As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    How the hell do you guys play as skavens and other squishy teams? I just tried a fresh skaven against a fresh elf team and 6 dead rats later I'm never playing them again

Rats are cheap. You're bound to lose a few. 6 is a lot though. The trick is to score early and often. Gotta get a cushion so later in the game when you're down players you can afford to give up a score or two. Also when your opponent is playing from behind they need to take more chances late in the game to catch up. Gutter Runners are perfect for capitalizing on fumbles. Oh and use your linemen to protect your runners and blitzers. Gutter runners are so good at scoring that it's still possible to put together a successful drive late in the game even if you're down several linerats. Losing a blitzer or more than one runner makes it much harder though. If you can hold onto the lead late into the game then you start looking at slowing down your own drives to keep the ball away from your opponent. Especially against slow bashy teams I'll let my runners just dance around their backfield for a few turns. Even if they do manage to get the ball away from me it's usually too late in the game for them to do anything with it. Some teams need like 3-4 turns to move the ball all the way from one end zone to the other even if completely unopposed. Even down several players it's usually possible to add a turn or two to your opponents drive on top of that with some good defensive positioning.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »
    That sounds highly convaluted, you would think they would of added a ton of differnt league options.

The thing is, it's using a non-Cyanide blood bowl website manager. And since it's not by Cyanide it doesn't plug into the main game nicely, therefore you have to do some file shuffling around. It's more complicated than it sounds to be honest, and once you've done it, it's not too complex. But I'm waiting on @Sharp101 to give us some feedback on how his League is doing.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    so me and Bizazedo got our League extension game on and Blood and gits managed to pull out a pretty convincing 2 - 0 win.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Plus when doing the direct IP connect you need the host player to be able to do the port forwarding on their router.

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Yeah that's OBBLM I have one created for us, I just am leery that enough people will be willing to do the upload/download part of it. How have you been faring with it?

We're using it for 'real' games, so I can't comment on how it integrates with the computer game.

For our league of 12, there was a few growing pains at the start but most people can record their matches now no problem. Since the league is a challenge league, we're playing each game with a pen and a match report print out then having to 'schedule' each match in OBBLM after it's played. Once it's scheduled then we can go into another section to fill out the online match report. I don't know how much this is simplified using the Cyanide-DB match upload.

The initial install involves some php variable config but it was fairly easy to set up. (then again, I'm a web developer)

Running this software for a 30 person league might be a little cumbersome but it should be doable. Someone might want to write a 'how to' on recording matches though.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm my suspicion that if we do a 30 team league, with 5 Divisions, that it will still make everyone play everyone else in the League? Or will they play each person in their Division?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I'll be rolling with Gobos unless Lawinator is taking them as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Yeah that's OBBLM I have one created for us, I just am leery that enough people will be willing to do the upload/download part of it. How have you been faring with it?

We're using it for 'real' games, so I can't comment on how it integrates with the computer game.

For our league of 12, there was a few growing pains at the start but most people can record their matches now no problem. Since the league is a challenge league, we're playing each game with a pen and a match report print out then having to 'schedule' each match in OBBLM after it's played. Once it's scheduled then we can go into another section to fill out the online match report. I don't know how much this is simplified using the Cyanide-DB match upload.

The initial install involves some php variable config but it was fairly easy to set up. (then again, I'm a web developer)

Running this software for a 30 person league might be a little cumbersome but it should be doable. Someone might want to write a 'how to' on recording matches though.

Ok thanks.. I had it running on a WAMP server with no problem, but had a glitch and talked to the Dev on IRC and he hosts free OBBLM sites, so I set one up there. But, as you said, it is cumbersome and even with a well written HowTo I think I'll run into more problems than I care to deal with. Thanks for the info though.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    I am super excited for khemri tomb guardian cage of death.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    1-Banzai5150: Orcs
    2-Zombie Hero: Pro Elves
    3-Lord Palington: Norse
    4-KafkaAU: Goblins
    5-BlitzAce1981: High Elves
    6-ElvenShae: Wood Elves
    7-Kafka87: Necromantic
    8-Draeven: Vampire
    9-Drake: Dwarf
    10-Custom Special: Humans
    11-TheInspector: Lizardmen
    12-VeeVee: Norse
    13-Stopgap: Dark Elves
    14-moleface: Skaven
    15-Gnizmo: Necromantic
    16-DocShifty: Amazon
    17-Gabriel Pitt: Ogre
    18-Drome: High Elves
    19-Foomy: Ogre
    20-DudemanX: Skaven
    21-Extreaminatus: Chaos
    22-papercuts6: Dark Elves
    23-TheLawinator: Chaos
    24-TNTrooper: At Bat
    25-ebotastic: On Deck
    26-Rami
    27-Moridin889
    28-Tiger Burning

So Far:

