Options

Homeland[sho] - She's not crazy, simply in love!

1111213141517»

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    FUCK YES AT THE ENDING
    DAR ADAL IS BACK BITCHES

Bubby on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    FUCK YES AT THE ENDING
    DAR ADAL IS BACK BITCHES
    I NEVER TRUSTED THAT FUCKER

NEVER

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So I am glad they got a season 5 renewal notice in november.

I wonder if they filmed a couple of scenes for a different ending just in case this was it. Because as it stands this would have been the most pointless season finale ever.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    A couple of scenes? I assume they had something else planned entirely if the fate of the show's future wasn't known. The entire episode felt like the set-up to Season 5. To paraphrase a review I read - it wasn't a bad season premiere; the problem is that it was actually a season finale.

Looking forward to (hopefully) more Dar Adal, at least.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    But since we know the show is back, it's pretty good setup.

And the jazz that plays as Carrie drives off. Man, I loved that. I love any scene when Carrie is losing her mind and jazz kicks in.

Invisible on
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I think I'm over the show. They lost me when they
    killed of Fara and the CIA guy who had been in charge in Islamabad until Carrie showed up. I liked that guy's style, and Fara had a hell of a lot more potential stories than Carrie does.

My not quite joking theory is that since Claire Danes has a producer credit on the show, they're making sure to kill off anyone who might be more interesting than her character.

They also did the hyper-competent enemy thing back in season 2,
    when they find the bombmaker's place and are searching it, somehow a kill team of four terrorist dudes shows up and kills (almost) everyone easy-peasy and makes off with the explosives. Never mind how they're able to show up on such short notice and whatnot.

I thought the ISI's plan was dubious. It's basically an act of war, and I'm not sure what the upside is for them. Sticking it to Uncle Sam might be fun, but it's not a great way to improve your lot in life.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    So I was able to binge watch the show over Thanksgiving and this weekend and I thought the first 9 episodes were pretty strong. Lots of Saul and Quinn time which I really appreciate and it was nice to see the show stand on its own without the Brody storyline.

I'm not super pleased with the Fara thing in episode 10, but I can see why they did it. Episode 11 kind of made Quinn a little too James Bondish for me.

The finale was not great though. I get they wanted to address the passing of the actor who played Carrie's dad, but the pacing of the episode did not flow with the torrent of the previous episodes. Episode 11 would have been a fine finale and episode 12 should have been the premier.

That said, the show is still really good and I look forward to the next season. Is there really a lot of concern that it's going to end soon? It seems like one of Showtime's better known (with only Shameless as having more name recognition? Weeds and Californication are done right?) and better quality shows.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I think I'm over the show. They lost me when they
    killed of Fara and the CIA guy who had been in charge in Islamabad until Carrie showed up. I liked that guy's style, and Fara had a hell of a lot more potential stories than Carrie does.

My not quite joking theory is that since Claire Danes has a producer credit on the show, they're making sure to kill off anyone who might be more interesting than her character.

They also did the hyper-competent enemy thing back in season 2,
    when they find the bombmaker's place and are searching it, somehow a kill team of four terrorist dudes shows up and kills (almost) everyone easy-peasy and makes off with the explosives. Never mind how they're able to show up on such short notice and whatnot.

I thought the ISI's plan was dubious. It's basically an act of war, and I'm not sure what the upside is for them. Sticking it to Uncle Sam might be fun, but it's not a great way to improve your lot in life.

It seems a lot like the ISI's plan is probably less a plan and more
    That one rather high-ranking women's personal agenda.

It's pretty likely that IRL stuff like that is actually happening in Pakistan, giving where bin Ladan ended up being and all.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    IRL, there's stuff that's like this going on, Bin Laden's compound was in the same town as a major Pakistani military academy, so yeah. But that's 'passive', and the powers that be can still say 'oh, well we didn't actually know he was there'. It might be a laughable excuse, but you can't exactly prove it.

Homeland's activity was much more over the top. I get it, TV show, but it's a big difference between what a country can do, and what a country can get away with doing.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    It was certainly better than season 3. I thought it was interesting how they essentially show that Carry is an awful person who does awful things. She's all "that's not fair" about her pills being messed with, yet there she is fucking a kid. The "good guy" Pakistani ISI guy became a bit hard to believe. Like, why is he putting himself in so much danger in order to give up his own side's asset inside the CIA? Didn't really make sense even if he's unsatisfied with the current political situation.

God I'm in love with Nimrat Kaur, who played the female villain. I just want to see more of her.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    This wrote: »
    It was certainly better than season 3. I thought it was interesting how they essentially show that Carry is an awful person who does awful things. She's all "that's not fair" about her pills being messed with, yet there she is fucking a kid. The "good guy" Pakistani ISI guy became a bit hard to believe. Like, why is he putting himself in so much danger in order to give up his own side's asset inside the CIA? Didn't really make sense even if he's unsatisfied with the current political situation.

God I'm in love with Nimrat Kaur, who played the female villain. I just want to see more of her.

He is a member of the military whose power is based on the secular military rule of Pakistan. He needs the Islamist groups to exist, and stir up trouble, but not to win since if they do it will be his head on a pike next to the americans. Clearly the woman has an agreement where she will keep her power as the islamists rise, no one else does, which is why his betrayal of her on every level makes perfect sense. Hell, simply from a brains and loyalty to the military perspective it makes sense.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I watched s1 e1 yesterday afternoon and have basically done nothing except binge this show since

Watching s2 e 1 now

Omg

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    How does no one get a DUI in this show