As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Pyromania Update Day 3! MEET THE PYRO RELEASED! Do you believe in magic?

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote:
    RandomEngy wrote:
    Yeah. The update gives you all this new stuff! And you can't have it.

Wait, it gives us new stuff? I thought it just gave hats.
    Also some demo man weapon reskins

steam_sig.png
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Yay I can finally wear my Lucky No. 42, flip flops, and summer hat all at once.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    cross post

Another update:

Fixed a problem with the Foster's Facade not correctly hiding the pyro's head.
    Fixed a problem where loadouts would get reset under certain conditions if the item server couldn't be reached.
    Fixed a common client crash when displaying items.
    Items purchased from the store are no longer craftable.
    Updated localization files.

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Won't even allow me to open the game. :(

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular

Those cock-teases.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone got a spare reserve shooter for trade? :3

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Those cock-teases.

What the fuck. That was easily one of the best parts of the update.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Has anyone posted this? Some tf2 items you can get if you pre-purchase Foot Manager 2012
    -The Merc's Pride Scarf can be worn by each class.
    -The Ball-Kicking Boots are available for the Scout and spawn a team-colored ball that everyone can play with.

Well those look like some neat addi-
    -Vuvuzela Noise maker.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    darunia106 wrote:
    Has anyone posted this? Some tf2 items you can get if you pre-purchase Foot Manager 2012
    -The Ball-Kicking Boots are available for the Scout and spawn a team-colored ball that everyone can play with.

-Vuvuzela Noise maker.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I know I shouldn't, but now I'm seriously considering purchasing that game.

EH28YFo.jpg
    That is a very nifty scarf

steam_sig.png
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Those cock-teases.

Apparently you could buy the cheapest hats well below their trade value. They didn't think that one through. It will probably return without hats being included.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
    Rakai wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Those cock-teases.

Apparently you could buy the cheapest hats well below their trade value. They didn't think that one through. It will probably return without hats being included.

Or the trade value will decrease dramatically.

On the subject of trade value, I wonder how much my Scout summer hat/misc items are going to be worth now that there's a third misc slot and they can be traded clean.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Rakai wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Those cock-teases.

You could buy 50 hats at .79 and craft 25 new hats (especially the shiny update ones). Valve could not care less about the trade economy.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote:

pffft I am not going to pay a ton of cash fo-
    -Vuvuzela Noise maker.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

steam_sig.png
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Rakai wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Those cock-teases.

You could buy 50 hats at .79 and craft 25 new hats (especially the shiny update ones). Valve could not care less about the trade economy.

There's a reason old promo items didn't enter the drop pool when they changed their policy to all promo items being droppable/craftable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Those cock-teases.

Wow, that's some bullshit. Well, now I get to sit here with a ton of useless items in my inventory that I bought earlier today with the express purpose of crafting! Thanks a bunch Valve, for basically taking my money on a false premise and then pulling a switcheroo. Yeah, I'm not going to be buying anything from the store again.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • WhatWhat Registered User regular
    This bitch be crashing like crazy now.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ugh. Sign a TF2 update has really come out: You get about 15 digest e-mails from the hlds_linux mailing list in one night.

And people are quote-training the patch notes. fffffffffffff

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Besides loadouts and multi-misc, this is pretty much a dog of an update. I didn't realize that "over 30 new items" meant "Hats and one or two weapons that are just reskins."

YL9WnCY.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Edit: Never mind, damn no hotlinking..

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    They linked you to 4chan?

gunwarrior on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It was an image of a ton of peoples inventories that were loaded with hats and items they just bought for crafting and now were insanely pissed off that Valve wallet raped them for nothing.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I want this.
    ?.jpg

In the beta, you could change your loadout directly from the class select screen. I don't really get why that didn't make it.

Also, is anyone else getting large delays when equipping items?

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Welp. With this new steam workshop feature, I'm just WAITING for the reskin of the solemn vow that's the spy's severed head. If I had any modeling experience, and the tools to, I would do it myself.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    It was an image of a ton of peoples inventories that were loaded with hats and items they just bought for crafting and now were insanely pissed off that Valve wallet raped them for nothing.
    Count me among those people. What Valve did was pull a bait-and-switch, whether intentional or not. There's no other word for it. I feel like the least they could do to make up for this is make all items purchased within X hours of their sudden hotfix change be made craftable, because I really don't know what I'm going to do with 10 batters' helmets.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    Anyone else wants Flair and make your custom texture be pins from The World Ends With You? Because that's definitely how I'd texture it if I had one.

• theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I was reading through the undocumented patch notes on the wiki and came across this:
    * Shortstop reload slowed down by 50%
    * Can no longer receive ammo from dispensers or the cart when the Persian Persuader is equipped; in addition the amount of health received from fallen ammo has been reduced significantly.

I realize the PP was probably more powerful than other demo melee weapons, but this seems like overkill and makes the thing almost useless. As for the Shortstop, it seems completely unncessary. It's like they don't want anyone to use anything other than the standard loadout. Yet Valve remains reluctant to touch the heavy.

e: Also I have a series 31 crate if someone wants it. I'm looking for a Widowmaker so I can throw in a scrap or something with the crate.

theantipop on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Besides loadouts and multi-misc, this is pretty much a dog of an update. I didn't realize that "over 30 new items" meant "Hats and one or two weapons that are just reskins."

I expect them to do something cool for the Halloween update that involves new weapons.
    I hope.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Peewi wrote:
    Anyone else wants Flair and make your custom texture be pins from The World Ends With You? Because that's definitely how I'd texture it if I had one.

I didn't think of that originally.

Now I do.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Got a vector file of Soul Eater and Gurren Lagann logo's just waiting to be used.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    PMAvers wrote:
    Peewi wrote:

I didn't think of that originally.

Now I do.

Only question is, what pins to go with? I think I'd go with the player pin, Pyrokinesis, Cure Drink and Thunderbolt.

Has anyone figured out what decides whether you can comment on an item in the Steam Workshop? Some stuff I can comment on, but most I can't. Sometimes even stuff that already has comments.

• SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote:

fffffuuuuuuuckkkkk

that's the best idea

Senshi wrote:
    fffffuuuuuuuckkkkk

that's the best idea

Yeah, I thought you'd like it. To go with your Steam avatar, you should have this one among your pins, even if only those who have played TWEWY extensively would get it.
    Pin_284.png

• SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    leo cantusssssss

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I once ordered a bunch of those pins printed in real life for my secret santa at work :D

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Damn, now I have to grind because I want the whole Demoman pirate suit. I love the soldier's "No Name" hat, but it doesn't fit well with him, because he has those damn grenades sticking out of his suit.

The soldier would be awesome if he had like a 50's/60's Suburban Dad outfit: I'm thinking something like a sweater vest, (another) pipe, khakis, slippers and a rolled up newspaper that works like his whip. It's what Jane Doe does, when he's "off duty."

(edit:) Oh yeah, and a pack of cards for magic tricks that work like the "Buff Banner" or the "Battalion's Back-up," only with random effects... because it's magic.

mekman 2 on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    So they high five taunt is pretty fun. Were there any new weapons?

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    RandomEngy wrote:
    So they high five taunt is pretty fun. Were there any new weapons?

A few, but they're just reskins of existing weapons.

theantipop wrote:

e: Also I have a series 31 crate if someone wants it. I'm looking for a Widowmaker so I can throw in a scrap or something with the crate.
    Oh man, strange degreasers? Hopefully the price will drop to a reasonable level by the Halloween event

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.