As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

5.1 Surround Sound Problem in Windows 7

NohmanNohman Registered User regular
Hello there,

Having something of a problem with the sound setup on my PC. I'm using the onboard sound on an ASUS P6TD Deluxe motherboard, connected through the optical output jack on the back of the case. This is going into a Sony DAV-DZ330 Home theatre system. Problem I'm having is that Windows will only recognise the front left and front right speakers, not the rear, central or even the subwoofer.

I have the latest drivers for the onboard sound card, and if I go into the sound setting and "test" the DTS Audio and Dolby Digital encoding formats then all the speakers work fine, so it is clearly capable of it. The strange part is that in the sound menu I can select the "speakers" option and configure them to 5.1, but on the SPDIF Interface that option is greyed out.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is, so I turn to you guys for help. Any ideas?

Nohman on