As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    I can definitely do a game before 11 edt. Ill message you on steam

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Gonna relax by playing another open league game.

If there're people to play, I'll keep playing.

http://www.livestream.com/docshifty
    I should probably, you know, actually play my open league team. They're still sitting at 0-0-0.

:oops:

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    mrt144 wrote: »
    You and me in stunty. How late are you up. Im -8 for time zone

I'm EDT at the moment I guess (I can hardly keep track of the time changes now that all of my clocks sans 1 do it automatically), so that's GMT -4 if you want to get all technical. Today is the launch of newest content in EQ2 so I may be spending some time doing that, but if you are able to start a game before 11 pm EDT or so I can probably do that tonight. Tomorrow is my group gaming night so that's probably a no go, but Thursday and Friday would have the same time restrictions as tonight.

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Possibly the greatest website in the world for multi-national Blood Bowl leagues.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    DocShifty and I will be broadcasting the speed league championship at approx. 10est/9cst tonight. Stay tuned for channel!

Chaos vs. Necro hoooooooo!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

If you got time for another game message me on steam and we can get our X-league game going.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DocShifty and I will be broadcasting the speed league championship at approx. 10est/9cst tonight. Stay tuned for channel!

Chaos vs. Necro hoooooooo!
    Blood for the Blood God!

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Docshifty and I just started our X-league match. Dark-elves vs Undead. He has 740k inducements.

So this game was interesting in the first half. Then turned into a game of rediculous luck for me in the second. First half ended 0-0 after the ball traded ends a number of times. Nuffle looked unfavourably upon the Doc and it all went down hill from there for him. After a riot pushing back the clock the final score was 3-0 to the elves. A couple of badly hurts on my side but nothing lingering on either side.

My agil-5 runner threw a number of passes and scored a TD I think, ending up getting another level. Probably going to take safe throw so I can throw anywhere without a significant fear of interception.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    I ended up giving the beastman side step. I already sort of regret it.

Steam
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Docshifty and I just started our X-league match. Dark-elves vs Undead. He has 740k inducements.

So this game was interesting in the first half. Then turned into a game of rediculous luck for me in the second. First half ended 0-0 after the ball traded ends a number of times. Nuffle looked unfavourably upon the Doc and it all went down hill from there for him. After a riot pushing back the clock the final score was 3-0 to the elves. A couple of badly hurts on my side but nothing lingering on either side.

My agil-5 runner threw a number of passes and scored a TD I think, ending up getting another level. Probably going to take safe throw so I can throw anywhere without a significant fear of interception.

I was really happy going in level at the half, since, even with inducements, I had a hard time asserting myself anywhere on the field. I do NOT like fighting a team of agi4.

• Options
    Yea, Diving tackle would have probably been better. Paired with prehensile tail + stand firm + tackle (eventually).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blood Bowl Speed League championship in 35 minutes on ESPN8:The Ocho

• Options
    The plan is to get sidestep+block+guard, but yeah, diving tackle was taunting me all day. I think i overthought the whole thing.

ANNOUNCEMENT: the speed league final will be played 10 minutes earlier than planned, at 9:50 est/8:50 cst

Steam
  • Options
    Good luck guys, should be a good game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Although sidestep might be nice if i go frenzy+juggernaut afterwards

Steam
  • Options
    Its on gentleman.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Sorry I've been sorta incommunicado today as I was packing up and then packing the car. I leave Thursday early AM for my drive so, if you need things Validated by then, get in touch with me. Otherwise, I'll be out of contact till at least sometime Saturday if not Sunday.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Sorry I've been sorta incommunicado today as I was packing up and then packing the car. I leave Thursday early AM for my drive so, if you need things Validated by then, get in touch with me. Otherwise, I'll be out of contact till at least sometime Saturday if not Sunday.

Are you rolling the week over before you leave?

Edit: It appears to have happened already and I didn't notice. Sorry!

Gnizmo on
  • Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Automatic loss for the next two weeks.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Automatic loss for the next two weeks.

/cry With the way I played the first game perhaps I deserve this punishment.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Speed League Season 2 Winner:
    ZH-kuvl

note: I'm going to remove Extra Inducements, and Equipment from the League. Also adding in 4 players for the Playoff instead of just 2. Any problems?

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    I almost want to get that wolf killed for fumbling the catch.