Dark Elves: 2
    Dwarfs: 1
    Orcs: 1
    Skaven: 2
    Lizardmen: 1
    Chaos: 2
    Wood Elves: 1
    Goblins: 1
    Humans: 1
    Undead: 0
    Khemri: 0
    Norse: 2
    Elves(pro): 1
    Halfling: 0
    Amazon: 1
    Ogre: 2
    Necromantic: 2
    Nurgle: 0
    Vampire: 1
    High Elves: 2

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I'll be rolling with Gobos unless Lawinator is taking them as well.
    24-TNTrooper: Goblins
    25-ebotastic: At Bat
    26-Rami: On Deck
    27-Moridin889
    28-Tiger Burning

So Far:

Goblins: 2

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I would think the easiest thing to do is create 3 leagues of 10 players, put the top 3 through to a new 'champions league' afterwards + take the people in 4th-5th from each league and give them a runners up bracket with the best 1 also going through to the champ league to make up appropriate numbers.

I mean thats all just rough numbers but it seems like the easiest way.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The easiest way is to have 5 leagues?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    Yes? 3 leagues running on the same schedule, when they finish you have a quick losers bracket, then a final league.

I mean, if removing your team from the league when it's finished and resubmitting it to the final league is too complicated then I don't really know what to say. But this way you still benefit from matchmaking and scheduling, and you don't have to do a lot of manual stat tracking or really anything other than creating 3 leagues and pushing them all forward once a week.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    Anyone want to play some gamez? I am itching for some blood bowl.

• Options
    PeteRoseHairPeteRoseHair Registered User regular
    @VeeVee I'm having basically the opposite situation. I've been playing a few matches as Ogres, and anytime I find myself against Skaven, I know I'm about to go down about 3000-0. They're just so freaking fast and agile. They're squishy, yea, but generally if they can pick up the ball with any room to move, I'm giving up a touchdown.

I get that they're supposed to be fast players, but good lord, they eat my Ogres alive. I have a better shot with Norse, but even then, it usually turns into a shoot out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »
    so me and Bizazedo got our League extension game on and Blood and gits managed to pull out a pretty convincing 2 - 0 win.

Validated.

Just need:
    Gabriel Pitt v MVickers
    Darkewolfe v Elin

Then we're off the the next to last week!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

Glad to see I didn't break @TheLawinator will to play this game last night. My dwarves met his ogres in the speed league and on the second turn there was a dead ogre with a useless apothecary. The dwarves were also extremely successful in the first half with 2 red die blocks and it just sent TheLawinator into a flustered tail spin, so bad he had an ogre onthe goal line with the ball on the last turn and he accidentally didn't move him in for the touchdown. I tried to get to the ogre to push him in, but my dwarf decided to fail his dodge

It should be a 1-1 tie, and not the 1-0 win that registered. I was just shocked at my good fortune with the dice and am afraid I've used up a whole yearly supply of luck in that first half

• Options
    Glad to see I didn't break @TheLawinator will to play this game last night. My dwarves met his ogres in the speed league and on the second turn there was a dead ogre with a useless apothecary. The dwarves were also extremely successful in the first half with 2 red die blocks and it just sent TheLawinator into a flustered tail spin, so bad he had an ogre onthe goal line with the ball on the last turn and he accidentally didn't move him in for the touchdown. I tried to get to the ogre to push him in, but my dwarf decided to fail his dodge

It should be a 1-1 tie, and not the 1-0 win that registered. I was just shocked at my good fortune with the dice and am afraid I've used up a whole yearly supply of luck in that first half
    Docshifty is the only thing that has kept me from quitting the league because that whole game was bullshit and I never want it mentioned again ever.

• Options
    Looks like the dwarves have Nuffle's favor this week all around.

Fuckin' stunties.... Lawinator's rage against the dwarves has reawakened the same feeling in my own heart.

Vengeance will be taken.

• Options
    Straight up nobody talk about it. Real talk.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dangit, why didn't someone yell at me when I wanted to do Gobbos in Speed? I didn't know there was already a Gob team in it, I thought I was being all cool and original. :(
    I don't want to not diversify bringing in a new team.

Banzai, OK with you if I just apply a new team to the league tonight since we're just starting? (so I would just take my own spot, and my own schedule with a different race)
    I'll go either stabby Dark Elves, Vampires or Lizards (league's choice, first post wins?).

Custom Special on
  • Options
    Hey, I didn't know someone was playing gobbos, let me reapply with the team I already have and replay that first game.

• Options
    Or how about we just restart the league and reseed the matches since I want to avoid playing veevee as long as possible.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Wish I could change names on a created team. Nori Ogreslayer just sounds perfect

• Options
    Don't be a fruit basket, Law. :)

If it's any consolation, whatever new team I use I'll have to play Vee week 2, which I'm really not looking forward to...

• Options
    Rami wrote: »
    I would think the easiest thing to do is create 3 leagues of 10 players, put the top 3 through to a new 'champions league' afterwards + take the people in 4th-5th from each league and give them a runners up bracket with the best 1 also going through to the champ league to make up appropriate numbers.

