS AWESOME

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    when I was a kid, I used to think the movie "The Rock" was somehow about The Rock

I was a little disappointed when I found out it wasn't

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    An-D wrote:
    Just saw the Tooth Fairy...mostly as a joke, and it was awful and cheesy for a bit but went down a pretty dark path.
    Like, the movie starts like in the trailers. He's an old bad-ass (but washed up) hockey player and he gets sent to fairy training school or whatever, but around midway through, it goes down a really dark alley.

He gets fairy-summoned from a big game to get a tooth from a little girl. He is fucking pissed (end of his career basically), and gets the tooth all annoyed and shit. Than he sees the little girl and this massive bruise on her face, and you get the idea that she had been hit. The girl wakes up, and is kind of startled but he hushes and asks what happened to her face (says that 'I'm the Tooth Fairy' line from the trailer). Then from downstairs (off-screen) you hear a man and a woman arguing really loudly and than you hear the man beating the shit out of her. The girl starts to quietly cry.

The Rock gets pissed and is about to go down to save the day, but he gets fairy-magic-summoned back to Fairyland and is pretty much told that he can't interfere in the lives of humans, or there would be consequences. He doesn't take that, and there is a pseudo fight/escape from fairyland and he gets back to Earth. He's kind of on the run now, and can't use his powers or they'll be able to find him.

He goes back to the little girl's house, and the dad (fucking big guy) is drunk and about to head up to the girl's room to do something (beat her?). Rock appears, and they fight. Its like something out of the Rundown....but with fairy powers. Shit is being broken, and the Rock is flying around dodging being. The bad dad pulls a gun, and shit kind of gets real. The Rock is able to use flying and a combination of fairy magic to deflect/dodge bullets.

Julie Andrews' character (like...queen of the tooth fairies?) gets a lock on the Rock's magic signal and pulls the plug on his magic.

The Rock drops to the ground, stands back up and is immediately shot. He goes down, doesn't get back up.

All the commotion and gunshots had gotten the police's attention and they storm the place and take down the bad dad. The mom is crying, and the daughter comes down and sees the dead Rock (who she knew was the Tooth Fairy) and just starts sobbing. Like...The Rock had made her believe in something amazing and magical when her life was nothing but shit and then (indirectly, I guess) gotten her horrible father taken out of the picture, so she could be happy. And as cliche and corny as it may sound, he also allowed her to be free to be a child and believe in fantasy even though her reality had been so bitter and awful.

It was insanely heartbreaking. I was crying. I did not expect the movie to turn down that path.

Woah...

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Zonugal wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:

But he is always awesome. He is a glowing beacon of goodness no matter how deeply mired in poodoo

Oh I understand this and I love him for it. No matter how awful the directing, writing or even character Dwayne Johnson will commit to being awesome.

Hi-5 kamerade

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    An-D wrote:
    Just saw the Tooth Fairy...mostly as a joke, and it was awful and cheesy for a bit but went down a pretty dark path.
    Like, the movie starts like in the trailers. He's an old bad-ass (but washed up) hockey player and he gets sent to fairy training school or whatever, but around midway through, it goes down a really dark alley.

He gets fairy-summoned from a big game to get a tooth from a little girl. He is fucking pissed (end of his career basically), and gets the tooth all annoyed and shit. Than he sees the little girl and this massive bruise on her face, and you get the idea that she had been hit. The girl wakes up, and is kind of startled but he hushes and asks what happened to her face (says that 'I'm the Tooth Fairy' line from the trailer). Then from downstairs (off-screen) you hear a man and a woman arguing really loudly and than you hear the man beating the shit out of her. The girl starts to quietly cry.

The Rock gets pissed and is about to go down to save the day, but he gets fairy-magic-summoned back to Fairyland and is pretty much told that he can't interfere in the lives of humans, or there would be consequences. He doesn't take that, and there is a pseudo fight/escape from fairyland and he gets back to Earth. He's kind of on the run now, and can't use his powers or they'll be able to find him.

He goes back to the little girl's house, and the dad (fucking big guy) is drunk and about to head up to the girl's room to do something (beat her?). Rock appears, and they fight. Its like something out of the Rundown....but with fairy powers. Shit is being broken, and the Rock is flying around dodging being. The bad dad pulls a gun, and shit kind of gets real. The Rock is able to use flying and a combination of fairy magic to deflect/dodge bullets.

Julie Andrews' character (like...queen of the tooth fairies?) gets a lock on the Rock's magic signal and pulls the plug on his magic.

The Rock drops to the ground, stands back up and is immediately shot. He goes down, doesn't get back up.