• Options
    Speed League Season 2 Winner:
    ZH-kuvl

note: I'm going to remove Extra Inducements, and Equipment from the League. Also adding in 4 players for the Playoff instead of just 2. Any problems?
    Sounds good!

Congrats, ZH!

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I personally like the extra inducement, but I'm not a fan of the equipment. However I'm not in that league, so you can obviously do whatever you want with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I personally like the extra inducement, but I'm not a fan of the equipment. However I'm not in that league, so you can obviously do whatever you want with it.

I'd like to hear why people do or don't like things so I can make a better informed decision.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Extra inducements and equipment is a Cyanide implementation, therefore its bad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well the extended inducements add the option of getting something for less than 50k, though they are not part of the Competition Rules so that's a point against them. I honestly have no problem with only using the standard inducements, especially since it removes any possibility of somebody abusing the recharging wizard. For some reason I had thought that some of the extended inducements were from the actual rulebook, but double checking shows that this is not the case.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012

I'd like to hear why people do or don't like things so I can make a better informed decision.

Theyre really poorly thought out and multiple wizards per game is gamebreaking

mrt144 on
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

If you got time for another game message me on steam and we can get our X-league game going.

Ill send you a message tomorrow

• Options

Theyre really poorly thought out and multiple wizards per game is gamebreaking

The extra inducements are like the new team they're putting out in the next edition.

Not created or balanced by GW, but Cyanide.

So, yeah.

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    YES!

Please remove the extended inducements from all leagues.

Thank you

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    The equipment is almost prohibitively expensive, as far as I see it, but more than that, with it turned on, players don't change their appearance into the badass death machines. I like seeing that.

• Options

So my agil 5 runner rolled +agil.

Agil 6 worth it? I suspect not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I dunno. You can do some crazy stuff with ag6. It's better than accuracy for a passer, and you can turn him into an insane cage breaker.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Ag6 is not necessarily better than accurate for a passer, because accurate helps protect against fumbles on extremely long passes while Ag6 does not. That said, Ag6 can make for some very interesting things, like picking the ball up on a 2+ in 2 tackle zones or dodging into a 3 tackle zone cage on a 3+. Now whether going from 5 to 6 agility is worth the boost to your team value is up for debate, but much depends on what you have already taken as skills too.

Tough decision, best of luck making a choice you are happy with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I almost want to get that wolf killed for fumbling the catch.

Is this the same fail wolf that has been plaguing you?

• Options
    Ag6 is not necessarily better than accurate for a passer, because accurate helps protect against fumbles on extremely long passes while Ag6 does not. That said, Ag6 can make for some very interesting things, like picking the ball up on a 2+ in 2 tackle zones or dodging into a 3 tackle zone cage on a 3+. Now whether going from 5 to 6 agility is worth the boost to your team value is up for debate, but much depends on what you have already taken as skills too.

Tough decision, best of luck making a choice you are happy with.

I think AG6 would only be worth it on a team with more than 1 or 2 runner types. But if this is your only guy or one of 2 you can't afford to pass up other skills and AG5 is already a headache for most teams.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I don't think I would ever not take AG6 on a player. There are too many amazing things that it lets you do that no skill can replicate.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Unexpected trip is going to keep me from my computer until at least this Friday.

• Options
    Just chiming in again on the extended inducements. The only real benefit to them is that it allows you to get at least something (like a +agi potion that might or might not work) with less than 50k inducement money, while opening up the potential abuse of reusable wizards (though I'm fine with an agreement to only use the wizard once) and giving options that aren't really as well tested as the rest. I am fine with only using the Competition Rules compliant inducements, which all seem to be included in the default list. Also if using the extended inducements stops my players from looking more impressive as they level, then definitely ditch them because I love watching the players evolve visually over time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speed League:
    Did someone say they wanted OUT at the end of this Season? If so I'll need a replacement. I'm waiting on this before starting the new season up.

Regular League:
    Many games left to go, but deadline is not until Sunday evening.
    (Lawinator I will be unable to play until maybe Sunday)

Stunty League:
    Have only one game played so far, but like Regular you have until Sunday.
    (TheInspector I will be unable to play until maybe Sunday)

Notice: I've said it many times before, but it bears repeating. I am MOVING cross country from Fl to Co. I am leaving tomorrow early in the AM, so I will be packing up my computer around 6pm EDT. So, if you need anything validated or reset, let me know before then. Otherwise, I should be back online sometime Saturday, depending on how much energy I have and if I've not died from the high altitude.

50433.png?1708759015