I mean thats all just rough numbers but it seems like the easiest way.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    24-TNTrooper: Goblins
    25-ebotastic: Khemri
    26-Rami: At Bat
    27-Moridin889: On Deck
    28-Tiger Burning

So Far:

Goblins: 2
    Khemri: 1

Going with Khemri, a team with which I've never played before. I should practice.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited March 2012
    They basically play like elves - a lot of passing and dodging.

<.<

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    I don't know what to pick :bz

sig.gif
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    They basically play like elves - a lot of passing and dodging.

<.<
    :rotate:
    Rami wrote:
    I had a system where I put down the teams I would be willing to play, weighed my desire to play them with a total score of 100, then randomed 1 to 100.

Then I looked at the team spreads, saw 6 picks left and 4 teams unpicked, said "screw it" and went with Khemri. :?

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options

Take a team with 0 picks. Just for variety's sake.
    Or just rolls Vamps!

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    How the hell do you guys play as skavens and other squishy teams? I just tried a fresh skaven against a fresh elf team and 6 dead rats later I'm never playing them again

Follow this handy guide:

1. -Skaven coach name here- it looks like you're about to click the end turn button. Do you have any players in contact with the opposition?

No. Goto 3.
    Yes. Goto 2.

2. You're doing it wrong.

3. You're doing it right.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options

Take a team with 0 picks. Just for variety's sake.
    Or just rolls Vamps!

Yeah! Nurgle and Undead are both fine picks.

Halflings not so much...

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Halflings are great for first-turn, 3-move (at worst) scores.

Halfing 1 picks up the ball, and hands it to hafling 2, who is standing next to a tree. The tree throws Halfling 2 down the pitch. Halfling 2 waltzes across the endzone for "free" points.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Halfing 1 picks up the ball, and hands it to hafling 2, who is standing next to a tree. The tree throws Halfling 2 down the pitch. Halfling 2 waltzes across the endzone for "free" points.

I assume the "free" is in relation to the many red halfling-shaped stains on the pitch? :D

And where's all the speed league bros? The league is sorely lacking in Elven representation and I need to be told a team to make instead of Gobbos...
    I forgot ZH was lizards, so I won't bother rolling them. I think hoity-toity elves, emo elves or super emo elves...

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I assume the "free" is in relation to the many red halfling-shaped stains on the pitch? :D

"Eventually" on the pitch. :D

Plus, you know, there's always the off-chance you fumble the throw and end up on your arse in the backfield, surrounded by very unhappy dwarves / orcs / Chaosiums.

• Options
    New Plan:
    1-Banzai5150: Halflings
    2-Zombie Hero: Halflings
    3-Lord Palington: Halflings
    4-KafkaAU: Halflings
    5-BlitzAce1981: Halflings
    6-ElvenShae: Halflings
    7-Kafka87: Halflings
    8-Draeven: Halflings
    9-Drake: Halflings
    10-Custom Special: Halflings
    11-TheInspector: Halflings
    12-VeeVee: Halflings
    13-Stopgap: Halflings
    14-moleface: Halflings
    15-Gnizmo: Halflings
    16-DocShifty: Halflings
    17-Gabriel Pitt: Halflings
    18-Drome: Halflings
    19-Foomy: Halflings
    20-DudemanX: Halflings
    21-Extreaminatus: Halflings
    22-papercuts6: Halflings
    23-TheLawinator: Halflings
    24-TNTrooper: Halflings
    25-ebotastic: Halflings
    26-Rami: Halflings
    27-Moridin889: Halflings
    28-Tiger Burning: Halflings

So Far:

Dark Elves: 0
    Dwarfs: 0
    Orcs: 0
    Skaven: 0
    Lizardmen: 0
    Chaos: 0
    Wood Elves: 0
    Goblins: 0
    Humans: 0
    Norse: 0
    Elves(pro): 0
    Halfling: 28
    Amazon: 0
    Ogre: 0
    Necromantic: 0
    Vampire: 0
    High Elves: 0

• Options
    "And in a stunning turn of events, yet another Blood Bowl game was canceled the week when the two teams, instead of fighting it out for points, decided instead to sit down, smoke a bowl of Shire weed, and have a picnic. Commissioner Morg'n'Thorg was quoted as saying, 'Have you ever really looked at a butterfly? I mean, really looked? Wow.'"

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Dangit, why didn't someone yell at me when I wanted to do Gobbos in Speed? I didn't know there was already a Gob team in it, I thought I was being all cool and original. :(
    I don't want to not diversify bringing in a new team.

Banzai, OK with you if I just apply a new team to the league tonight since we're just starting? (so I would just take my own spot, and my own schedule with a different race)
    I'll go either stabby Dark Elves, Vampires or Lizards (league's choice, first post wins?).

You should totally keep it, that way, my first two weeks are against gobo teams and I can work up some damn SPP.