All the commotion and gunshots had gotten the police's attention and they storm the place and take down the bad dad. The mom is crying, and the daughter comes down and sees the dead Rock (who she knew was the Tooth Fairy) and just starts sobbing. Like...The Rock had made her believe in something amazing and magical when her life was nothing but shit and then (indirectly, I guess) gotten her horrible father taken out of the picture, so she could be happy. And as cliche and corny as it may sound, he also allowed her to be free to be a child and believe in fantasy even though her reality had been so bitter and awful.

It was insanely heartbreaking. I was crying. I did not expect the movie to turn down that path.

Woah...

I thought this was actually the plot for a second

it is a joke, right?

Right?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Zonugal wrote:
    An-D wrote:

Woah...

Damn

If only this were true

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Some of Burton's older films are among my favorite movies ever. I am also one of those kids who grew up with the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Seeing how mediocre his newer films are saddens me greatly, especially since they are tarnishing his career as a whole.

Also, Danny Elfman is probably my favorite musician, despite the fact that most of his newer soundtracks have been samey/not memorable and he's supposedly kind of an asshole in real life.

• Options
    Hobnail wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:

Hi-5 kamerade

predator_1.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    RubberAC wrote:
    This just in Tim Burton rebooting Beetlejuice with Johnny Depp as Beetlejuice

Next up, the remake of Silver Streak with Depp and Martin Lawrence in place of Wilder and Pryor.

Then, Blazing Saddles, once again with Depp in the Wilder role, and Will Smith replacing Cleavon Little.

The Oscars will pour from the sky...

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Johnny Depp will get a pass forever for doing Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, just like Samuel L. Jackson will always be good with me because he was in Pulp Fiction.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TBH, I just made myself feel physically ill typing that.

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    An-D wrote:

Okay what, I am not finding anything about this movie having any kind of depth like that at all.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Someone should use Lucasfilm style technology to replace Johnny Depp in all of his movies with Dwayne Johnson, frame by frame. That would be a special edition.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Okami wrote:
    An-D wrote:

Okay what, I am not finding anything about this movie having any kind of depth like that at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

• Options
    Okami wrote:
    An-D wrote:

Like Anti lovingly put it, it's fake.

Trust me, if it actually went down anything like that, it wouldn't have gotten such shit reviews.

• Options
    Welp, good thing I was suspicious enough to go look at a trailer

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Zonugal wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:

Hi-5 kamerade

predator_1.jpg

rkwox1.jpg

Hobnail on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    I am so happy to have found so much appreciation for the awesomeness that is The Rock.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Even George Lucas got good performances out of Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid.

This post is a lie. A filthy lie.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    johnny depp is a treasure

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Ashcroft wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

If George Lucas ever got a good performance out of a paper bag, on the second release of the DVD he'd replace it with Jar Jar Binks and think it's a thousand times better.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    dogg why you killin younglings

• Options
    what the fuck dogg

• Options
    Ashcroft wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

Hargle Zoonga Bartle-Bugh!!!!

• Options
    That is my civilized response to you Ashcroft.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

I'm not gonna vouch for McDiarmid, but Ewan McGregor was probably the best part about episodes II and III

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    When this thread is re-released on blu ray, I'm editing Zonugal out and replacing him with extra stormtroopers.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote:
    When this thread is re-released on blu ray, I'm editing Zonugal out and replacing him with extra stormtroopers.

Put the Zonugal costumes on the stormtroopers, and no one will even be able to notice there's something amiss

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    I hate Johnny Depp trying to bring back the fedora.

Just stop it man, just stop.

it's already back, thanks to the twats
    who love Ed Hardy and stupid looking hats

• Options
    NO!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Depp's version of the chocolate factory had to problem.

One it's Charlie and the chocolate factory. They really did concentrate too much on depp.

Secondly it completely lacked the bits that when I was a kid, scared the shit out of me. The tunnel scene freaked me the funk out when I was five.

It was nice they had the technology to do the squirrel scene correctly though.

• Options
    saw a dude wearing a fedora in the computer lab the other day, arms like dying saplings, face like a dead child, playing runescape, did not give a fuck 2011

• Options
    Blake T wrote:
    Depp's version of the chocolate factory had to problem.

One it's Charlie and the chocolate factory. They really did concentrate too much on depp.

Secondly it completely lacked the bits that when I was a kid, scared the shit out of me. The tunnel scene freaked me the funk out when I was five.

It was nice they had the technology to do the squirrel scene correctly though.

yeah but it was an adaptation of the book, not a remake

it had a lot less British ladies singing which is usually a plus

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Fedoras only work with older style suits, and even then it's not a thing I'd suggest for most people.

The people who are sporting a neck beard are the wrong people to be wearing a fedora.

• Options
    a fedora works if you're already handsome, like most debatable fashion things

• Options
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I'm almost certain that's not even a fedora.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    FAST FIVE IS AWESOME

It is pretty sweet.

It's also funny to see how sweaty the rock is in it.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Wilmer Valderrama, has-been, never was
    wearing a fedora like it ain't no fuss

Centipede Damascus on